Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s beginning more and more to resemble ‘a look at me’ vanity project

hope I’m wrong and he starts getting game time
He's only had 75 minutes of Prem League football this season and most of those are from 80 minutes onwards.

Whatever has happened, Jose has got the hump with him - he looks like he's got it in for him and is willing to cut off his nose to spite his face.

It was Ndombele last year that was getting shite from Jose and now he's pretty much a guaranteed starter.

I think Dele deserves to be given a chance at least - no way should Winks or Lamela be getting on the pitch ahead of him.

With Gio out it's weird that Mou would rather play subs out of position than replace a CAM with a CAM in Dele. I'd rather see Dele at CAM than Lamela, Lucas, Bergwijn, and probably Kane too.

There's got to be a better way to get him involved than the current insipid brand of football we are playing.

With Gio out it's weird that Mou would rather play subs out of position than replace a CAM with a CAM in Dele. I'd rather see Dele at CAM than Lamela, Lucas, Bergwijn, and probably Kane too.

There's got to be a better way to get him involved than the current insipid brand of football we are playing.
It can only be Jose's ego stopping him from trying it. Fair enough if he starts him and then Dele stinks the place up - at least Jose could say I told you so.

When we're playing shite and not getting results is the perfect time to try him back in the team....... We literally have nothing to lose - the football has been shite.

It can only be Jose's ego stopping him from trying it. Fair enough if he starts him and then Dele stinks the place up - at least Jose could say I told you so.

When we're playing shite and not getting results is the perfect time to try him back in the team....... We literally have nothing to lose - the football has been shite.
Agree, the football is crap to watch AND ineffective. Why not try to hold possession to close out a game instead of sitting deep and inviting pressure for once?

I'd like to see Dele and Ndom at CM with Hojbjerg holding to close out a game rather than Kane at CAM with PEH and Sissoko behind him. The back-bending required to jam yet more "defensive" players in is seriously damaging our ability to keep possession and is arguably most at fault for us losing games.

Why do we need to keep someone we never pick?
Possibly because Mourinho won't be here for ever (in fact I personally believe as soon as crowds are allowed back into the ground, pressure will be put on board to get rid if the football style and results that are happening currently continues) and Levy thinks Mourinho is wrong for not picking him and a replacement may want him ?
Maybe Levy is planning a bit longer than to the end of this transfer window or season, and will be fully aware of the disquiet, and believes keeping Dele (loaning him out to keep him away from Jose) rather than him being the sacrificial scapegoat is the best course for the club in the medium term.

He would replace Draxler I guess.
With Neymar and Mbappe as primary goal threats, who both operate from the wide position, The best attacking formation for PSG remains an arrow head. I simply dont see how Dele would fit and he would likely suffer the same fate as Draxler - warming the bench.

Dele's best position is in a system where he is the second choice goal threat, operating centrally, either as an SS or a trequartista. Any team playing 4-3-3 would struggle to integrate him unless thay have a dominant fullback to make up for him drifting centrally

Dele and GLC bailed us out on a fair few occasions last season under Mou. Now he’s throwing them under the bus. Go figure. I want to love Mou, but his cuntish discrimination against certain players is just not the way to motivate individuals or feel the loyalty of the dressing room. He’s tried his bastard approach with Ndombele and Dele. Who next if they’re not flavour of the month or Mou just feels he needs a target distraction? That will be on players minds.

Dele and GLC bailed us out on a fair few occasions last season under Mou. Now he’s throwing them under the bus. Go figure. I want to love Mou, but his cuntish discrimination against certain players is just not the way to motivate individuals or feel the loyalty of the dressing room. He’s tried his bastard approach with Ndombele and Dele. Who next if they’re not flavour of the month or Mou just feels he needs a target distraction? That will be on players minds.
I have a theory on Jose.

This is all conjecture, so likely bullshit, but he looks like he goes into a team and is a complete cunt to one established player to see how the team reacts. He smokes out those that defend the player against those that just do what the new boss says. He only wants the latter; everyone else is dispensable.

Dele has had poor runs of form but Jose’s treatment of him is mean spirited, churlish and unpleasant. The lad has won us games and is undeniably talented. There’s no need to call him out continually in the press.

Basically, Jose is a cunt that some love, others hate. He’s only acting to form.

I have a theory on Jose.

This is all conjecture, so likely bullshit, but he looks like he goes into a team and is a complete cunt to one established player to see how the team reacts. He smokes out those that defend the player against those that just do what the new boss says. He only wants the latter; everyone else is dispensable.

Dele has had poor runs of form but Jose’s treatment of him is mean spirited, churlish and unpleasant. The lad has won us games and is undeniably talented. There’s no need to call him out continually in the press.

Basically, Jose is a cunt that some love, others hate. He’s only acting to form.
Didnt give dele last year to prove himself then?

Didnt give dele last year to prove himself then?
If he doesn’t fancy him, just sell him or loan him out. Not a problem - standard part of professional sport.

My issue is him calling him out in the press, questioning his professionalism, driving his value down and being a spiteful cunt about him.

Don’t get me wrong, it will work with some players. Fear can motivate. Others however, will despise him for it.

Didn't like this behaviour from Jose when Tanguy was on the receiving end and I don't like it now (& wouldn't even if it were Davies or Hart or whoever). It's being a cunt bully.

There is always the possibility that Dele is being a lazy prick in training and deserves to get called out.

Otherwise, Jose is risking a lot by calling out a player who is popular with the fans and appears to be similar with his team mates.

If it’s not true and Dele is behaving impeccably, is Jose stupid enough to alienate the entire squad? Doubtful.

Back
Top Bottom