Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is strange the only time this thread gets busy is when he has a less then steller game then all the dele deniars come steaming in. Then he'll score a few and not one of them will go fair enough i might be be wrong here. The only dele deniar that has had the grace to admit he may of judged to soon was SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs
So what you're saying is that you struggle to understand why the broken clock isn't actually 'fixed' those 2x/day when it's in sync?

"Judged too soon". Kids been here 5 years doing the same shit. Too soon. Thinking like this is why Dier is getting a new contract...we don't want to be hasty in our evaluations. :levylol::mourlmao:

Dele has scored 4 goals and had 3 assists this year by account of an earlier post in this thread. I wouldn't know and don't care to know the exact number because unless he's knocking them in at a rate approaching a goal/game ie Messi/ronaldo rates I'm not impressed nor likely to disregard his other contributions.

But we've played 19 games...and there were like 50 last year...and 50 or so the year before where he was mostly shit...BY HIS OWN ADMISSION so you would have to be disagreeing with the man you are sticking up for to say he wasn't shit. Four goals doesn't wipe that 2yrs from memory nor get your Dele back.

He will score more this season. I hope it doesn't surprise you that most expect that. But he doesn't get a gold star for doing that which is expected of him. And no one needs to come in here and praise him when he does do that. I didn't go into the Kane thread (expected) nor the Eriksen thread (unexpected) to praise them for scoring this weekend. But if they were exceptionally good or exceptionally bad, thus warranting comment, then perhaps I would have.

So what you're saying is that you struggle to understand why the broken clock isn't actually 'fixed' those 2x/day when it's in sync?

"Judged too soon". Kids been here 5 years doing the same shit. Too soon. Thinking like this is why Dier is getting a new contract...we don't want to be hasty in our evaluations. :levylol::mourlmao:

Dele has scored 4 goals and had 3 assists this year by account of an earlier post in this thread. I wouldn't know and don't care to know the exact number because unless he's knocking them in at a rate approaching a goal/game ie Messi/ronaldo rates I'm not impressed nor likely to disregard his other contributions.

But we've played 19 games...and there were like 50 last year...and 50 or so the year before where he was mostly shit...BY HIS OWN ADMISSION so you would have to be disagreeing with the man you are sticking up for to say he wasn't shit. Four goals doesn't wipe that 2yrs from memory nor get your Dele back.

He will score more this season. I hope it doesn't surprise you that most expect that. But he doesn't get a gold star for doing that which is expected of him. And no one needs to come in here and praise him when he does do that. I didn't go into the Kane thread (expected) nor the Eriksen thread (unexpected) to praise them for scoring this weekend. But if they were exceptionally good or exceptionally bad, thus warranting comment, then perhaps I would have.
Dele is a great player. But if you want to hope he's form dips so you can be right then honestly i pity you. Me on the other hand i am going to keep going to the matches and enjoy him for the fine player he is.

Last edited:
Dele is a great player. But if you want to hope he's form dips so you can be right then honestly i pity you. Me on the other hand i am going to keep going to the matches and enjoy for the finr player he is.
I agree.He is a game changer.One stroke of brilliance has changed a few games this season. Yep, he went off the boil towards the end of pochs reign a bit , but... People say we are only a couple of players away from being a really good side. True,but i would also say we are only a couple away from being bang average. Dele and Kane's touches of world class brilliance is the difference from us being where we are and lower mid table this season imho
Wont be a popular opinion, but its what i think.

I agree.He is a game changer.One stroke of brilliance has changed a few games this season. Yep, he went off the boil towards the end of pochs reign a bit , but... People say we are only a couple of players away from being a really good side. True,but i would also say we are only a couple away from being bang average. Dele and Kane's touches of world class brilliance is the difference from us being where we are and lower mid table this season imho
Wont be a popular opinion, but its what i think.

My frustration with Dele is it’s just ‘moments of brilliance’. We have to watch him lose the ball for 80 minutes on the off chance he might score a cracker. He appears to have forgotten how to do all be simple stuff that gets the team ticking over. Harry is both incredibly reliable and capable of outrageous moments too.

Dele is comfortably behind Harry and Son; he’s nowhere near their performance standards at the moment.

Hope he gets there, but at some point we’re going to have to make a decision about the lad otherwise we’ll end up with another underwhelming player we can’t shift.

My frustration with Dele is it’s just ‘moments of brilliance’. We have to watch him lose the ball for 80 minutes on the off chance he might score a cracker. He appears to have forgotten how to do all be simple stuff that gets the team ticking over. Harry is both incredibly reliable and capable of outrageous moments too.

Dele is comfortably behind Harry and Son; he’s nowhere near their performance standards at the moment.

Hope he gets there, but at some point we’re going to have to make a decision about the lad otherwise we’ll end up with another underwhelming player we can’t shift.
I do see where you coming from. But ,i also see where we would be without his input. I think we can both agree we'd like to see more though ? :)
Harry is immense. A far better player than half our fan base realise at times.

What annoys me more than the cute flicks is when he demands Levy not invest in the squad. Really needs to work on that part of his game.

Back
Top Bottom