Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He looks very worn out. Since Jose arrived, how many times has he played less than 90 minutes?
I thought we were trying to get him match fit - so should have a run of half a dozen games?

What's becoming clear to me is how one-paced he is. So he relies on flicks and tricks which have a 10% chance of success.

The ultimate irony for me today was after putting in such a poor performance he kicked the post in frustration at Aurier's last minute cross into the crowd.

As I said in another thread, it makes you wish for the days when Tripps could do the same, but he'd chuck in a bit of defending as well.

Having said that, Dele or Aurier wasn't our worst player today - just among our worst.

Dele Alli
SofaScore
Statistical Rating

Minutes played
90'
Goals
Assists
Touches
Accurate passes
22 (78%)
Key passes
Crosses (acc.)
0 (0)
Long balls (acc.)
1 (1)
Big chance created
Shots on target
Shots off target
Shots blocked
Dribble attempts (succ.)
5 (0)
Ground duels (won)
14 (3)
Aerial duels (won)
2 (0)
Possession lost
Fouls
Was fouled
Offsides
Clearances
Blocked shots
Interceptions
Tackles
Dribbled past

5 (0)

Dele Alli
SofaScore
Statistical Rating

Minutes played
90'
Goals
Assists
Touches
Accurate passes
22 (78%)
Key passes
Crosses (acc.)
0 (0)
Long balls (acc.)
1 (1)
Big chance created
Shots on target
Shots off target
Shots blocked
Dribble attempts (succ.)
5 (0)
Ground duels (won)
14 (3)
Aerial duels (won)
2 (0)
Possession lost
Fouls
Was fouled
Offsides
Clearances
Blocked shots
Interceptions
Tackles
Dribbled past

5 (0)
How's that a 6/10 performance by the numbers? How is that justified by the garbage that you just posted? 1 shot and 1 chance is a 6/10? Apparently there is grade inflation in football just like in the US educational system.

When Sons back I hope GLC takes Ali's place sick of him tbh, after a couple of games of him looking like he gave a fuck, he's back to stropping about doing his fucking stupid flicks, losing the ball every time he's challenged, not completing 10 yard passes. Kane has been dropping back to cover him also forcing him out of his best position.

That counter attack he wasted today was fucking criminal slowed the move down as soon as he got it, lazy pass straight at the defender, hands up in the air for a strop back to not giving a fuck.

And after his embarrassing performance he was straight down the tunnel didn't even thank the fans.

Really had enough of him.

I said this 3 years ago when everyone was raving at him, and I'll say it again - he is nowhere near creative enough to play in that role behind the striker.

He doesn't have the trickery, the guile, the awareness, the one touch passing or the pace to play in that crucial position. He loses the ball so often in that position which leads us to immediately falling back again.

That's not to say he doesn't have his strengths. Maybe he can play as a deeper box-to-box mid or even drifting into the box as a second striker from the left but please stop playing him in behind Harry. It's not surprising we are so bereft of creativity.

Dele play's like he is having a kickabout down the park with his mates. Too casual and and always looking to do flashy tricks at the expense of losing the ball.

There was a situation against Brighton I think when Lo Celso got the ball between the lines and quickly drove forward with it, only to release it to Alli who slowed the attack down by taking some unnecessary touches. I don’t know why but I thought look, this is the difference between the old guard players who fuck around for too long and the new players who are trying something else.

I really hope we give Lo Celso a good run behind Kane.

When Sons back I hope GLC takes Ali's place sick of him tbh, after a couple of games of him looking like he gave a fuck, he's back to stropping about doing his fucking stupid flicks, losing the ball every time he's challenged, not completing 10 yard passes. Kane has been dropping back to cover him also forcing him out of his best position.

That counter attack he wasted today was fucking criminal slowed the move down as soon as he got it, lazy pass straight at the defender, hands up in the air for a strop back to not giving a fuck.

And after his embarrassing performance he was straight down the tunnel didn't even thank the fans.

Really had enough of him.

He has good chemistry with Son but not so much with Kane - it's not a coincidence his form dropped significantly as soon as Son got suspended.

I was glad to see Dele get back to some form, but his on field antics are beginning to piss me off.

Always now looking for the "highlight" pass in heavy traffic, turning on team mates when a move goes astray. He is a good player, but his attitude is poor. I hope Jose addresses this.

Knew all the hateful wankers will be swarming in this thread after one poor game

While favourites like Verts and Gazza get away with murder

Knew all the hateful wankers will be swarming in this thread after one poor game

While favourites like Verts and Gazza get away with murder

No mate, I have never turned on Dele before.
Pls check.

I honestly think as good as he is, his on field antics of late are not good for the squad.

I think Gazza has been poor and Verts as well. Its just this thread is about Dele.

No mate, I have never turned on Dele before.
Pls check.

I honestly think as good as he is, his on field antics of late are not good for the squad.

I think Gazza has been poor and Verts as well. Its just this thread is about Dele.
Which antics from yesterday are you referring to?

Back
Top Bottom