Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its funny. We all called for skipp to come in and be a player that drives us on and now we want him out 😅 and PEH in the team of the euros but hes not good enough now either🤷‍♂️
I have two things to say about PEH and Denmark. The first thing is International football is played at a much slower pace. The second thing is I am tremendously impressed with Hjulmand as a coach. Denmark are putting many countries to shame, including some major powers.

I have two things to say about PEH and Denmark. The first thing is International football is played at a much slower pace. The second thing is I am tremendously impressed with Hjulmand as a coach. Denmark are putting many countries to shame, including some major powers.
I thought denmark played a massively high tempo in the euros which got them where they were

Yup! And the really frightening part is most of those haven't cottoned on just yet. Gonna be interesting when they do.

edit: And folks like Guido get real chirpy when good ol' Dele runs around a bit and they can post absolutely silly stats about it but on the more frequent occurrence of what we saw yesterday they suffer a profound laryngitis. In fact, they can't even man up and show themselves to say "yeah, he fucking sucked yesterday and I can imagine this is why some of you folks want his sorry ass gone". Instead they lie in wait for the next "man of the marathon" performance (totally ignoring the intervening shit after shit performances of jogging effort and absent quality) so they can get their circle jerk formed and wank amongst themselves. I imagine the time it takes for them to recognize is directly proportional to their understanding of the fucking game. Shame.
Nothing can help the Woo Woo Dele Boys.

Can't break the spell.

Believe me, I've tried.

Forever lost to the myth of Dele Alli.

He doesn’t score anymore. That was his game. Without it he is a bang average mid table player. He was never a dribbler or passer neither was he fast. Without goals he is useless.
And you add a mediocre passer like him along side winks, peh and skipp and even Lucas....all poor passers of the ball creating nothing for kane.And all of them done even have any pace at all either except lucas. What a terrible team Nuno picked. It was just so incredibly dumb. Shoudl have been a straight swap of Gil for Son and we might have been slightly better.

Where's all the aggression and hunger gone? He plays, and looks, like someone at the end of their career. Shadow of the player he was. No wonder Mourinho tried to shake him out of his lethargy.

Him, Dier and Winks all living off past glories and need to be dumped. I know Dier has been good this season but we all know it's only a matter of time don't we?

Where's all the aggression and hunger gone? He plays, and looks, like someone at the end of their career. Shadow of the player he was. No wonder Mourinho tried to shake him out of his lethargy.

Him, Dier and Winks all living off past glories and need to be dumped. I know Dier has been good this season but we all know it's only a matter of time don't we?
Dier at least cares. Where's the Dele of old? Niggly. Aggravating. There was a point yesterday where he had the chance to wind up an opponent (can't remember who) but it ended in smiles and hugs. We're just so passive as a team. There's no will to win or battle.

In a midfield 3 (instead of a 4-2-3-1), Hojberg and Skipp can work pretty well as two of the 3. They're both talented box to box midfielders.

The problem is the third needs to be more creative, and the front 3 all need to be creative and a goal threat.

That's why Dele just doesn't work in a middle 3 and why, even when we won, we didn't really look like scoring (and didn't score often).

Lo Celso and Gil should have replaced Dele and Son this game. Since Lo Celso wasn't available, tanguy really should have played. Even for 45 minutes. Even as a sub once we looked less threatening in attack than a League 2 side.

Nuno needs to show more tactical ability to make it, or else he'll quickly join the ranks of former spurs coaches collecting severance.

Too much videos session with Jose ? :auriergrin:

“I like to be the engine of the team, not just scoring goals but getting back and defending too.”

Really? What kind of alternate reality does Dele inhabit? Or did I miss all those goals he's scored recently?

However, that has all been put behind him now as he has found some inspired form to start the new season,
I stopped reading right there. Doubt that journalist actually watches our games but this sort of hyperbolic nonsense is typical of the modern media.

Last edited:
Sissoko is gone but Dele will continue the job

Chefs Kiss Reaction GIF by Nick Jonas

It's not a coincidence that Alli was much better when we had a much better team and he had better players without him. Just look at Harry Kane and how he's suffering. Kane's suffering from having so much average-ness around him. Imagine how Lewandowski would feel if he suddenly had Lucas Moura, Bergwijn, Skipp and Winks in the same side instead of the world-class players he does at Bayern every week.

Put Alli in a better side than ours and you'd probably see more of his old form from a few years back. We're closer to being a mid-table club now than top 4. However excited a few simpletons got after a few narrow wins.

It's not a coincidence that Alli was much better when we had a much better team and he had better players without him. Just look at Harry Kane and how he's suffering. Kane's suffering from having so much average-ness around him. Imagine how Lewandowski would feel if he suddenly had Lucas Moura, Bergwijn, Skipp and Winks in the same side instead of the world-class players he does at Bayern every week.

Put Alli in a better side than ours and you'd probably see more of his old form for a few years back.

What?

Last season Kane scored 23 goals and assisted further 14.

Dele has managed to get 8 assists from August 2018 to now.

It is crazy to compare Alli and Kane. Both play with same teammates, but one has managed to shine under every manager and helped to push us higher in the table. Other has been sulking with every manager and seems to have lost everything that made him an exciting player once. Feels weird that so many excuses are being found for one, even though he is in same team than the other.

What?

Last season Kane scored 23 goals and assisted further 14.

Dele has managed to get 8 assists from August 2018 to now.

It is crazy to compare Alli and Kane. Both play with same teammates, but one has managed to shine under every manager and helped to push us higher in the table. Other has been sulking with every manager and seems to have lost everything that made him an exciting player once. Feels weird that so many excuses are being found for one, even though he is in same team than the other.

Not comparing anybody so I have no idea what you're even rambling about.

Simply making a point that it shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone that Alli's best period of form where he looked a star in the making was also when we had a much better team than we do now or have had in the last couple of years.

Kane would have an even better record than he does if he played for Bayern with better players and in a weaker competition. That's pretty obvious.

Not comparing anybody so I have no idea what you're even rambling about.

Simply making a point that it shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone that Alli's best period of form where he looked a star in the making was also when we had a much better team than we do now or have had in the last couple of years.

Kane would have an even better record than he does if he played for Bayern with better players and in a weaker competition. That's pretty obvious.

Point is - you said that Kane would do better if team would be playing better.

I pointed out that last season team was playing like shit, yet Kane was top scorer + top assist provider in EPL, he personally shined.

At the same time, Dele played in same team and was total shit.

So it is not so simple as you say -> team plays well -> every player plays better -> team plays worse -> all players start playin worse as well.

Some are passengers and benefit when the general structure and spine of the team is in place. Others are doing their job at every weather, under every manager, even when used in poor tactics and surrounded by unmotivated teammates.

Point is - you said that Kane would do better if team would be playing better.

I pointed out that last season team was playing like shit, yet Kane was top scorer + top assist provider in EPL, he personally shined.

At the same time, Dele played in same team and was total shit.

So it is not so simple as you say -> team plays well -> every player plays better -> team plays worse -> all players start playin worse as well.

Some are passengers and benefit when the general structure and spine of the team is in place. Others are doing their job at every weather, under every manager, even when used in poor tactics and surrounded by unmotivated teammates.

Kane would perform better with better players around him. Are you trying to say he wouldn't? He'd certainly have chances created for him even when he's not having a good game himself, like against Palace.

Alli looked brilliant when we had the likes of Dembele and Eriksen in the side. His movement was complimented by their creativeness and intelligence. I'm not for a moment saying that there aren't other reasons for Alli's drop in levels. But I certainly think playing in a worse team, and one that's generally far less creative, definitely has an impact.

Back
Top Bottom