Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The smart, long term, not short term penny pinching decision is:

Loan him again next season, knowing you might pay a premium after.

Use the saved cash flow this season to beef up the squad even more.

Reap the rewards of a talented squad competing on all fronts and use that to pay for Kulu and more the season after.

if he is our long term rw we need a better option there, hardly any teams use slow wingers these days
I disagree. Though maybe not as much of a "runner" on the break, on the contrary I think Kulu has the ideal skills to break down a packed box- inside cutting, tight feet, good size, dual-footed, good curl, hard shot, good vision, good passing, and willingness to pass. That we're not finding ways to best use him right now is frustrating. Besides, in this formation it should be the RWB providing wide overlapping runs- Kulu's "shortcomings" as a "runner" should be minimized.

There's a lot of ways to succeed at football. I don't think it's his "lack of pace" that is holding us back as a club right now.

Antonio Conte
"When I was coaching Inter I tried to catch him, but Juventus moved earlier. We are talking about a player who is only 22 years old. Kulusevski has to keep playing like this, he is physically strong and he is good technically. I think that for Tottenham it is a great purchase for the present and for the future, let's talk about a really strong one ".

...sounds like a plan as good as any other. And since it seems a couple of those moves will be instigated by the respectively named parties the club won't have to do too much.

And what's wrong with saying we shouldn't buy him after a couple games when there were tons o' meatheads out here saying we should buy him after a couple games. We at least have the benefit of being right and the evidence will continue to build. Just pay attention.

Or are you suggesting we do the same thing next season and expect a different result to the one we've gotten the last 3 seasons? Hey, it's taken ManU 10 years of mediocrity to finally acknowledge and accept the fact that they need a full rebuild and that was after the success of Fergie. So you got time to get there.

not safe for work no GIF

liked a fresh kulu where he knows he only got half hour, was far more aggressive in his play and wanted to do damage every time he had the ball rather than play a bit more conservative as he knows hes probably got to last 90 mins.

Joint 6th for most assists in the league with 8. He’s only played 14 games, if he kept that ratio up over the whole season he would be ahead of everyone. People claiming we shouldn’t sign him don’t understand football. He isn’t even expensive!

Is he good again? I know how fickle some of you lot are.
Don't worry, we're just a loss against (potentially) the best team in the world away from apparently needing to sell him.
:king:

Was superb off the bench today. Leicester was partly responsible for that as they gave us plenty of space to play with, but I also think it's no bad thing for a player to realise they can be benched to light a fire up their arse.

Joint 6th for most assists in the league with 8. He’s only played 14 games, if he kept that ratio up over the whole season he would be ahead of everyone. People claiming we shouldn’t sign him don’t understand football. He isn’t even expensive!

Hell, if you translate those numbers across a whole season it would be 21.7 assists (the PL record being 20).

The guy is 22 years old, in a new country, new league. What was De Bruyne doing at that age, same with Salah, Mane, Grealish, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez

I think everyone needs to give him time, he has shown some decent ability imo.

liked a fresh kulu where he knows he only got half hour, was far more aggressive in his play and wanted to do damage every time he had the ball rather than play a bit more conservative as he knows hes probably got to last 90 mins.
Imagine bale,kulu and eriksen coming off the bench with 25 mins to go.

With 5 subs next season this could be one of the tactics to bulldoze through the lesser teams

Back
Top Bottom