Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Canelo wanted to show Ryan Garcia what can happen when you forget to train and spend too much time on social media he should show him videos of early Spurs Dele and modern Dele as a warning.

Not train mate this is the misapprehension of the generation insta. PRACTICE. As in hone your technique not look longingly at yourself in the mirror. It is something Antony Joshua doesn't understand either. Looks great horrible technical boxer. You notice the better Dele looks the worse he gets at actually the nuts and bolts of football. Can't execute a pass cant trap a ball can’t read play cant tackle cant shoot...ripped though!!!!!!!😍😍😍😍😍😑😑😑

To be fair if a £20M bid came in I’d rip their arm off now. His value is dropping by the day. Heaven knows what Levy will think he’s still worth!
To be fair, we only have to sell him for £6m to make a £1m profit.... (as we kept reminding Levy with THAT song!)
So his stock still has a long way to drop before we have to cut our losses!!!

It's the likes of Lo Celso, Bergwijn, N'Dombele and Doherty we'll struggle to get our money back for!

To be fair, we only have to sell him for £6m to make a £1m profit.... (as we kept reminding Levy with THAT song!)

It's the likes of Lo Celso, Bergwijn, N'Dombele and Doherty we'll struggle to get our money back for!
Yeh fair comment, like you said we won’t sell him for less than our purchase price but Levy is a bit delusional when it comes to player values and might be reluctant to let him go for what everybody else thinks is a reasonable price, time will tell.

Well Levy was happy enough to lose £23million on Aurier...

I do think he could have got a goal or 2 on another day with better service, then his whole performance would have been seen differently.
Really? If a guy scores then he was good? You show 5 or 6 plays of "what if" but what about the other 52 minutes he was on the field? Do they count or are they forgiven if a player scores? This is why, perhaps, you and many others have been so caught off-guard by his shitness. You were blinded by the shiny objects and paid no attention to his all around shitness. Now all we are getting is the shitness but it was there before. It was there in spades but Dele was WC to some because he ignored all other responsibility on the field and tried to score goals to justify his place.

And just because Dele makes a run doesn't mean we should be looking to work it to him. That's saying we want it to be Dele FC. His production even in his best times never justified such post-hoc analysis. So we really want to predicate our whole attack on a player so devoid of actual footballing abiilty? Just because he might make a run into the box and tap one in?

It's been almost 5 years since his 'WC season' of 2016-17. I can't believe every single person on this board isn't completely fed up with his very presence. It's the sign of a moribund club to let personnel stagnate as such.

I've not mentioned or brought into the conversation what he did when he was played as a 2nd sticker because playing in the roles he's mostly been asked to play since then that's not going to happen, which is the point I've consistently been making for ages now, even to people that wasn't even aware that he was no longer playing as a 10 or 2nd striker! I find it totally bizarre that anyone would use this stick to beat him with, which is made even worse when we clearly no longer play as a high pressing team outshooting the oppo x10 to 1 every game.

Another really poor take is to target someone, that likes him because you don't. All of you do it, because I see a different player than the one you describe rather than producing a counterargument with a football take of your own you all take the default option of calling that person "blinkered & obsessive" or whatever the choice word of poison is that day. The only obsessive behaviour is that shown is by those slagging him off in this thread when he's barely playing for the team, oh what fucking irony! If he hasn't played I don't really see the point of discussion in here, yet within multiple threads, they are littered with the same people arguing the same points about players going around in circles for months on end.

I don't think he played at all well the other night, but in the first half he was better than Kane, Gil, Rodon, Tanganga, Doherty & Sess. No one that started came out with any credit other than Skipp (for his workmanlike but poor 1st half and an improved 2nd half performance. I still thought Kane was shit despite his well-taken goal). Yet the "obsession" is to post that defeat reasons onto one man's shoulders, Dele's. The amount of dialogue in here compared to any other player completely proves this point!!

So, I'm not the one looking into the past, never have been, I'm not nor have I ever been looking at his previous goal record and expecting the same thing in the present. My entire argument has been the absolute opposite to this as he has been played as an 8 or a 6 for most of his games in the last 3 years! Yet here you are bringing up his past goal count, what for? It bears no relevance to the present unless you are making the comparison to then and now.

