Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thats what bothers me. I'm gonna feel like shit if he moves and takes flight again. I just have this sickening premonition of him scoring a winner against us in Wembley for fucking Chelsea. I've had that vision for some time now, and I no longer remember if it were a dream or something built up in my conscious mind.

For the record, he drifts in to the right side of the D and just pelts the hell out of a cut back pass which nearly rips the fucking net.
Jesus Christ- Chelsea won’t buy him!!!

:pocheyes:

I think you're missing the point of the post.

Step 1: Dele moves on.

Step 2: Dele regains his form.

Step 3: Chelsea buy Dele

They've bought Lukaku twice now. If he kicks on in his next stop, I 100% expect Chelsea will buy him.
Delusional- he looked poor against teams like Morecambe and various farmers elevens from Eastern Europe. Thanks for making me laugh though 😂👍

Last edited:
I think you're missing the point of the post.

Step 1: Dele moves on.

Step 2: Dele regains his form.

Step 3: Chelsea buy Dele

They've bought Lukaku twice now. If he kicks on in his next stop, I 100% expect Chelsea will buy him.

Such a random thought process lol

It's highly unlikely step 2 or 3 will happen, step 1 I'm sure will happen though.

I don't think there is any guarantee he leaves in January at all. He's one of our highest earners, who will match that wage? Nobody in their right mind given his recent output.

He's one of the harder players to shift because i suspect he's happy to wait until the summer. He's done fuck all for 3 years a few more months isn't going to worry him.

Other teams know we're desperate to sell him, so they won't offer much. Plus he's done eff all for so long, it doesn't matter anymore that he was the youngest player to reach 50 league goals...or whatever his record was. And if a decent offer comes in from say Burnley or Brighton, is he gonna wanna go there? Will they offer big wages like he's on at Spurs or will he need to take a pay cut? I don't think he cares about not playing anymore, as long as his fat cheque comes in every month

Think he signed a 6 year deal in 2018 so 2024. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's still here in 2024.
Yep and i can see it now- injuries to other players will probably give him the opportunity to have 2 or 3 reasonable games in a row in 2024, a bit like he did when Mourinho came in and certain supporters will think Dele is back to his best and we’ll reward him with another 4 yr contract at which point he’ll go back to normal Dele and it will be a case of rinse and repeat! Aaarghhhh! please no!!!

It baffles me how players like Dele can just hold clubs to ransom and see out their contract, in no other profession would this fly, world of professional football is mental.

It baffles me how players like Dele can just hold clubs to ransom and see out their contract, in no other profession would this fly, world of professional football is mental.
I never understand 6 year contracts. It used to be 3 maybe 4 at most but how the hell do you know what a player will be like 6 years from now?

Plus if you're a player absolutely no incentive to work at your game to earn your next contract.

Back
Top Bottom