Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's annoying that he gets targeted and hacked down in every game, but no one mentions it because he has this reputation of being a bit of a devil or whatever the fuck, so the narrative is always against him. But I bet you anything if he played for ManU or Pool the media wouldn't say a single fucking bad thing about him, they'd celebrate his every move.

It's annoying that he gets targeted and hacked down in every game, but no one mentions it because he has this reputation of being a bit of a devil or whatever the fuck, so the narrative is always against him. But I bet you anything if he played for ManU or Pool the media wouldn't say a single fucking bad thing about him, they'd celebrate his every move.

Small sample size, but going off todays game especially, it seems like he has figured out how to use his utterly arrogant shittiness (and I use that term with all the love in the world) to really get in the heads of the opposition. He wound them all up, got Dr. Evil sent off, and continued being a bastard. The nonchalant stepover in the latter stage of the game that pissed off Lascelles or whoever it was was a thing of beauty.

He's gonna the shit kicked out of him but if he can continue to keep his head and let his feet to the talking he's going to be the least favourite player for 19 sets of supporters this season, and I fucking love it.

Love Dele.

He is a cunt and I love it. We needed a bit of mean player like him for a long time since we have been to soft at times. Would absolutely hate him if he played for someone else, the hate he is getting from rival fans is amazing.

If he can keep clear of blatant diving, unnecessary red or yellow cards and let his football do the talking then I'm okay with him being a cunt I guess.

Was just looking at our rankings for most premier league goals, and Dele has now scored 29 goals in 64 league games for us. He is now only one goal away from Jurgen Klinsmann's league goal tally of 30 with us, in only about 8 more games. He has also now got more goals in the league than Berbatov scored for us, in less games which is ridiculous considering his position. Other players he has already surpassed include Lennon, VDV, Poyet, Ginola and Crouch. He may even catch Bale buy the end of the season too (he scored 42). Also we can probably expect Kane to break 100 goals this season and take out our Premier League scoring record.

This is what makes him so dangerous! His off the ball movement is phenomenal. He never stops moving and anticipates where the ball is going to drop and is ready to challenge for it. The classic example was the goal he scored against Woolwich last season, when Eriksen shot at Cech, everyone in the Woolwich defence was ball watching, waiting to see what happens, but only Dele moved in trying to get the rebound.

This is what makes him so dangerous! His off the ball movement is phenomenal. He never stops moving and anticipates where the ball is going to drop and is ready to challenge for it. The classic example was the goal he scored against Woolwich last season, when Eriksen shot at Cech, everyone in the Woolwich defence was ball watching, waiting to see what happens, but only Dele moved in trying to get the rebound.
Same for his equaliser at Swansea. As Eriksen was lining up the shot Dele was already on the move in case it went across goal or was parried or deflected into his direction. His anticipation and movement is genuinely world class. There's not another player in the league that comes to close to his ability in these areas and Muller is probably the only person world wide that is better in this respect.

Same for his equaliser at Swansea. As Eriksen was lining up the shot Dele was already on the move in case it went across goal or was parried or deflected into his direction. His anticipation and movement is genuinely world class. There's not another player in the league that comes to close to his ability in these areas and Muller is probably the only person world wide that is better in this respect.
Exactly! How he anticipates is a mystery, but he does it so well and that's the difference between a good player and a world class player! You can't train that into players. Dele is such an incredible talent.

Back
Top Bottom