Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we've already played a lot of money on 'loan fee', so can now buy him at a discounted price. So if we are to get rid of him, it makes financially more sense to buy him and then sell him on.

But yeah I agree with you actually. He's just not good enough. It's a shame because if we had a quality RWB, I think he'd have had a much better chance to shine. But what he's proven is if the others around him aren't firing, he's not going to make a difference.
he has no pace

wingers these days need it

and the top ones have it like salah and mane

I think we've already played a lot of money on 'loan fee', so can now buy him at a discounted price. So if we are to get rid of him, it makes financially more sense to buy him and then sell him on.
I'm not sure I'm with you on this reasoning. Now, I don't really follow this stuff but i thought I saw that we paid 10M for 18 months loan. And to make that permanent we'd need to pony up an additional 30M. Just looking at this kids skillset I'm not sure he's worth 30M and even if he were it would be to a small group of potential clubs and it would carry huge risk.
But yeah I agree with you actually. He's just not good enough. It's a shame because if we had a quality RWB, I think he'd have had a much better chance to shine. But what he's proven is if the others around him aren't firing, he's not going to make a difference.
Exactly, so not the type player we should be buying for 30M. We should be looking for players that can stamp their authority on games. We already have so many nothing players that are dependent on circumstances to shine...those are players that are not good enough. This kid will be another. And I say this as someone that was against his xfer after watching many games (was watching McKennie) at Juve. And since we have such a friggin problem moving players on I do not want.

Good player but does absolutely nothing for our inability to play against teams who crowd us out and afford us zero space to play in. Someone in the Diaz mould who is highly mobile and nimble would have done.

Last two games he's been exactly what I saw at Juventus. Slow, immobile, dwells on the ball too much and is too easy to crowd out. No point kneejerking and deciding he's suddenly shit again, but pretty clear we're still lacking balance and he hasn't fixed that.
This. We probably should get a better RW in the summer honestly.

Igula Igula was right, sorry to say it

Really living up to your username huh?
Youtube Eyebrows GIF by SoulPancake

His loan clocks in at £2.6m per 1/2 season...... That's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

If we don't want him; don't buy him.

But yeah I agree with you actually. He's just not good enough. It's a shame because if we had a quality RWB, I think he'd have had a much better chance to shine.

He has shone up until the game before last.

But what he's proven is if the others around him aren't firing, he's not going to make a difference.

Or maybe he's just suffering badly from no-one else to link up with down his side now MD is not about and the CMs are being out-numbered. (You even allude to this yourself).... There's countless games where Sor or Kane hasn't made a difference when the whole team has played badly.

This 2 game spell is a brutally small sample-set to write him off on that basis.

People shitting on Kulu and saying we shouldn't buy him after a couple of games when the whole team has been crap

I know, let's sack Conte and sell Kane and Son too

I said people need to calm down a bit with this kid. He has potential and I think he'll become a very good player. But him getting likened to Eriksen was and still is laughable at this stage. He's got quality but when the going gets tough he completely dissapears at the moment. He looks great when the whole team is playing well and are winning games comfortably.

I said people need to calm down a bit with this kid. He has potential and I think he'll become a very good player. But him getting likened to Eriksen was and still is laughable at this stage. He's got quality but when the going gets tough he completely dissapears at the moment.
not a rw for me

we need someone quicker out wide

playing behind kane he will shine alot more

People shitting on Kulu and saying we shouldn't buy him after a couple of games when the whole team has been crap

Nobody is shitting on him. Pretty much everybody is saying he's a good player but perhaps not what is required, and that's an entirely valid opinion. People were happy to call him some superstar talent after a handful of games, but questioning whether Spurs pay the fee is kneejerk?

He had issues when not given space & time at Juventus, and that has carried on at Spurs. Son & Kane are great but also have a problem with this. The one time we looked a bit dangerous today was when Lucas came on and managed to wriggle free from a defender.

Eriksen is better than kulu, bentancur and lo celso combined.

The bar has been lowered so much, a loanee scores 3 goals and we cant get the suitcases of money out quick enough.

Spurs have always had pace. If nothing else we were always an energetic, extremely fit and speedy team. Now we have an obsession with slow defensive cloggers. We dont need another ghost in team.

...sounds like a plan as good as any other. And since it seems a couple of those moves will be instigated by the respectively named parties the club won't have to do too much.

And what's wrong with saying we shouldn't buy him after a couple games when there were tons o' meatheads out here saying we should buy him after a couple games. We at least have the benefit of being right and the evidence will continue to build. Just pay attention.

Or are you suggesting we do the same thing next season and expect a different result to the one we've gotten the last 3 seasons? Hey, it's taken ManU 10 years of mediocrity to finally acknowledge and accept the fact that they need a full rebuild and that was after the success of Fergie. So you got time to get there.

Back
Top Bottom