Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's ironic his 2 best mates Grealish and Maddison have both kicked on and improved their game while he's gone backwards. Frustrating as fuck if you're a Spurs fan.
I truly love grealish. He seems really proud to be the star and captain of his forever team. Stayed with them in the championship two seasons without trying to force a move. A bit like Harry but in a team tiers below us.

Another disgusting performance. Slow, one paced and I truly believe hes playing well above his level. Been shocking for 3 years. Sums the club up. Lethargic
well above his level just like winks and a few others. he had a good year out of 5! what made him good has been worked out and hes easily nullified now. physically hes poor and technically hes also poor, just like little harry winks! they are just not good enough footballers at the base level to be good enough for this level they look like boys against men out there. dele moves in such an awkward way i think it bamboozled other players, but now hes been worked out hes been nullified easily..not to mention for players with such poor ability youd expect them to be work horses, and they are far far far from being that

Never a more emblematic figure of the Poch era than this player, good when we were good and bad when he needs to step up and show individual quality. Horrible techinical footballer with little else to hang his hat on other than scoring goals as the major beneficiary of Poch's system, the press, and the free role affording to him which provided the time and space that he could not provide for himself.

If you thought there was more to this player then perhaps you can learn a lesson from this, goals does not equal good player as context matters. Don't impute intrinsic quality on a player because they score...especially if they are furthest forward and central.

I truly love grealish. He seems really proud to be the star and captain of his forever team. Stayed with them in the championship two seasons without trying to force a move. A bit like Harry but in a team tiers below us.
Were there not a few stories on him handing in a transfer request, on a couple of occassions?

I had people telling me he was back after Wolfsberger game.

Plays anyone semi-decent and he dissapears. I want him gone. He has a bad attitude and isn't what we need at this club Mourinho or not.

Fans are such hypocrites.
Half the players in the squad are shit and it's Mourinho's fault.
Dele plays shit and it's Dele's fault.
Fans say Dele was shit under Pochettino so it IS Dele's fault.
Fans ignore the fact a lot of players were shit under Pochettino.

Dele plays shit and it's Dele's fault.
Dele was shit prior to Mou coming. Makes it pretty easy to pin the tail on this donkey. If you've got a problem identifying Dele's deficiencies as a player then might I suggest you actually pay attention to his play during games...not just the high moments but the whole shebang. He's an awful footballer that lacks the very basic footballing skills. He is limited and it is sad that folks would like to be doing what we did 5 years ago. It's time to move on and going forward it would be a shame for this player to be a mainstay in our team.

And half the players are shit and they were identified as shit/lesser/not up to snuff prior to our relative fall with Poch. Some predicted the fall because of this underlying dearth of quality in th team...and those people are sharp as tacks. The manager at the time knew it too. It's time for you and supporters of your ilk to also give it a break.

Last edited:
Dele was shit prior to Mou coming. Makes it pretty easy to pin the tail on this donkey. If you've got a problem identifying Dele's deficiencies as a player then might I suggest you actually pay attention to his play during games...not just the high moments but the whole shebang. He's an awful footballer that lacks the very basic footballing skills. He is limited and it is sad that folks would like to be doing what we did 5 years ago. It's time to move on and going forward it would be a shame for this player to be a mainstay in our team.

And half the players are shit and they were identified as shit/lesser/not up to snuff prior to our relative fall with Poch. Some predicted the fall because of this underlying dearth of quality in th team...and those people are sharp as tacks. The manager at the time knew it too. It's time for you and supporters of your ilk to also give it a break.
He was also brilliant under Pochettino.
And as I said previously, plenty of players were both good and bad under both Pochettino. But their poorness is all Mourinho's fault, where's as Dele's is all his fault.

He was also brilliant under Pochettino.
He was never a 'brilliant' footballer. He scored goals and you were taken in by the shiny objects. Learn from it and don't get taken in on future players. Simple.

And his 'brilliant' bit came before his shit bit, came during our 'brillliant' bit as a team, and lasted significantly shorter period of time than his shit bit. Now tell me which is form and what his class is?

And as I said previously, plenty of players were both good and bad under both Pochettino. But their poorness is all Mourinho's fault, where's as Dele's is all his fault.
He was shit for 2+ seasons under Poch. He shit started before anyone elses. And beyond that everyone can see he is a limited footballer. Can you not see it? If you can't then understand this is not a debate you are having about Dele's utility but a debate with yourself as to why you can't recognize it. He is a shitty footballer and if the footballing gods have any mercy they will see him moved on.

Only you are talking Mou here. That is a different story. but Dele's shit has very little to do with him.

He was never a 'brilliant' footballer. He scored goals and you were taken in by the shiny objects. Learn from it and don't get taken in on future players. Simple.

And his 'brilliant' bit came before his shit bit, came during our 'brillliant' bit as a team, and lasted significantly shorter period of time than his shit bit. Now tell me which is form and what his class is?

He was shit for 2+ seasons under Poch. He shit started before anyone elses. And beyond that everyone can see he is a limited footballer. Can you not see it? If you can't then understand this is not a debate you are having about Dele's utility but a debate with yourself as to why you can't recognize it. He is a shitty footballer and if the footballing gods have any mercy they will see him moved on.

Only you are talking Mou here. That is a different story. but Dele's shit has very little to do with him.
Come on, he won us massive games.
3-1 Vs Madrid
1-3 Vs Chelsea
2-0 Vs Chelea
2-0 Vs City
No doubt plenty more as well as coming up with the goods when no one else was in lesser matches.

He was MOTM and showed up for the occasion far more than some of our current regulars.

I'm not saying he should be playing 90 minutes every match. I'm saying it's not right to pick and chose who is the blame for poor displays. Saying it's Mourinho's fault for some and individuals fault for others shows severe bias.

Come on, he won us massive games.
3-1 Vs Madrid
1-3 Vs Chelsea
2-0 Vs Chelea
2-0 Vs City
No doubt plenty more as well as coming up with the goods when no one else was in lesser matches.

He was MOTM and showed up for the occasion far more than some of our current regulars.

I'm not saying he should be playing 90 minutes every match. I'm saying it's not right to pick and chose who is the blame for poor displays. Saying it's Mourinho's fault for some and individuals fault for others shows severe bias.
Ok man.

Back
Top Bottom