Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The line on all our players linked is "if they don't win trophies now Spurs will lose their players". Funny logic given the club linked with buying these players will definitely not win a trophy this year and might not qualify for CL.

No, but their recent history suggests they will continue to compete in these competitions. Plus the amount of money they are offered.

I do think its a bit more than that when it comes to Spurs though. Those on the outside won't know what Poch is like and what he's promised so it will fall on deaf ears.

Problem we have of course, if targets dont speak to Poch then all they see is a team that'll fight for top four, notorious for not offering high wages and fail in the cups. Pochettino needs to be involved in all transfers in future. He's like a damn cult leader to these guys.

And we won't continue to complete?

I edited the post but in terms of players looking from the outside, who knows? We are about to leave a place that's caused us to compete this season. We are moving to Wembley where we have horrible form. We haven't won a major trophy for 26 years etc.

Where as those clubs our players are linked with or other players we could be after are interested in are alot richer than us, willing to spend and have all won major honours or have richer history.

I edited the post but in terms of players looking from the outside, who knows? We are about to leave a place that's caused us to compete this season. We are moving to Wembley where we have horrible form. We haven't won a major trophy for 26 years etc.

Where as those clubs our players are linked with or other players we could be after are interested in are alot richer than us, willing to spend and have all won major honours or have richer history.
We are the undisputed 2nd best club (best club over past 2 seasons combined) in the league. We are the most attractive club to be at and the most likely to compete for trophies and league championship.

We are the undisputed 2nd best club (best club over past 2 seasons combined) in the league. We are the most attractive club to be at and the most likely to compete for trophies and league championship.

And why aren't the other clubs who are going to just spend spend spend? Man Utd may finish 5th yet win two trophies this season and be in the Champions League.

To add to that, they are the biggest club in the country. They would still be a bigger pulling club then we are. Regardless of finishing second and winning fuck all.

I have a hard time believing two of our best seasons in 30 years without nothing to show for it is a reason why top top talent would want to come.

Though it's simply why Pochettino needs to deal with transfers ahead of anyone else. He can convince alot of people and even Isco, who will probably sign a new Madrid deal was tempted.

And why aren't the other clubs who are going to just spend spend spend? Man Utd may finish 5th yet win two trophies this season and be in the Champions League.

To add to that, they are the biggest club in the country. They would still be a bigger pulling club then we are. Regardless of finishing second and winning fuck all.

I have a hard time believing two of our best seasons in 30 years without nothing to show for it is a reason why top top talent would want to come.

Though it's simply why Pochettino needs to deal with transfers ahead of anyone else. He can convince alot of people and even Isco, who will probably sign a new Madrid deal was tempted.

We dont need new top talent, we need to keep our own and keep building and growing as a squad.

I wouldnt care less if we signed no one, but had an injury free season next year.

We dont need new top talent, we need to keep our own and keep building and growing as a squad.

I wouldnt care less if we signed no one, but had an injury free season next year.

I think we'd all take that.

Do think we are a signing away from winning the league though. Douglas Costa would be a real statement, but that's just more media bullshit.

100% this!
Although we have to acknowledge what has got us to where we are now. It has been very astute player trading (yes a couple of fuck-ups) and having now finally found a top class manager that has also been made I'd say our most powerful manager (most trusted).

We might well sell a first team player this season but we know if this happened it would be for figures nudging world record fees or way over the odds for the player. If it was only one player we lost I wouldn't give much of a shit, we are not a one man team. For instance if Hugo left (I love him) I wouldn't be spitting bile, as I think Vorm is a fantastic keeper, he is actually better than Lloris with his feet and distribution (given the fact the majority of the time we have the ball and are playing out from the back, happy days). I don't think we will lose anyone we don't want to this summer, after that if we lost one player per season for three years and kept Poch I've no issue with this too. Idealy we would want to trade our players that are fringe like we have done recently Mason, Carroll, Kaboul, Hudd, Lennon etc. but other than Bentaleb I don't see much money coming in from the current fringe players.

We are about to leave a place that's caused us to compete this season.

Behave.

If the current incarnation of WHL is all that has made us successful then what the fuck where we doing for the last 20 years? And why the fuck would everyone want our manager and players?.....Surely they'll all be shit if they have to play at another stadium......

Behave.

If the current incarnation of WHL is all that has made us successful then what the fuck where we doing for the last 20 years? And why the fuck would everyone want our manager and players?.....Surely they'll all be shit if they have to play at another stadium......

Don't think our home form has ever been this good in the last 20 years.

SO.......it's not just down to the Stadium then

Well, it is. We are clearly more comfortable playing here and this season we've turned it up a level. Without that, we wouldn't be competing this year.

You take that away from us next season and we stuck playing in a stadium where we have 1 win in the last 8 games? And an away record that's not the greatest.

Well, it is. We are clearly more comfortable playing here and this season we've turned it up a level. Without that, we wouldn't be competing this year.

You take that away from us next season and we stuck playing in a stadium where we have 1 win in the last 8 games? And an away record that's not the greatest.

FFS - the one constant during our time from being utterly shite and nearly relegated to now being good is the Stadium. Everything else has changed over the years, the owners, the manager, the players, even the fans.

We are doing well because our players and manager are good - WHL hasn't suddenly got 'better'.

I think WHL has become a fortress because the lack of a North East corner has completely confused the oppo. It's imbalanced, the acoustics are all over the place, the wind coming through the gap plays havoc with them defending corners.

Is it too late to get planning permission for the new Stadium to have that same hole? You know, Mind the Gap!!!!

:levystare:

FFS - the one constant during our time from being utterly shite and nearly relegated to now being good is the Stadium. Everything else has changed over the years, the owners, the manager, the players, even the fans.

We are doing well because our players and manager are good - WHL hasn't suddenly got 'better'.

Oh, that simple then. Should win the league next year at a canter.

Back
Top Bottom