DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The beauty of a CONCACAF game. Looks like Yidlin is set to start the second half though, judging by Bedoyas ease of movement down the right side in the first half DeAndre should be very dangerous.
He's definitely stretching their defense and giving us another dimension, but he's paying for it. I've seen him get knocked on his ass at least twice now.

CONCACAF refereeing is a joke, players are going to start getting hurt.

Good run and heads up play from Yedlin
http://streamable.com/9w4h

If they did that as Spurs...
giphy.gif

Watching 2nd half of USA vs Peru. Yedlin providing his normal dimension : Pace. The build-up to the 2nd goal involved playing the ball deep into the corner and having Yedlin out-run the defender to the ball. One thing he does well when he gets the ball deep is look for shooters at the top of the box. I just hope Advocaat can broaden his skills beyond just chasing the ball.

Watching 2nd half of USA vs Peru. Yedlin providing his normal dimension : Pace. The build-up to the 2nd goal involved playing the ball deep into the corner and having Yedlin out-run the defender to the ball. One thing he does well when he gets the ball deep is look for shooters at the top of the box. I just hope Advocaat can broaden his skills beyond just chasing the ball.

Thought he was very lively tonight. There's no ball he can't get to. As long as he keeps making his runs behind defenders, he can be a useful sub for us in the future.

Thought he was very lively tonight. There's no ball he can't get to. As long as he keeps making his runs behind defenders, he can be a useful sub for us in the future.
True. But his Pace is a blessing & a curse. A blessing that he can outrun other players. A curse in that he may not develop other skills , like man defending, dribbling skills and close-quarter passing ability.

I thought he looked good at full back for us in the post-season friendlies. Not the greatest opposition granted but he showed good positional sense and was a great outlet on the wing in attack. I look forward to seeing his development atSunderland, it's a great move for him.

I like the analysis on the TV re: Yedlin. He is good facing the play, but not with the play behind him.

He is best as an attacker when the play is in front of him and he can use his pace to chase down the ball.
Also good with defending in front of him. He defended Marcelo when he could face him.
He has already had 2 good passes for shots on goal when he is facing the goal. He has been the only positive for the US on Offense.

His problem on D is runs behind him. Tonight has less D responsibility, with Cameron behind him at RB.
And on attack, with his back-to-attack, when he has to come back to the ball, he does not have options, has some poor touches, and can be wasteful with his passes.

The only thing USA had vs Brazil was Yedlin's pace. He looked like the only USA player who deserved to be on the same pitch. Not enough. And Yedlin needs to add a SHOT to his attacking weaponry.

The only thing USA had vs Brazil was Yedlin's pace. He looked like the only USA player who deserved to be on the same pitch. Not enough. And Yedlin needs to add a SHOT to his attacking weaponry.

he gave the ball up too much with bad passes and/or not knowing what to do with it at times. His attempted tackle on Neymar for Brazil's 4th was just bad. Really don't think he looked all that deserving.

Back
Top Bottom