Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The consensus probably does say it all but i thought Son was the best player by a million trillion miles last night and everyone else was very hit and miss. I haven't seen much from Alli to suggest he should be a starter in the last two games , i prefer him in a cameo role.

I know you have me on ignore but just in case

You are a CUNT of the highest order!

Alli was the best player on the pitch!

Do you know what, there are certain players that it is just painfully obvious from a very early age that they will be top class. Messi, Schweinsteiger, Sneijder, Turan and Fabregas all had it in recent years where they made grown adults look out of their depth and we finally have a teenager of our own who you can say at 19 will be playing at the absolute top level for the rest of his career.

Simple as that really.

Spurs fans being negative? Actually it's not surprising.

Whats negative about thinking a 19yr old from division 3 that you´ve never seen play should be loaned out?

Im glad he wasnt, but I get why someone might have said that. Are you championing the instant return of Yedlin and demanding he get a chance?

Was it negative to loan out Kane and Rose?

Just for everyone else then.

Honestly! I understand the whole 'not getting carried away with praise' thing, but for me, you've gone to the opposite extreme here. I'm genuinely very confused as to your comments on his performance.

For me, he was excellent yesterday. Good first touch, every time he got the ball he looked to move the game on, and was very proactive with it, and was at the heart of everything that was good yesterday.
You were watching the same match I was then. He's not the fully polished turd yet but roll him in glitter for now. The lad can be a world beater. & I reckon he will be. Watch the melt when he is linked elsewhere. "We are shit, we can't keep players, it's all Pochs fault."
The meltdown will come for sure. From the people who never rated him from page one of this thread. You watch mate.

Whats negative about thinking a 19yr old from division 3 that you´ve never seen play should be loaned out?

Im glad he wasnt, but I get why someone might have said that. Are you championing the instant return of Yedlin and demanding he get a chance?

Was it negative to loan out Kane and Rose?
We weren't going to sign one of the best 18 year olds in the country for £5,000,000 to loan him out. Like I said in pre-season, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was 17 when Woolwich signed him and he didn't have quite the impact Alli had in the 3rd division. They didn't loan him out because he was good enough for a squad place. With Alli, he's training at some of the best training facilities in England and with the Tottenham first team would have been better for his development.

Last edited:
Munir El Haddadi is meant to be pretty good.

Scout Report | Munir El Haddadi: Barcelona & Spain's young prospect | Outside of the Boot

or Youri Tielemans (no.6)

100 Best Young Players to Watch in 2015 | Midfielders 10 - 1 | Outside of the Boot

Alen Halilovic, Martin Ødegaard, Max Meyer?

But I'd still rather have Alli megging people left right and centre :allitongue:

As a Norwegian I've seen a bit of Ødegaard's football. Dunno about the rest of the ten, but Ødegaard could probably run circles around Alli with the ball for 90 minutes, not losing ithe ball once. Problem for Ødegaard and Norway though, is that you don't win football games by just retaining the ball.

Alli seems to have a close to perfect feel for football, imo; a natural understanding of the game. His movement off the ball seems amazingly simple yet mature and effective, and he couples that with an engine that will go on forever, a calm and clear he head in the box, and great technique. And, of course, the beautiful, elegant nutmegs.

He may not have the get-on-the-list-of-the-ten-biggest-talents over the top technical or physical ability, but he's got a combination of the technical, physical and mental attributes that will probably take him further than most on that list.

He may quickly become my favourite footballer. I love the smart ones.

I do believe, though, that there is some work left to be done on the defensive part of his game.

Very tidy player, lots of power, very intelligent and looks/talks like an experienced player already. I'm trying not to go OTT in my expectations for him but he seems to possess the mental qualities to succeed at Tottenham and this is a club where you need to have a strong head on your shoulders.

The only thing i saw that made me a bit anxious is a lot of sideways passing again, i'm starting to think that that a lot of our passing choices have more to do with the managers at the club than the players.
IMO...
Its the team playing without confidance . No one is taking responsibility. Example, Son had played the ball into good areas 45° and its too far because the reciving player is not making the move early? playing sq is easy.

We weren't going to sign one of the best 18 year olds in the country for £5,000,000 to loan him out. Like I said in pre-season, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was 17 when Woolwich signed him and he didn't have quite the impact Alli had in the 3rd division. They didn't loan him out because he was good enough for a squad place. With Alli, he's training at some of the best training facilities in England and with the Tottenham first team would have been better for his development.

Sometimes, its ok to admit you knew nothing about a footballer

Do you know what, there are certain players that it is just painfully obvious from a very early age that they will be top class. Messi, Schweinsteiger, Sneijder, Turan and Fabregas all had it in recent years where they made grown adults look out of their depth and we finally have a teenager of our own who you can say at 19 will be playing at the absolute top level for the rest of his career.

Simple as that really.
Agree execpt for Fabregas, I hope he turns out better than him.

Sometimes, its ok to admit you knew nothing about a footballer
I knew nothing of Oxlade-Chamberlain and thought it was silly for Woolwich to spend £15,000,000 on him. You'd however had to be have been out of the country the past year not to realise who this young talent was tearing up League One with a very exciting MK Dons team last season (a team in which beat Man Utd).

You'd however had to be have been out of the country the past year not to realise who this young talent was tearing up League One with a very exciting MK Dons team last season

I didnt watch a single MK Dons game last season, as Im sure 99.9% of our fans didnt.

So again, I understand the sentiment that people thought a 19yr old from League One might see a loan.
You knew though, so well done.

Back
Top Bottom