Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100% spit on fella, personally I don’t even think it’s a foul, trying to block the ball not even tackle. Why no outrage at the Burnley player with his part in it? (Personally I don’t have an issue with Burnley player but surely those that have an issue with Dele would also have an issue with him too??!!)

But it’s cunts like this that are driving an agenda.........

Agree with this no one seems to be calling out the Burnley player and he’s going studs in with intent. Whereas Alli had let the ball get away from him and ended up blocking more than anything. When I initially saw it I wondered why Oliver had blown in Burnley’s favour. Not liking this negative agenda in the media against young Dele, it’s a little unsavoury, especially if he has a decent WC and they’ll suddenly be signing his praises.

Agree with this no one seems to be calling out the Burnley player and he’s going studs in with intent. Whereas Alli had let the ball get away from him and ended up blocking more than anything. When I initially saw it I wondered why Oliver had blown in Burnley’s favour. Not liking this negative agenda in the media against young Dele, it’s a little unsavoury, especially if he has a decent WC and they’ll suddenly be signing his praises.
More than anything else it’s the language, not just here but all strong challenges today are described as “horrendous”, “reckless” etc. Then demand the player to be killed, strung up, lashed and hog-tied. Not sure what has brought about such rage, my guess is people saying it have never played football in their lives. I’d bet the bloke tweeting above has never played football ever, just a quick look at his profile suggests this. Absolutely fucking up the game.

It’s very rare someone suffers serious injury from a tackle, even rarer if the tackle was deliberately made to cause injury.

With Dele what worries me is even some of our own fans have bought into the narrative, when truth is he has been sent off once in his career with us and sly punched a player, how the fuck that translates into this reckless player lord only knows.

Long stuck his leg out and impeded Ali how clear cut can you get. Those Spammers don't need binoculars they need bi-focals, stupids pricks!
West Ham fans can be excused for making it up - they aren't used to being able to actually see what the players are doing.

658502.jpg

:allitongue:

Hadn't seen multiple replays of the Dele challenge which every fucker seems to think was reckless and lucky to still be on the pitch in the Burnley game, but seeing it in this thread I've got to say thats the biggest load of shite i've heard in ages. Centre backs put in challenges like that on the regular and they're not even yellows most of the time. It's only because he had a long run-up that people are kicking off - the challenge itself is nothing.

Agenda for sure.

Hadn't seen multiple replays of the Dele challenge which every fucker seems to think was reckless and lucky to still be on the pitch in the Burnley game, but seeing it in this thread I've got to say thats the biggest load of shite i've heard in ages. Centre backs put in challenges like that on the regular and they're not even yellows most of the time. It's only because he had a long run-up that people are kicking off - the challenge itself is nothing.

Agenda for sure.

Dele made no contact with their player and it wasn't even a yellow and barely a free kick.

Same cunts that are happy to invite the likes Roy Keane into the studio as a pundit. Someone who intentionally ended a players career and got away scott free and even got managers jobs. Nice

Agenda for sure.
Both players went in for it, people need to pipe the fuck down

Dele who is supposed to be having a bad season in the premier league is only 2 goals and 2 assists behind nailed on player of the year De Bruyne.

Obviously De Bruyne's all round performences have been superb, hence the plaudits.

But I guess it just shows you how quickly things can change in football. He's had an excellent couple of games, good on him.

Its so lovely to see him back to his best. He might not have celebrated that goal but you could see he was enjoying himself out there, and that is the key to everything.
I admit I did think perhaps he needed a break for a couple of games but I was very wrong. Even when off form he does contribute assists and some goals, but when he plays like that he is almost unplayagainstable. Real classy player.
Its fucking silly how young he is, easy to forget when he is murdering teams for fun, you can start to expect fire like that all the time. What a goal as well, I would to see him trying that more often as he clearly has the ability.

Does it actually say why? Hate that site, the ads make it unreadable if your internet isn't super fast.
"Pochettino will often give you the answer you least expect. When Dele Alli's displays have dipped this season, he's sought to praise and protect the 20-year-old.

However, with improved performances in the last games, including a goal and two assists against Southampton, you'd expect bountiful compliments from his manager. That wasn't exactly the case.

"I am so happy that he scored and helped the team, but we are going to push and we expect more from him," said Pochettino. "We are going to push him to be better and better. It's true that in the last few games, he's been doing better but I think he can do better."

Alli was excellent on the day. He was involved in everything and looked every bit the player of the last two seasons, with movement, energy and quick thinking.

His passes to Son and Kane for their goals were clever and his low curling finish to get on the scoresheet himself was inch-perfect.

As he did against Burnley at Wembley earlier in the season, Alli did not celebrate his goal. The only time a smile betrayed him was when Son charged at him.

The midfielder has celebrated other goals in between, although only one of them came in the Premier League - against Liverpool, again at Wembley.

Perhaps it was a reaction to the media repeatedly pointing out that he's not hit the heights of his first two campaigns at Spurs or maybe it was a message to the fans who had called for him to be dropped in recent months.

Either way nobody held it against him and when he departed the action in the final minutes, he did so to a standing ovation from the Wembley crowd.

Alli is still so young, and he'll have plenty of dips in form, but there's little doubt he has the potential to be one of the world's best if he works hard enough to fulfil it. He only has to look across at Kane to know that method works."

So, all those moaning cunts who've got on his back need to back the lad or risk turning him into another Rose.

Back
Top Bottom