Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which antics from yesterday are you referring to?

To be fair yesterdays game was more him looking for the little flick or touch pass. Did it at least 4/5 times. We lost possession.

Thats fine if we are up by 3 and having fun. Not when we are trying to break a Saints defence in a tough game. No need for that.

I recall game against Norwich, and others, where he turned and whinged " arms raised" at a poor pass, missed opportunity etc.. He does that of late. It aint a good look. Reminstrating at fellow team mates should be kept for the sheds. All players react from time to time, but I think Dele does it too often.

I get it. He's a confidence player, and like I said, was happy to see him scoring again. Needs to curb his emotions in my opinion. He can vent on the oppo players.

To be fair yesterdays game was more him looking for the little flick or touch pass. Did it at least 4/5 times. We lost possession.

Thats fine is we are up by 3 and having fun. Not when we are trying to break a Saints defence in a tough game. No need for that.

I recall game against Norwich, and others, where he turned and whinged " arms raised" at a poor pass, missed opportunity etc.. He does that of late. It aint a good look. Reminstrating at fellow team mates should be kept for the sheds. All players react from time to time, but I think Dele does it too often.

I get it. He's a confidence player, and like I said, was happy to see him scoring again. Needs to curb his emotions in my opinion. He can vent on the oppo players.
I think he's also frustrated with some of the shit-cunts around him

Yesterday Aurier had the ball in a great position in the last minute only to put in another shit cross into Row Z for the 15th time

Well he needs to cut that out.

This isn’t under 16 FIFA street ball where he can dig everyone out. He fucks up *plenty* and gives the ball away on a whim.

Needs to fix his own game before calling out others.

Thats the point I think.
Frustration is one thing, but pointing out others aint a good vibe.

Well he needs to cut that out.

This isn’t under 16 FIFA street ball where he can dig everyone out. He fucks up *plenty* and gives the ball away on a whim.

Needs to fix his own game before calling out others.
Most players moan - it's not a big deal. Also - when you team mate fails to cross single good ball over 90 minutes of play - you'd be fucked off too. If we tame Dele - we'll lose his spirit, imv

Most players moan - it's not a big deal. Also - when you team mate fails to cross single good ball over 90 minutes of play - you'd be fucked off too. If we tame Dele - we'll lose his spirit, imv

I dont want him to lose his " agro".. Its part of his DNA.. A bit like Lamela.
It needs to be redirected though.

Knew all the hateful wankers will be swarming in this thread after one poor game

While favourites like Verts and Gazza get away with murder

Not just one poor game though mate, he obviously has a attitude issue. When Mou first came in looked like the old Dele again ended after 3 games.

And no one is getting away with anything a lot of the players in this squad are either past there best or not gonna be good enough. Problem with Ali is he's supposed to be one of our Stars he's young still so isn't or shouldn't be past it, but he's acting like a twat on the pitch and shouting at others when he can't even do the basics right.

He needs time out the squad to buck his ideas up or if he doesn't like that to be sold.

Not just one poor game though mate, he obviously has a attitude issue. When Mou first came in looked like the old Dele again ended after 3 games.

And no one is getting away with anything a lot of the players in this squad are either past there best or not gonna be good enough. Problem with Ali is he's supposed to be one of our Stars he's young still so isn't or shouldn't be past it, but he's acting like a twat on the pitch and shouting at others when he can't even do the basics right.

He needs time out the squad to buck his ideas up or if he doesn't like that to be sold.
I think all our frailties are showing all at once.Hence yesterdays performance.

Building around erratic mediocrity and then wondering why we are erratic and mediocre
Well said Sammy. Perhaps you were a little too quick to give in to the hoard a few weeks back when they had their Dele back and he was back to being WC. Wonder where those loud mouths are now? They were really loud and chirpy. They sure aren't chirping now. Don't worry though because when he scores another they will be back in force to point it out and neglect to mention his overall play. Must be a hell of a roaller coaster for them.

BTW does Watford now have the best Dele in the PL?
:troll:

Why, then, does he consistently get picked? Two of the top managers in world football have picked him whenever he’s fit. Why would they do that if he’s erratic and mediocre?
Because they are counting on him as a game changer and value that one moment in every 7th game he turns up

Poch and Jose only have themselves to blame. Maybe both should have taken a leaf out of Southgates book....
I wonder how it will look for Dele when Lamela gets fit and Lo Celso gets his flow?

Can’t blame lack of competition anymore.
Jose mummy’d Dele too early and after three games he went back into Mr Big Shot mode and everything is a flick.

That won’t cut it under a top manager for long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom