Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh the teammates. They are at fault.
Oh those shit teammates, Dele is doing everything well but the other wankers. You know, like last season EPL top scorer and assist provider in Kane. And almost always sharp Son. If only he wouldn't have to play with such donkeys! Then the little prince would shine, right??

Sorry but this is beyond my belief that someone would honestly blame EVERYONE and EVERYTHING else around him. But never himself.

At the same time it was painfully obvious that he lacks just very basic attributes that EPL player should possess.
- he is not able to take the ball under control and shield it from opposition player;
- he is not able to take ball under control and turn past opposition player;
- he is not able to take ball under control and then after looking around pass it to a teammate (unless he is passing it backwards where most obvious lines are not closed down by opposition players);
- he is not able to use burst of pace to get past opposition players;
- he is not even able to take ball under control and calm the tempo - he is just hectic element panically afraid of being with the ball

He just does not help to control the tempo or progress the ball at all under normal circumstances. He just tries the one-touch-passes not because they are effective but because he is afraid of the ball. For a reason as well, cause we saw yesterday what happens if he was left with the ball and opposition players got close.

The basic ability is just not there. And whatever he used to offer has been gone.
He is not good enough to play in central mid, he is not good enough to play on the wing and he does not have the same quick feet and thinking to play as SS/nr10 - position which does not exist in Conte's system anyway.

So for the love of god, stop these blame games and look at the very underlying and fundamental abilities and gaps in his skillset. He is just not good enough player for Spurs anymore. You cannot carry someone who is afraid of the ball in attacking position.
Why have you taken my posts following his Liverpool performance?

Oh the teammates. They are at fault.
Oh those shit teammates, Dele is doing everything well but the other wankers. You know, like last season EPL top scorer and assist provider in Kane. And almost always sharp Son. If only he wouldn't have to play with such donkeys! Then the little prince would shine, right??

Sorry but this is beyond my belief that someone would honestly blame EVERYONE and EVERYTHING else around him. But never himself.

At the same time it was painfully obvious that he lacks just very basic attributes that EPL player should possess.
- he is not able to take the ball under control and shield it from opposition player;
- he is not able to take ball under control and turn past opposition player;
- he is not able to take ball under control and then after looking around pass it to a teammate (unless he is passing it backwards where most obvious lines are not closed down by opposition players);
- he is not able to use burst of pace to get past opposition players;
- he is not even able to take ball under control and calm the tempo - he is just hectic element panically afraid of being with the ball

He just does not help to control the tempo or progress the ball at all under normal circumstances. He just tries the one-touch-passes not because they are effective but because he is afraid of the ball. For a reason as well, cause we saw yesterday what happens if he was left with the ball and opposition players got close.

The basic ability is just not there. And whatever he used to offer has been gone.
He is not good enough to play in central mid, he is not good enough to play on the wing and he does not have the same quick feet and thinking to play as SS/nr10 - position which does not exist in Conte's system anyway.

So for the love of god, stop these blame games and look at the very underlying and fundamental abilities and gaps in his skillset. He is just not good enough player for Spurs anymore. You cannot carry someone who is afraid of the ball in attacking position.
isn't this the same for many of our players

Why have you taken my posts following his Liverpool performance?

But why not? You were not talking about this specific game. You were talking about his overall abilities and reasons of success or lack of it.

Or are you saying that you just agree that your posts were about one specific game and it does not reflect his overall situation?

Dele played well when to played as an "extra/second" attacker playing off the CF, but he needed Eriksen to "see" that there was a pass on
we don't have an Eriksen any more, we lack a player who has the vision to see a pass that's not there yet
so how can Dele fit into the team now ?

But why not? You were not talking about this specific game. You were talking about his overall abilities and reasons of success or lack of it.

Or are you saying that you just agree that your posts were about one specific game and it does not reflect his overall situation?
I was fucking talking about the Liverpool game! I made a direct reference to people who acknowledged that he "played well in this game" but were critical of previous one's and stated that his performances (Liverpool vs others when played in an advanced role) were very similar to those at which they slated. The specific difference was that his runs were found with passes from teammates in the Liverpool game whereas previously they haven't been. Under Conte we are far more structured and automated with repeated attacking patterns being played, which stands to reason why players found him vs Liverpool. (This is backed up both statistically and with the eye as ha been posted).

I was fucking talking about the Liverpool game! I made a direct reference to people who acknowledged that he "played well in this game" but were critical of previous one's and stated that his performances (Liverpool vs others when played in an advanced role) were very similar to those at which they slated. The specific difference was that his runs were found with passes from teammates in the Liverpool game whereas previously they haven't been. Under Conte we are far more structured and automated with repeated attacking patterns being played, which stands to reason why players found him vs Liverpool. (This is backed up both statistically and with the eye as ha been posted).

Good, then we are on the same page - Dele had one good game, but that does not prove anything at all.

