Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The goal against Southampton, the execution is on par with Kanes ability which clearly demonstrates Allis talent .
<snip>

I feel this season, he is a marked man and his reputation has gone before him. Where Alli can self destruct on occasion, other professionals I feel are envious of him, jealousy is clear and many would want to slap him down a peg. As he matures he will become a quality player, he just needs to believe this and keep working hard and not let other get him down .

He is at a great club to allow him to blossom and a great coach who will nurture him.

Ta-dah!

Funny how his best moments have been when he pulls off stuff that when it doesn't come off people moan.

Beats Casemiro twice to score, beats Ramos to assist Eriksen, skins 2 Dortmund players to get a key assist, audacious volley to take the game away from Liverpool, recieving the ball with his back to goal turning and splitting the defence with a pass to Son who assisted Kane against Soton etc.

But when those things don't come off it's all "FFS he needs to keep it simple. He tries too much. Drop him!"

Same people who moan we move the ball slowly, pass backwards and sideways and don't attempt to beat players.
I'll own up to groaning in the moment when Alli fails with one of his more ambitious attempts. But I'll readily admit that I like that he keeps trying. As others have said he keeps grinding at it and it will pay off. It shows what confidence he has in his own ability that he thinks he can pull it off for starters.

And I like players that give and take. Shows that they are still human

You lot think writing our views on here actually affects a player...? Do you think your "support" on a forum makes some kind of difference? It has as much bearing as pissing into the Atlantic.

“When your own fans start disliking you then it changes and you think about it a bit more.” Quote from the man himself......

People don’t learn. Rose still remembers the shit he got from his own fans. Dele is aware of the recent hate from us.

I'll own up to groaning in the moment when Alli fails with one of his more ambitious attempts. But I'll readily admit that I like that he keeps trying. As others have said he keeps grinding at it and it will pay off. It shows what confidence he has in his own ability that he thinks he can pull it off for starters.

And I like players that give and take. Shows that they are still human

Well maybe he should get off twitter and instagram.

And I've never said a single thing to make people think I dislike him. Ive said he was poor when he was poor and excellent when he was excellent.

The majority of Spurs fans have backed him and sung his name all season. You only have to look on here to see the overwhelming reaction to people who criticise him.

If people think Dele is aware of the "hate" he's getting in TFC, well for one, there is no hatred, just critique, and secondly those people are vastly outnumbered by those supporting him.

Last edited:
When the scum's best player (the dog shagger) has scored 9 goals this season, against our shit midfielder who's having a mare is also on 9 goal.
tumblr_ovryxxr4zW1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

He's the most hated player in the league - and it's so enjoyable.

Scapegoat come the summer though when England bow out of the World Cup.

I think his quality fluctuates a-lot.

But hate from our own fans? Where does that even come from? In our own ground? Who are these people? Are anyone trying to get them ejected for abuse? I know I would

I think his quality fluctuates a-lot.

But hate from our own fans? Where does that even come from? In our own ground? Who are these people? Are anyone trying to get them ejected for abuse? I know I would
I haven't heard anything in the stadium mate. Just entitled Twitterati and warriors of the digital realm getting on the back of one of the best players we have had grace the team in years... who has had his first dip in form since signing for us... at the ripe old age of Twenty Two. That's 22... Two Twos. Alli has fucking dared have half a mediocre season at 22 years old... fucking bin him.

Who's the cunt who said Loftus-cheek was more talented a while back. name and shame
Loftus-Cheek and Barkley are much better natural talents than Dele is, whereas Alli strikes me as Thomas
Muller-type ‘limited’ but somehow effective footballer.

He’s allowed the hype to go to his head, with the endorsements and hyperbolic praise he got. For me, it’s time to cash in while his value is at its peak.

I suspect he’s going to United, based on the fact he’s now friends with ‘Agent P’ Pogba via Adidas, who’d no doubt enjoy having another of their hip young poster boys at one of their clubs. Woodward would value his marketability over football ability, as always, and probably be willing to spend circa £150m to get hold of him.

For me, that could be recycled to improve the squad significantly - Barkley, Pulisic, Zaha would all provide currently-lacking width and penetration to the attacking third - while Jose would probably be willing to throw Martial into the deal, another player of huge potential who’d eclipse Alli’s importance to the team.

It’s time to go full-Atletico, and cash in on some stars of this first phase of development for the benefit of the project longer term: Rose can go to be replaced by Sessegnon, Shaw or Tierney, Alderweireld won’t be renewing and looks to be picking up a few injuries so may aswell be sold before the start of the next season, and Alli has potentially lost focus and his languid attitude could be detrimental to the rest of the squad.

Back
Top Bottom