Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brilliant again

Remember when fans thought he would be shit, who would of thought playing him in his best position would do him well

I don't recall anyone saying he would be shit. Certainly not here. Though there were people that questioned whether him and Bentancur would be enough in the window, which is certainly a fair question to have asked.

I don't recall anyone saying he would be shit. Certainly not here. Though there was people that questioned whether him and Bentancur would be enough in the window, which is certainly a fair question to have asked.
I just came on here to say where are all those who told us all this lad was worth a swerve …., and you just coincidentally happen to have posted

The rumours for this lad started early doors and I recall with clarity how he was derided, there was an overwhelming opinion from those with the 3 screens that this guy was unable to cut the mustard

Imo so far it’s been a pleasure to watch someone with genuine technical ability …. A player that can take the ball under pressure and not contrive to lose it time over and actually come away from a situation and make play

They’re different players and honestly it looked like Diaz was our first choice but i am quite pleased we ‘ended up’ with Kulu

I just came on here to say where are all those who told us all this lad was worth a swerve …., and you just coincidentally happen to have posted

The rumours for this lad started early doors and I recall with clarity how he was derided, there was an overwhelming opinion from those with the 3 screens that this guy was unable to cut the mustard

Imo so far it’s been a pleasure to watch someone with genuine technical ability …. A player that can take the ball under pressure and not contrive to lose it time over and actually come away from a situation and make play

They’re different players and honestly it looked like Diaz was our first choice but i am quite pleased we ‘ended up’ with Kulu

I don't think anybody can be given too much stick for thinking that someone who wasn't getting regular game time in Serie A and is also just 21 years old can make too much of a sudden impact, which is exactly what we needed in the January window, players that can instantly make a difference. Fortunately for us he's hit the ground running. It's clear where his limitations are and where improvements need to be made with his game, but he's a much more technical player than Moura and Bergwijn and offers something entirely different to those. Long may it continue. But Bryan Gil was hyped up by some after one sub appearance so I've waited to see what Kulusevski can offer over a few games before really giving a legit early opinion on him.

I don't think anybody can be given too much stick for thinking that someone who wasn't getting regular game time in Serie A and is also just 21 years old can make too much of a sudden impact, which is exactly what we needed in the January window, players that can instantly make a difference. Fortunately for us he's hit the ground running. It's clear where his limitations are and where improvements need to be made with his game, but he's a much more technical player than Moura and Bergwijn and offers something entirely different to those. Long may it continue. But Bryan Gil was hyped up by some after one sub appearance so I've waited to see what Kulusevski can offer over a few games before really giving a legit early opinion on him.
He wasn’t getting regular game time but at the same time no one said it was for any other reason than he wasn’t good enough

I’m not doubting anything further that you’ve contributed but I clearly remember the overriding opinion of this bloke when we were linked throughout was it would be a wholly underwhelming signing

Early days yet but I said after his second substitute appearance that he looked promising. Others said to give the kid a chance. I guess, for some, that didn’t fit their narrative of Conté not being backed in January.

I get reminded that when I watched the big man (Dembele), he would take that little jink to his left and I would think ‘fuck, how is it everyone knows what’s coming but they still can’t stop him’. Now, I see this kid and he’s going to cut inside on his left foot and I think ‘fuck, how is it everyone knows what’s coming but they still can’t stop him’.
A good sign indeed.

He could have had 4 or 5 assists tonight. Looks like such a good buy for us so far.

Skipp, Sessegnon, and Kulusevski are all 21 and just a couple months apart. Gil and Sarr back this summer. Starting to build a nice young core of youth again like the early Poch years. Just need one or two academy lads to break through. Romero and Bentancur are also only 23 and 24.

He could have had 4 or 5 assists tonight. Looks like such a good buy for us so far.

Skipp, Sessegnon, and Kulusevski are all 21 and just a couple months apart. Gil and Sarr back this summer. Starting to build a nice young core of youth again like the early Poch years. Just need one or two academy lads to break through. Romero and Bentancur are also only 23 and 24.
Hoping Gil and Sarr really establish themselves in the first team squad when they are back.

Also so frustrating that Rodon couldn't be part of the young core of this team. Surely he is better than Sanchez. With Romero looking settled it makes more sense to buy someone experienced and mature @26-29 to be a starter

He has shown promise straight away, exactly what you want from any new signing. He also looks physically up to the standard required in the PL and can only improve with time.

He also shows exactly what Conte was talking about when he criticised our recent transfers failures as not being physically/mentally suited for the intensity of the PL. Lo Celso managed 1 PL goal and 3 assists in his 2.5 years here. Kulu already has 2 goals and 3 assists in his first 6 appearances.

Any of the people that slatted the signings of Kudu and Bentancur.. your apologies better be as loud as your slander.

Think most people were moaning about the quantity more than anything else. We got rid of more players than we brought in, in an already weak squad...

Think most people were moaning about the quantity more than anything else. We got rid of more players than we brought in, in an already weak squad...

Nah....... "Juve Rejects"..... "Paratici desperation signings"..... "Look how shit the Juve fans say they are" (whilst disregarding what our resident Juve fan had to say about them cos it didn't suit the narrative).....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom