Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No way should we sell him.

Even if he doesn't improve, he's a guy that's good to have in the team. Think how much a replacement would cost!

From the reaction of a general football forum I go on, I get the sense that for a lot of neutrals they were actually celebrating another example of Dele being a massive cheating bastard and so didn't give the incident as much analysis as it needed. Just labelled it as an obvious dive and proceeded to bang on for ages about how terrible he is.

He seems to have acquired something of a reputation.

From the reaction of a general football forum I go on, I get the sense that for a lot of neutrals they were actually celebrating another example of Dele being a massive cheating bastard and so didn't give the incident as much analysis as it needed. Just labelled it as an obvious dive and proceeded to bang on for ages about how terrible he is.

He seems to have acquired something of a reputation.
Standard. World Cup year? Decent players? Let’s get on their backs and undermine them so that when they don’t perform, we have a good opportunity to get on their backs and undermine them...

We can’t always have been a nation of moaning gits as we wouldn’t have achieved so much. Changed somewhere along the way

Love him. Love him even more that the rest of the world hates him.

:allitongue:

Yeah, they really do. Apparently attempting nutmegs against lower league opposition is disrespectful and for that he deserves to be 'broken in two'.

Ffs, that's how he plays in ever game! I remember him praised for doing similar against Can when we played against Germany. Some people need to get a grip.

Yeah, they really do. Apparently attempting nutmegs against lower league opposition is disrespectful and for that he deserves to be 'broken in two'.

Ffs, that's how he plays in ever game! I remember him praised for doing similar against Can when we played against Germany. Some people need to get a grip.
But it's OK when George Best did it. There are some fucking kill joys around, they must hate football so much.

The best thing was that Dele still went down for the pen yesterday, he doesn't give two fucks what the World says about him, love this character, strong and will do anything for his team.

Fuck me, there are some bell-ends around who live to shit on Tottenham Hotspur. There's no doubt it was a penalty and not a hint of a dive. I have no idea what some of these cunts are watching half the time. Fuck 'em, they should find another sport to ruin.

He does go down easy, see the Liverpool game, but the fact anyone could say it was a dive yesterday is spitting pure hatred.

Not one cunt bats an eyelid if he does that in a world Cup final.

He does go down easy, see the Liverpool game, but the fact anyone could say it was a dive yesterday is spitting pure hatred.

Not one cunt bats an eyelid if he does that in a world Cup final.
Rochdale's manager said something similar.

Dele Alli: Tottenham midfielder's penalty success praised by Rochdale boss

"I won't hold it against him and if he does it for England in the summer and we win the World Cup, I will certainly be supporting him," Hill said.

"I'm led to believe he's looking for it but we get too involved in controversy."

But, speaking on BBC One after the game, former Newcastle striker Alan Shearer and ex-Spurs midfielder Jermaine Jenas believed Madley made the right decision.

And Hill said he backed Alli, or any of his own players, to make the most of challenges in the penalty area.

"If a centre-forward or midfield player feels as though there is a penalty opportunity to be gained - brilliant," said Hill, 48.

"Whether it is Dele Alli, Steve Davies, Ian Henderson, Andy Cannon, it doesn't really matter."

But it's OK when George Best did it. There are some fucking kill joys around, they must hate football so much.

The best thing was that Dele still went down for the pen yesterday, he doesn't give two fucks what the World says about him, love this character, strong and will do anything for his team.

He is the pantomime villain, and I think he thrives off this as well, when he gets booed he ups his game, and for once, one of the most hated players in the PL plays for spurs, and you know what, I fucking love it! he may be a cunt at times, but as long as he is our cuntits all good! :allitongue:

Imagine wanting to sell a 21-year-old who's not having the best of seasons by his standards (still having a good one). Young players will always be inconsistent, he's an amazing player and we're lucky to have him

Rochdale's manager said something similar.

Dele Alli: Tottenham midfielder's penalty success praised by Rochdale boss

"I won't hold it against him and if he does it for England in the summer and we win the World Cup, I will certainly be supporting him," Hill said.

"I'm led to believe he's looking for it but we get too involved in controversy."

But, speaking on BBC One after the game, former Newcastle striker Alan Shearer and ex-Spurs midfielder Jermaine Jenas believed Madley made the right decision.

And Hill said he backed Alli, or any of his own players, to make the most of challenges in the penalty area.

"If a centre-forward or midfield player feels as though there is a penalty opportunity to be gained - brilliant," said Hill, 48.

"Whether it is Dele Alli, Steve Davies, Ian Henderson, Andy Cannon, it doesn't really matter."
You know what would be hilarious;
If, during a World Cup match (let's just say the Semi-Final against Germany if we're being hypothetical) Dele Alli 'earns' a disputed last minute penalty for Engerlund. . Then gets up, speaks to the ref and gets it chalked off 'cos he's learned his lesson from the dogs abuse he got all season every time someone hacked him down...
Let's see how the good ol'British media deal with THAT level of honesty...

Over here, fans of Liverpool and Woolwich are gonna cheer against England in the WC just because they have a lot of Spurs players. Miserable cunts.
To be fair... there have been a few World Cups/Euros down the years where I've had to wash myself down after celebrating an England goal... due to the sheer number of Gooners involved!

Back
Top Bottom