Overall he is still definition of uselessness who cannot do even very basic stuff right and could only shine in setup where everyone else around him carry all the heavy load and he just jogs around, makes some runs and nutmegs. But whenever we need his help to control the tempo of the game, it is pretty much like playing with 10 men.

Good, then we are on the same page - Dele had one good game, but that does not prove anything at all.

Overall he is still definition of uselessness who cannot do even very basic stuff right and could only shine in setup where everyone else around him carry all the heavy load and he just jogs around, makes some runs and nutmegs. But whenever we need his help to control the tempo of the game, it is pretty much like playing with 10 men.
We aren't on the same page at all, not even a fraction.

We aren't on the same page at all, not even a fraction.

So tell me - what he did do yesterday? What was the use of him?

And tell me, are you saying that his ball control; ability to keep possession under pressure; passing and dribbling ability today are enough for team like Spurs?

You just seem to play the blame game regarding players around him. But never address the fact that Alli is player that is tempo-taker not a tempo-maker. He literally is afraid to keep ball for more than 1 second. It is visible. Just like the fact that he cannot control the ball, look around and play it forward. It is either hopeful one-touch-pass, taking the ball under control and passing it back quickly or just losing the ball.

Why should we carry player like this?

So tell me - what he did do yesterday? What was the use of him?

And tell me, are you saying that his ball control; ability to keep possession under pressure; passing and dribbling ability today are enough for team like Spurs?

You just seem to play the blame game regarding players around him. But never address the fact that Alli is player that is tempo-taker not a tempo-maker. He literally is afraid to keep ball for more than 1 second. It is visible. Just like the fact that he cannot control the ball, look around and play it forward. It is either hopeful one-touch-pass, taking the ball under control and passing it back quickly or just losing the ball.

Why should we carry player like this?
I have made zero comment about his performance yesterday. Not one word is written or spoken.

I have made zero comment about his performance yesterday. Not one word is written or spoken.

But I am asking about general situation.
Not Liverpool game. Not Southampton game.

Just lay it out, what kind of useful abilities does Dele Alli of 2021 possesses?
Is it just occasionally popping up with a goal (if even that anymore)? What else is there?

Cause I absolutely feel that he is a tempo-taker (meaning literally everyone else have to set the tempo, progress the ball and create everything for him) not a tempo-maker. And we surely do not have a place for tempo-taker in the squad.

He was awful against Southampton, truly fucking dreadful. His whole role appeared to be to try and offer another runner in behind and to stretch their defence, but he's not quick so he was just getting bullied. His standard 'i need 5 seconds to control and pass a ball' shite was also getting ruthlessly exposed by a half decent press.

He was good against Liverpool because they had a chaotic, jumbled up midfield who couldn't organise a proper press all game (we were just playing through them) so he had loads of space to do his usual ten touch stuff. Their backline were also all over the place so those runs in behind actually worked, but he still messed it up when it came to a final pass or shot.

Find a buyer. Move the fuck on.

But I am asking about general situation.
Not Liverpool game. Not Southampton game.

Just lay it out, what kind of useful abilities does Dele Alli of 2021 possesses?
Is it just occasionally popping up with a goal (if even that anymore)? What else is there?

Cause I absolutely feel that he is a tempo-taker (meaning literally everyone else have to set the tempo, progress the ball and create everything for him) not a tempo-maker. And we surely do not have a place for tempo-taker in the squad.
What's this got to do with me and my post-Liverpool posts though?

He was awful against Southampton, truly fucking dreadful. His whole role appeared to be to try and offer another runner in behind and to stretch their defence, but he's not quick so he was just getting bullied. His standard 'i need 5 seconds to control and pass a ball' shite was also getting ruthlessly exposed by a half decent press.

He was good against Liverpool because they had a chaotic, jumbled up midfield who couldn't organise a proper press all game (we were just playing through them) so he had loads of space to do his usual ten touch stuff. Their backline were also all over the place so those runs in behind actually worked, but he still messed it up when it came to a final pass or shot.

Find a buyer. Move the fuck on.
“If Conte want a to play him he will regardless of what some fans think”

“If Conte want a to play him he will regardless of what some fans think”

He played vs Liverpool because we were hit by corona, and then played vs Southampton because Lucas played 90 against Palace. Fully expect Conte to have him on the bench whenever players are fit .. the same isn't true for Winks at all, so a shit comparison from you.

It's also a player who has impressed in two games vs a player who was good but wasteful in one and shit in the other.

He played vs Liverpool because we were hit by corona, and then played vs Southampton because Lucas played 90 against Palace. Fully expect Conte to have him on the bench whenever players are fit .. the same isn't true for Winks at all, so a shit comparison from you.

It's also a player who has impressed in two games vs a player who was good but wasteful in one and shit in the other.
Dele is shit and should be sold
Winks is shit and should be sold

It’s a great comparison

Back
Top Bottom