Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was about to say you must be new here but you joined in 2013...

:chadliwtf:
I try not to pay attention to the squabbling. Just like talking about the yids with other reasonably informed spurs fans. This forum seems to be the least full of negative fuckwits droning on about Harry or Levy.

Oh and you can throw the word cunt around as much as you want without people getting offended.

Don't expect this to a popular post and i'm not one to get on young players backs but i thought Deli Alli was absolutely woeful for large parts of that match last night and so much broke down when the ball went to him , can see there is talent and potential within him but i really don't get the waxing about last nights showing apart from a couple of moments he was awful !
I guess what you are trying to put forward is, when he has, a match winning performance them we can cream?
At the moment its in patches, he shows moments of brilliance and sometimes naivety. He's showing skills that Ive not seen for a very long time, quick feet and awarness of others. He looks a good player, he just needs to keep developing without losing confidence, then he will be an all rounded top quality player. The team needs to improve also to get the best out of him.

'Allí bomaye' - 'Allí bomaye'

Not sure where this fits in, meaning 'Alli kill him' just sounds good.

I guess what you are trying to put forward is, when he has, a match winning performance them we can cream?
At the moment its in patches, he shows moments of brilliance and sometimes naivety. He's showing skills that Ive not seen for a very long time, quick feet and awarness of others. He looks a good player, he just needs to keep developing without losing confidence, then he will be an all rounded top quality player. The team needs to improve also to get the best out of him.

'Allí bomaye' - 'Allí bomaye'

Not sure where this fits in, meaning 'Alli kill him' just sounds good.

No what I am saying is I feel he had a bad game last night and im surprised at how much hype people are building off the back of it.

For me, he was excellent yesterday. Good first touch, every time he got the ball he looked to move the game on, and was very proactive with it, and was at the heart of everything that was good yesterday.

He always seems to be on the same wave length as the players around him. The ball never stays with him, it just flows from him to the next player and back again, which is pretty remarkable. Never any stutter or hesitation or wondering what to do with the ball.

For all his technical strengths, and there are many, his mental strengths are insane.

No what I am saying is I feel he had a bad game last night and im surprised at how much hype people are building off the back of it.
Its hard to judge good or bad for me, when we haven't seen Alli over a period of time. I agree with you about hype post match with some players. There is always an over reaction with players as Alli. Then ironically, he can only fail.

The problem with your argument mate is that he didn't have a bad game last night. He was most definitely the best player on the pitch, closely followed by Son. Entitled to your opinion but the consensus says it all....

He always seems to be on the same wave length as the players around him. The ball never stays with him, it just flows from him to the next player and back again, which is pretty remarkable. Never any stutter or hesitation or wondering what to do with the ball.

For all his technical strengths, and there are many, his mental strengths are insane.
I was also impressed with his post match interview very composed articulate young man. Jesus when I was 19 I was a complete spastic.

Sounded like a young Lampard. Meant as a compliment.

The problem with your argument mate is that he didn't have a bad game last night. He was most definitely the best player on the pitch, closely followed by Son. Entitled to your opinion but the consensus says it all....

The consensus probably does say it all but i thought Son was the best player by a million trillion miles last night and everyone else was very hit and miss. I haven't seen much from Alli to suggest he should be a starter in the last two games , i prefer him in a cameo role.

The consensus probably does say it all but i thought Son was the best player by a million trillion miles last night and everyone else was very hit and miss. I haven't seen much from Alli to suggest he should be a starter in the last two games , i prefer him in a cameo role.
Then you are watching Son with rose-tinted glasses and watching Alli like a Woolwich fan, because that was definitely not the case.

I think the reason we started with the team we started with last night, was to give the vast majority of Sundays' team a full week off...
Doubt we'll see Alli, Son and Lamela all start on Sunday, maybe one of them perhaps... (Alli?? ...Lamela?)

You imagine Son will start, would be silly to sit him on the bench when he cost as much as he did and he just scored two goals. Alli would make sense to start as well, seeing as he's seemingly growing into his role more and more by the game.

Very tidy player, lots of power, very intelligent and looks/talks like an experienced player already. I'm trying not to go OTT in my expectations for him but he seems to possess the mental qualities to succeed at Tottenham and this is a club where you need to have a strong head on your shoulders.

The only thing i saw that made me a bit anxious is a lot of sideways passing again, i'm starting to think that that a lot of our passing choices have more to do with the managers at the club than the players.

I was also impressed with his post match interview very composed articulate young man. Jesus when I was 19 I was a complete spastic.

Sounded like a young Lampard. Meant as a compliment.
Lampard aged 19.

Please fresh up my memory, was that when he ravaged a hotel lobby, mocked 9/11 victims or when he and the last spit roasted some chick on video?

Back
Top Bottom