Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's just a bit shit isn't he?

There's no good taking time out to evaluate things, this is his level and it is nowhere near top class.

He is a one trick pony with a well-timed run who can control a ball over the top. Other than that he isn't a very gifted footballer. I think he gets starts because he has a good engine and keeps to his position and that's it.

The difference was huge when he dropped back and just started feeding the ball to actual creative players in Lo Celso and Lamela and let them do the business. I don't see him lasting too much longer as a starting XI player here.

I can think of very few matches where he’s played well for the majority of the game. He’s usually average to poor, with the occasional flashes of brilliance and goals. He’s a luxury player, because he’s certainly capable of changing and winning games, but others have to carry him.

Slowed up play every single time he got on the ball again today. Spends more time on the floor or shouting at others than anything else. The difference in how he and Lo Celso moved the ball in the second half was massive and I don’t see how he can keep his place in the creative role much longer if he continues to create absolutely nothing

I have been saying it for ages now. He is just not top PL standard. I'm not convinced he is PL standard at all. His moments of truly outstanding play (in and very close to the box) and goals just isn't enough to compensate from the rest of his play which can be really dreadful. Most times he plays he looks totally out of his depth. I desperately hope that we sell him for decent money before everyone else cottons on that he's a bit shit.

Paulinho scored a lot of goals without offer anything else also. Dele is the same thing, only good atribute in him is that he can arrive in the area in the right moment, but he offers nothing depite this. Slow the play every time he gets the ball, doesn't run, doesn't drible, can't pick a good pass, and almos every time gives away possesion, giving counters that he won't help defend. C'mon, everyone that can at least just pass the ball once he gets it is more usefull to a team.

Dele had a bad game today.
Doesn't make him a bad player.
Since JM arrived:
Dele played 11 games and scored 5 goals.
6-2-3.
That ain't bad.

Concerning part is how he got back to his best when Mou called him out then once he had made his point he was back to his shit self.

It's not a talent issue it's a drive hunger and mentality one. He's not got that killer instinct you need for a top player and will never get it. Sell him to United for 60 million next year and reinvest his money into a DM or winger and move GLC into center

Concerning part is how he got back to his best when Mou called him out then once he had made his point he was back to his shit self.

It's not a talent issue it's a drive hunger and mentality one. He's not got that killer instinct you need for a top player and will never get it. Sell him to United for 60 million next year and reinvest his money into a DM or winger and move GLC into center

Spot on.

All the talent in the world means nothing if a player lacks consistency. You see it all the time in cup games against lower division clubs. A player will put in a stunning performance or score a cracker and everyone wonders why they’re not playing at a higher level.

The very best in the world will churn out strong performances week after week. Messi and Ronaldo are machines. Kane dips every now and then, but generally his attitude is one of pure determination. There’s plenty of players that have talent, but there needs to be a balance between good days and off days. On Dele’s off days he looks like someone playing for MK Dons.

Back
Top Bottom