Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

that bit where he done robertson...if he slips son in there could you imagine! that will come next year though as hell know in them positions sons a willing runner in behind

that bit where he done robertson...if he slips son in there could you imagine! that will come next year though as hell know in them positions sons a willing runner in behind
He most likely knows that already. He's known to video analyse the games, so I'm pretty sure he's kicking himself about that chance.

He most likely knows that already. He's known to video analyse the games, so I'm pretty sure he's kicking himself about that chance.
Definitely, he's a player that tends to play with his head up and look for the pass, but it will take bit of time to make it second nature like it is for Kane.

Take out penalties and Kane and Son have been neck and neck when it comes to scoring goals over the last 4 seasons. Sons also been a better and more important player overall during this timeframe.

Kane is the weak link of our starting three at the moment and adding Diaz would mean that Kane’s starting position would be in jeapordy.

Non Pen Goal Contributions
18-19: 18 vs 17
19-20: 21 vs 18
20-21: 26 vs 33
21-22: 26 vs 19

Total: Son 91 vs Kane 87

Spurs Player of the Year
18-19: Son
19-20: Son
20-21: Kane
21-22: Most likely Son again
Lets move this to Son or Kane thread?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Woolwich-tottenham-score-mikel-arteta-26951106

Arteta reacts to Kulusevski's skill​

Spurs were playing some great stuff in the first half as Harry Kane fired them to a 2-0 lead at the break.

Kane converted a spot-kick after Cedric's foul on Son before netting a close-range header to double the home side's advantage.

Son and Dejan Kulusevski were causing Woolwich all sorts of problems down the flanks with Cedric and Takehiro Tomiyasu struggling to deal with the pair. Meanwhile, Woolwich were finding it difficult to get a foothold in the game

Kulusevski, who has been a great find for Spurs since joining from Juventus in January, has plenty of tricks in his closet and he made Granit Xhaka look foolish at one point as he nutmegged the Swish international.

And Arteta's reaction watching on from the sideline summed up Woolwich's first half as he puffed his cheeks in exasperation.

Take out penalties and Kane and Son have been neck and neck when it comes to scoring goals over the last 4 seasons. Sons also been a better and more important player overall during this timeframe.

Kane is the weak link of our starting three at the moment and adding Diaz would mean that Kane’s starting position would be in jeapordy.

Non Pen Goal Contributions
18-19: 18 vs 17
19-20: 21 vs 18
20-21: 26 vs 33
21-22: 26 vs 19

Total: Son 91 vs Kane 87

Spurs Player of the Year
18-19: Son
19-20: Son
20-21: Kane
21-22: Most likely Son again
Deuterz Deuterz so what are you disagreeing with here?

Ashley Olsen Reaction GIF by Filmeditor

Deuterz Deuterz so what are you disagreeing with here?

Ashley Olsen Reaction GIF by Filmeditor

Kane very obviously isn’t the ‘weak link’ in our attack and has been absolutely sensational overall under Conte. Kulusevski benefits a lot from having him (and Son) in the team.

And no, adding Diaz wouldn’t have put Kane’s place in jeopardy. Conte adores Kane and he’s the only natural CF who just happens to be the best at it in the league. So for both of those silly notions you got a disagree.

Kane very obviously isn’t the ‘weak link’ in our attack and has been absolutely sensational overall under Conte. Kulusevski benefits a lot from having him (and Son) in the team.

And no, adding Diaz wouldn’t have put Kane’s place in jeopardy. Conte adores Kane and he’s the only natural CF who just happens to be the best at it in the league. So for both of those silly notions you got a disagree.
Not silly. Up until the NLD, Kulu had been in better form than Kane. And Son has just been flat out better overall over the last 4 seasons and will be our player of the season in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Conte and any other Spurs manager won’t drop Kane let alone sub him even with a 3-0 lead because of cotractual obligations. It’s pretty obvious.

Son can play striker if needed and Kane could drop back to 10 to support Diaz, Son and Kulu.

Not silly. Up until the NLD, Kulu had been in better form than Kane. And Son has just been flat out better overall over the last 4 seasons and will be our player of the season in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Conte and any other Spurs manager won’t drop Kane let alone sub him even with a 3-0 lead because of cotractual obligations. It’s pretty obvious.

Yeah managers aren’t reactionary like you and don’t drop players based on a few games or so of better form. Teams double up on Kane and plan for stopping him because they know everything goes through him.

Son & Kane are nailed on starters in this team. Period. They’re two ridiculous, irreplaceable players who can get 20+ goals 10+ assists in the league in a good season. Nobody is dropping either of them.

Yeah managers aren’t reactionary like you and don’t drop players based on a month or so of better form. Teams double up on Kane and plan for stopping him because they know everything goes through him.

Son & Kane are nailed on starters in this team. Period. They’re two ridiculous, irreplaceable players who can get 20+ goals 10+ assists in the league in a good season. Nobody is dropping either of them.
I don’t know mate, I think if Conte had a choice, he’d give Kane 20-30 minutes off here and there. The fact that he plays 90 every game whether we are up 3 or 4-0 is very suspicious. I’d say there’s a clause in Kane’s contract that doesn’t allow the manager to ever take him off barring injury.

I don’t know mate, I think if Conte had a choice, he’d give Kane 20-30 minutes off here and there. The fact that he plays 90 every game whether we are up 3 or 4-0 is very suspicious. I’d say there’s a clause in Kane’s contract that doesn’t allow the manager to ever take him off barring injury.

I think it’s just because he’s the only natural CF and Conte likes playing through him. If/when we get another striker we’ll maybe see him rested more. He took him off vs Palace earlier in the season.

(I was surprised he took Son off instead vs Woolwich though. Can understand why he was annoyed at that.)

Back
Top Bottom