Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Erz-cseXcAMk0SX

Er2nrQnXIAEB6vu

All this flip flopping, win 2 games and nobody gives a fuck about Dele again

Yes Jose has been really cutting here but Dele is certainly not the answer, the minute he got injured last season we won most matches

Our problem is currently unless it feels like a big/important game the players just don’t seem to get the job done and it’s really strange

if you told the players it’s champions league football if we beat Fulham today we would have won 3-0. I think every side in top 10 can say they have thrown away 10 points this season, don’t underestimate the mental affect COVID is having

Anyway Dele is not the answer the big wins the good goals are all counter attack and he can’t do it, not the player he was

There is always the possibility that Dele is being a lazy prick in training and deserves to get called out.

Otherwise, Jose is risking a lot by calling out a player who is popular with the fans and appears to be similar with his team mates.

If it’s not true and Dele is behaving impeccably, is Jose stupid enough to alienate the entire squad? Doubtful.
We have to assume that Dele IS being lazy in training (in Jose's eyes)

Even if that were true it's really bad form to hang him out to dry in the press, as Cranston Cranston said earlier, he does it everywhere he goes.
He should keep it behind closed doors, let's say Dele leaves, will Jose start on another player, then another and eventually alienate the whole squad.

We have to assume that Dele IS being lazy in training (in Jose's eyes)

Even if that were true it's really bad form to hang him out to dry in the press, as Cranston Cranston said earlier, he does it everywhere he goes.
He should keep it behind closed doors, let's say Dele leaves, will Jose start on another player, then another and eventually alienate the whole squad.
I remember him having issues with Shaw at United and Casillas at Real. That’s all I can recall. Maybe there were Chelsea ones too that I can’t recall.

I remember him having issues with Shaw at United and Casillas at Real. That’s all I can recall. Maybe there were Chelsea ones too that I can’t recall.
His main beating stick at UTD was Pogba. Was always digging him out.

Probably looks at him in the same way, supremely talented but not sufficiently hardworking / deferential.

His main beating stick at UTD was Pogba. Was always digging him out.

Probably looks at him in the same way, supremely talented but not sufficiently hardworking / deferential.
I think that's pretty much it. It seems clear it's personality and attitude issues as much as footballing ability that are behind Dele being bombed.

I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

About a week ago he was saying he was in contention for the Villa game (suspended) - now he's supposedly not working hard in training.

Pull the other one

But he was in contention. He’s not training with the U23s like Rose. He just didn’t make the cut.

Doherty and Winks were also left out. Dele has been left out of many squads this season. Nothing new.

Dele’s path back into the team is straight forward, do whatever Ndombele did.

But he was in contention. He’s not training with the U23s like Rose. He just didn’t make the cut.

Doherty and Winks were also left out. Dele has been left out of many squads this season. Nothing new.
To leave him out of the squad and pick the nonentity that is Gedson is definitely new. There is no possible reason for Gedson to be on the bench ahead of Dele.

Unless Dele is injured or isolating then picking Gedson in the squad ahead of him is just a massive fuck-you to the player.

I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

About a week ago he was saying he was in contention for the Villa game (suspended) - now he's supposedly not working hard in training.

Pull the other one
yep don't believe it either and even if I did believe it Jose already said Dele didn't work hard in training last season and proceeded to pick him every game so whats changed ?

I think Jose doesn't fancy him as a player now and is just using any excuse.

To leave him out of the squad and pick the nonentity that is Gedson is definitely new. There is no possible reason for Gedson to be on the bench ahead of Dele.

Unless Dele is injured or isolating then picking Gedson in the squad ahead of him is just a massive fuck-you to the player.

Well yeah, he’s sending him a very clear message. Either shape up or ship out. Dele seems to be taking the latter option.

yep don't believe it either and even if I did believe it Jose already said Dele didn't work hard in training last season and proceeded to pick him every game so whats changed ?

I think Jose doesn't fancy him as a player now and is just using any excuse.

He also picked Lucas regularly but he’s seen enough and now realises he’s not good enough.

There is no possible reason for Gedson to be on the bench ahead of Dele.
Sure. Resting player before selling them to another club is pretty usual. An unnecessary injury would be horrible before leaving. It's pretty clear that PSG/Poch wants him and Dele likes to join them. A new club, a new city, his favourite coach and super stars are waiting for him. According to some newspapers they are already negotiating about his move. Have not you ever noticed that players don't play before leaving? That's business as usual. Bale came injured to us and we had to wait for over one month to see him in a game again. In the end we would have to pay PSG until he is fit again.. similar what Real Madrid had to do.

Back
Top Bottom