Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope it all works out for him. He was wonderful for us for a couple of years.

It’s very sad to see his decline. I’d love nothing more than to see him get it back, even if it’s somewhere else.

I hope it all works out for him. He was wonderful for us for a couple of years.

It’s very sad to see his decline. I’d love nothing more than to see him get it back, even if it’s somewhere else.

Not sure I want Alli to get it back elsewhere but no doubt whatsoever he was an absolute gem of a find.

And for 3 or 4 years, simply the best midfielder of his type bar none.

download.jpg

Summarising Neil Warnock on TS:
Our defence is so poor Dele has to do too much covering and he is not getting any service. Great no 10 who is stagnating.

Summarising Neil Warnock on TS:
Our defence is so poor Dele has to do too much covering and he is not getting any service. Great no 10 who is stagnating.

And that is my one overriding fear.

He need not have to do too much in the defensive side. His strength was never his defending.

Our problem is we are so without an identity and so lacking in defensive midfield competence that too much is asked of Alli.

I get that he has been poor for a long time but there is the but and that is the issue .

Ndombele and Lo Celso just feel very different.

Too much is made of Dele’s off field activities, all high profile players do commercial work, use social media, date models etc.

He fizzled out because he blew out his hamstrings after being terribly overplayed between age 19-21 and now can’t move his legs anymore. No other reason. Just look at how bulky he is compared to the lean machine he was as a kid. He’s tried to compensate for his lack of agility by getting bigger but it’s just magnified his technical flaws.

Too much is made of Dele’s off field activities, all high profile players do commercial work, use social media, date models etc.

He fizzled out because he blew out his hamstrings after being terribly overplayed between age 19-21 and now can’t move his legs anymore. No other reason. Just look at how bulky he is compared to the lean machine he was as a kid. He’s tried to compensate for his lack of agility by getting bigger but it’s just magnified his technical flaws.
Dele was never fast. And he puts himself about the pitch even now.

It’s hard not to connect Dele’s bigger-than-average taste for off-field silliness and the collapse in any cutting edge to his game.

Dele had instincts that belied his years as a 19-20 year old. He’s just a youtube footballer now.

While I agree that too much is likely made of it, Dele does himself no favors with the way he does some things.

No need to be live, online during the game yesterday. he does the same thing 2 hours after the game and who cares.

Dele was never fast. And he puts himself about the pitch even now.

It’s hard not to connect Dele’s bigger-than-average taste for off-field silliness and the collapse in any cutting edge to his game.

Dele had instincts that belied his years as a 19-20 year old. He’s just a youtube footballer now.

Whilst some of that might be true, has that really noticeably increased in his time here at Spurs? I think he has always been this way, and it's a bit of a lazy reason to give as the cause of his downfall. However his general work ethic might have never been what was needed here in the first place.. since day one for all we know.

Whilst some of that might be true, has that really noticeably increased in his time here at Spurs? I think he has always been this way, and it's a bit of a lazy reason to give as the cause of his downfall. However his general work ethic might have never been what was needed here in the first place.. since day one for all we know.
I mean he got famous here. He’s only ever lived that life here. He was just a boy when he burst through the door of big time football, really.

Leicester is another destination that was talked about previously. Clearly a better destination for Dele than Newcastle.

It is also in our interest (and the interest of every team in the EPL) to see Newcastle get relegated to slow their growth. Last thing we want is ANOTHER top 4 rival!

Back
Top Bottom