The stats I posted were all current and in the present, you see that's the point of the argument. So who's living in the past, me or you? The answer to that couldn't be clearer.
Tell me when he last scored 16 goals a season; certainly wasn't recently(ie in the past). Somebody flaming well mentioned him scoring 16 goals a season, otherwise Iwouldn't have mentioned it. He runs around alot, and gets in front of players(pressure?), to what effect exactly? I stand by everything I said, and if you consider my comments as a personal attack, or vindictive, then you must be overly sensitive, or just looking for a reaction, which you have now received. I'm sick of people posting stats to justify their posts/views, when you can judge for yourself during 90 mins, and I wonder how often many of these stat munchers are able to get to the ground?
I've never said that I don't like the player; he's clearly not good enough right now, and my gripe is not just with your comments (which you are perfectly entitled to post as am I), but the dwindling amount of people also still holding a candle up to the once "pretty good" Dele.
If you can't handle an accurate counter argument, that is your problem.
You've posted some good stuff before, but this is just ridiculous.
Good day to you sir.

Last edited:
Really? If a guy scores then he was good? You show 5 or 6 plays of "what if" but what about the other 52 minutes he was on the field? Do they count or are they forgiven if a player scores? This is why, perhaps, you and many others have been so caught off-guard by his shitness. You were blinded by the shiny objects and paid no attention to his all around shitness. Now all we are getting is the shitness but it was there before. It was there in spades but Dele was WC to some because he ignored all other responsibility on the field and tried to score goals to justify his place.

And just because Dele makes a run doesn't mean we should be looking to work it to him. That's saying we want it to be Dele FC. His production even in his best times never justified such post-hoc analysis. So we really want to predicate our whole attack on a player so devoid of actual footballing abiilty? Just because he might make a run into the box and tap one in?

It's been almost 5 years since his 'WC season' of 2016-17. I can't believe every single person on this board isn't completely fed up with his very presence. It's the sign of a moribund club to let personnel stagnate as such.

This is his every involvement in that game. This is not a performance of "shitness". If so, what bits specifically are you referring to that support your claim.

Seeing this is from what I acknowledge as a poor Spurs performance and one where I don't think he was "good" he's still the most effective forward in that half, ley down by his teammates not pressing with him and unable to complete a simple pass to him or his teammates.

He's pressing on his own (Kane is just not engaged on the oppo at all)
He's shown the oppo to his outside not allowing them to play into the middle
He's won back possession (where few of his teammates have)
He's supported his LB defensively and joined and linked play in transitions (both directions)
He's made numerous runs, where he's completely unmarked but Doherty & Kane's (in particular) passing/decision making is so woeful the ball doesn't get near him. What else are you expecting him to do here?

Be prepared for a barrage from the Dele-lovers(there are still 1 or 2 out there), who disagree with your post. Criticize the once "great" Dele at your own peril.

Tell me when he last scored 16 goals a season; certainly wasn't recently(ie in the past). Somebody flaming well mentioned him scoring 16 goals a season, otherwise Iwouldn't have mentioned it. He runs around alot, and gets in front of players(pressure?), to what effect exactly? I stand by everything I said, and if you consider my comments as a personal attack, or vindictive, then you must be overly sensitive, or just looking for a reaction, which you have now received. I'm sick of people posting stats to justify their posts/views, when you can judge for yourself during 90 mins, and I wonder how often many of these stat munchers are able to get to the ground?
I've never said that I don't like the player; he's clearly not good enough right now, and my gripe is not just with your comments (which you are perfectly entitled to post as am I), but the dwindling amount of people also still holding a candle up to the once "pretty good" Dele.
If you can't handle an accurate counter argument, that is your problem.
You've posted some good stuff before, but this is just ridiculous.
Good day to you sir.
His goalscoring of yesteryear was mentioned specifically by means to point out that he's mostly not played in the same position as then and therefore shouldn't be judged as such by comparison. Go back and read the post again if you are having problems comprehending this.

