Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tough night for Dele in Italy. Too many giveaways and doesn't seem to have a plan B in any of this take on situations where his lack of form is glaring. Give him a rest and role with Lamela in that role over a few games who was class tonight while having Son occupy the wing.

Tough night for Dele in Italy. Too many giveaways and doesn't seem to have a plan B in any of this take on situations where his lack of form is glaring. Give him a rest and role with Lamela in that role over a few games who was class tonight while having Son occupy the wing.

He was fine. Very feisty in the midfield.

Assisted on Kane's goal and drew the foul that led to Eriksen's free kick

He was fine. Very feisty in the midfield.

Assisted on Kane's goal and drew the foul that led to Eriksen's free kick

This, this, this, this, this.

Assisted the first. Won the free kick for the second. Pivotal in both our goals. He is influential even when not at his best. (Good teams win playing poorly, same should be said for players)

Gets a lot of stick from a few on here, but the truth of the matter is that he is vital to our team.

Also remember... the lad is practically still steaming with placenta (picture it, if you must).

he's had so poor matches in the first half of the season, but the standard he has set is high to maintain
second half of the season he is playing well, maybe not 10/10, but steady 8.5/10

Strongly disagree. I thought he was excellent.

Obviously two decisive contributions for our goals, but he ran himself into the ground, along with Lamela was instrumental in pressuring them into mistakes, and he was good on the ball.

It's been said so often, but his greatest strength is his movement and that was on show again. He had the Juve defensive midfield and defence in knots. They had a torrid time trying to track both him and Eriksen between the lines.

Wow! He was one of our stand out performers, Juve couldn't cope with his running, he pulled their defence all over the shop. Seriously mate, stick to fat blokes in tights game, you get time to break down each play every 4 seconds.

By having him on the pitch, it occupies defenders and then other players have more space. It's a team game, and sometimes a player needs to do more off the ball to influence the game. Look at Kane, does he have a bad game everytime he doesn't score? No, because sometimes he has 3 or 4 defenders on him, which makes space for the other players to step in and get the goals.

And he got one direct assist and won the freekick for the equaliser. If he'd managed to keep the header down and on target, he could have got a goal himself. Not sure what more he should be doing.

Spurs may sell 'replaceable' Alli in summer - Jenas - Football365

Jenas has obvious inside knowledge about our club, and I respect his opinion so wouldnt be totally surprised if this happens.
I would much rather have Dele next season, and see his resurgence continue, but right now, out of all our AMs for me personally I'd miss him the least.

You would.

Ffs, the lad is potentially world class and every club in England would love to have him plus a few of the big guns overseas.

Sell him and Toby this summer and all our good work will be for nothing.

You would.

Ffs, the lad is potentially world class and every club in England would love to have him plus a few of the big guns overseas.

Sell him and Toby this summer and all our good work will be for nothing.

Heard all the same regarding Walker....where was Toby against Juve, Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich? He limped off after 20 minutes v Real and we battered them.
They are two great players, and I dont want either sold....I hadntt even mentioned Toby, but as I point out, the team roles on.

Maybe Moura will make us forget about Dele within two games, who knows. Potential means little when its based on the past.....he was looking potentially world class last season and the one before. This season has been a step back.

I would love for him to step up, but simply saying that right now, Eriksen, Son and Lamela are playing at insanely high levels. Dele is having impacts in games, but for me if someone from that attacking mids is to leave, Id be least worried if it was him.
Eriksen is world class, Son is the best utility player in the PL and worth 20 goals, and Lamela is leader, a fighter plays like he will die for the shirt.

Its not an attack on Dele, just discussing Jenas comments.

Heard all the same regarding Walker....where was Toby against Juve, Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich? He limped off after 20 minutes v Real and we battered them.
They are two great players, and I dont want either sold....I hadntt even mentioned Toby, but as I point out, the team roles on.

Maybe Moura will make us forget about Dele within two games, who knows. Potential means little when its based on the past.....he was looking potentially world class last season and the one before. This season has been a step back.

I would love for him to step up, but simply saying that right now, Eriksen, Son and Lamela are playing at insanely high levels. Dele is having impacts in games, but for me if someone from that attacking mids is to leave, Id be least worried if it was him.
Eriksen is world class, Son is the best utility player in the PL and worth 20 goals, and Lamela is leader, a fighter plays like he will die for the shirt.

Its not an attack on Dele, just discussing Jenas comments.

I'd rather sell Lamela and keep Dele and so far all Moura has done is to come on with ten minutes to go.

I think the club would be utterly daft to sell Dele this summer especially to a club in England.

Spurs may sell 'replaceable' Alli in summer - Jenas - Football365

Jenas has obvious inside knowledge about our club, and I respect his opinion so wouldnt be totally surprised if this happens.
I would much rather have Dele next season, and see his resurgence continue, but right now, out of all our AMs for me personally I'd miss him the least.
He also backed Rose after The Sun interview, has just written for GQ saying Kane will go as well a Alderweireld. I think there is an unwritten code with ex-footballers to continually push the higher salary thing, probably to make them feel better about the wages they stole.

Dele ain't getting sold. No chance
Between Dele and Kane, we have the two most marketable young English players currently playing in the game (no one likes Sterling, Lingard is unsufferable, and Rashford is misfiring).

Not to mention that their understanding gets better and better as time goes on (something I'm sure they're looking to take to the World Cup)

Levy's shrewd enough to know that both are assets to keep at all costs. Even though I love Toby I do find myself agreeing with some of the recent points in his thread - there is a rationale for why selling him now (at peak value and if he's aching to go) could make sense. Dele no.

Between Dele and Kane, we have the two most marketable young English players currently playing in the game (no one likes Sterling, Lingard is unsufferable, and Rashford is misfiring).

Not to mention that their understanding gets better and better as time goes on (something I'm sure they're looking to take to the World Cup)

Levy's shrewd enough to know that both are assets to keep at all costs. Even though I love Toby I do find myself agreeing with some of the recent points in his thread - there is a rationale for why selling him now (at peak value and if he's aching to go) could make sense. Dele no.

Dele will stay a Spurs player. Toby I'm not so sure about and if we were to get £60m for him that's good business for a 29 year old. People also forget that we've just come through games vs Man U, Woolwich, Liverpool and Juve without him, I doubt we would have got the same without Kane, Dele, Dembele or Eriksen who are now far more important for our first eleven.

I love Toby but he is the most sellable asset we have at the moment, alongside Rose due to his contract situ and I trust our recruitment more than I ever have these days. Trust in Poch, trust in Levy

I'd rather sell Lamela and keep Dele and so far all Moura has done is to come on with ten minutes to go.

I think the club would be utterly daft to sell Dele this summer especially to a club in England.
It’s frightening to think what he’ll be like by the time he gets to mid twenties... I can’t understand anyone that wants (or would be happy enough) to see him leave.

Please don't sell any!
the majority of them really are just young kids/men and the maturity they have showed this year means they are learning from their mistakes of last year. They are growing together and in this world of overpaid mercenaries, I'm so proud the Spurs/Poch ethos offers a very different slant.
It's evolving, Tuesday proved that. As did Real and Dortmund (and the previous run of games up to Juve).

I just wonder if we do just smash CL, is Levy going to have to get the wallet out for everyone?

Back
Top Bottom