I'm posting "stuff" to support what I see and what I try to communicate. You like others don't do this, you just rant, fail to support your rants with anything other than more rants, then you turn your rants onto anyone else that attempts to communicate something differently. I've not called you any names, not even in retaliation to you taking aim at me.

And here you go again "your sick of people........" Fuck off!

You've NOT given a counterargument other than calling me something or telling those who have a different view that your "sick of them.! Has the penny dropped yet?

His goalscoring of yesteryear was mentioned specifically by means to point out that he's mostly not played in the same position as then and therefore shouldn't be judged as such by comparison. Go back and read the post again if you are having problems comprehending this.

I'm posting "stuff" to support what I see and what I try to communicate. You like others don't do this, you just rant, fail to support your rants with anything other than more rants, then you turn your rants onto anyone else that attempts to communicate something differently. I've not called you any names, not even in retaliation to you taking aim at me.

And here you go again "your sick of people........" Fuck off!

You've NOT given a counterargument other than calling me something or telling those who have a different view that your "sick of them.! Has the penny dropped yet?
OOOH! He's clearly rattled, and has been reduced to using the F word now.
A very limited response(I suppose "limited" is an abusive term, that I'll be pilloried for).
Come on pal, you can do better than that.
You're clearly upset that I have a different view to you.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:
This is his every involvement in that game. This is not a performance of "shitness". If so, what bits specifically are you referring to that support your claim.

Seeing this is from what I acknowledge as a poor Spurs performance and one where I don't think he was "good" he's still the most effective forward in that half, ley down by his teammates not pressing with him and unable to complete a simple pass to him or his teammates.

He's pressing on his own (Kane is just not engaged on the oppo at all)
He's shown the oppo to his outside not allowing them to play into the middle
He's won back possession (where few of his teammates have)
He's supported his LB defensively and joined and linked play in transitions (both directions)
He's made numerous runs, where he's completely unmarked but Doherty & Kane's (in particular) passing/decision making is so woeful the ball doesn't get near him. What else are you expecting him to do here?

Please, Guido. Can't imagine anyone's ever changed your mind on anything so not gonna engage on this with you anymore. I saw your dissertation earlier. Can only imagine your posts would get even longer in defence of your boy. Now all I got is ridicule for you and your ilk on this topic/player.

My only question is will you go to your deathbed believing the shit you're saying or will you relent at some point to that which is clear to everyone else in the football world? It's sad, Guido. It's fucking sad. It's like the folks that won't admit Trump lost the election FFS. It's a sad statement that folks won't admit reality. It's fucking scary!!!!

Great football analysis, keep up the great work, it's fascinating.
Wonderful! Just what I expected.
I'll be making my mind up about Thursday's performance at the ground, without the retrospective aid of spurious stats.
Thank you very much, your contribution is absolute gold.
As far as I know the word "spurious" isn't a derogatory or abusive term, so if I have offended you, I apologise in advance.

Please, Guido. Can't imagine anyone's ever changed your mind on anything so not gonna engage on this with you anymore. I saw your dissertation earlier. Can only imagine your posts would get even longer in defence of your boy. Now all I got is ridicule for you and your ilk on this topic/player.

My only question is will you go to your deathbed believing the shit you're saying or will you relent at some point to that which is clear to everyone else in the football world? It's sad, Guido. It's fucking sad. It's like the folks that won't admit Trump lost the election FFS. It's a sad statement that folks won't admit reality. It's fucking scary!!!!

So in other words, no, you can't back up your claim? That's all you had to say.

So in other words...
When any joker starts their post off with this or "so what you're saying..." it's a good bet that they are going to say some supreme disingenuous bullshit. Thanks for obliging Guids!!!! But you got a thumbs up from sudoku , brilliant footballing mind that he is. So you have that going for you. I imagine there will be at least another. I smell a cup final brewing.

To be clear, the post of mine to which you replied was not addressed to you. You've butted in and I am well aware that you are sick in the brain with your dele-itis. I will only ridicule your perspective on this player henceforth. Engaging is useless as you have taken leave of all your reason on these matters. You've whined, pissed, and moaned previously that it was boring so I don't engage you on this topic. You can't take it when it's dished out.

Back
Top Bottom