Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs to rebuild somewhere because whatever money he’s earned won’t keep him from looking back at what might have been when he eventually grows up.

Poch made a comment about his entourage and hangers on years ago.

As he started clothes lines, model girlfriend holidays with 20 people.

And I think you’re spot on. He’s not grown up. Living with his mates, gaming, going out shopping etc etc. Nothing wrong with that. But he’s still carefree. He’s not growing up yet.

Remember Fergie preferring his players to settle down. Get married, have kids - get responsibility off the pitch and it translates to a new mentality on the pitch.

There’s a player there somewhere. But I fear his career will be a “what could have been”.

Peak Dele was one of my favourite players. Him, eriksen and dembele. Great trio in midfield who complimented each other. .

And I think you’re spot on. He’s not grown up. Living with his mates, gaming, going out shopping etc etc. Nothing wrong with that. But he’s still carefree. He’s not growing up yet.

Remember Fergie preferring his players to settle down. Get married, have kids - get responsibility off the pitch and it translates to a new mentality on the pitch.

There’s a player there somewhere. But I fear his career will be a “what could have been”.

Peak Dele was one of my favourite players. Him, eriksen and dembele. Great trio in midfield who complimented each other. .
It’s an awful shame. You don’t score the number of goals he did, at that age, in the PL and have the impact he did without being incredibly talented.
He has mismanaged his career since it truly took off.
Or he has been mismanaged by his advisors/hangers on. Or both.

He’s still young enough to have a great career but it shouldn’t be stuttering at 25. I think he needs a fresh start somewhere and whilst I don’t like the idea really, it seems to be in everyone’s interests.

Did he? I really cant remember that. Not like Poch to come out with something like that.

Didn't realise he clocked up a lot of minutes

FI0M8qcWYAYDAhA.jpg%3Alarge

Did he? I really cant remember that. Not like Poch to come out with something like that.

Pochettino has made the claim in his new book Brave New World, a diary of last season at White Hart Lane.

He wrote: "The danger remains, as is often the case, that he will forget what has got him to this point.

"I have had to repeat to him this season (2016-17). The other risk is whether those around him know how to treat a top-level professional.

His WhatsApp photo of a cartoon of a boy surrounded by people who all want a piece of him suggests that he needs to be surrounded by the right people.’

But the Spurs boss said: ‘I often think about that WhatsApp photo. John McDermott (Spurs academy chief) says that when the trough is full, the pigs come from all over to feed.

There was a very short window of time where I remember people saying that the Bentaleb and Mason combination would be our midfield pairing for the future.

:ledley:

Mason was decent, he was just completely left behind by the Dembele and Co revolution.

Bentaleb was talented, but with the temper of a cagefighting cock on cocaine and the brain of an infant

I say this with all sincerity and not in defense of Dele, but I thought he was okay yesterday. He had a couple of moments that could have produced magic. The flick off a corner that forced a great save. Another attempted flick off a high corner kick that he nearly reached. He drew a foul just outside the area that gave us a free kick in a dangerous position. I saw him make a lot of runs without getting any passes.

A little less bad luck and he ends up having a very good game.
I had a pretty good view at the game; he dived for that free kick, the flick was speculative, and could've gone anywhere. Plenty of people in the crowd were calling for him to be hooked, as he was so ineffective, and I even heard a few boos, when he exited the pitch behind the goal.
I'd never boo the team, or any Spurs player, and think it's out of order.

I saw him make a lot of runs without getting any passes.
Once you get to a certain level, and it's a level way below the PL, you are coached to know your teammates. You should know the runs they like to make, where they like to receive the ball, under how much pressure they can safely receive, etc etc etc. My point to you is just because a player makes a run doesn't mean he should receive the ball. Who on this team can reliably play that ball over the top? Name them! And if no one can reliably play it then why is a player making that run instead of doing something more useful like moving toward the ball to make any subsequent pass easier? Looks nice...make run, flap arms when you don't receive a ball that no reasonable person would expect from our cloggers, dupe supporters that you were giving effort for the cause.

Oh, and you were apologizing for him.
If he sold Dele to Madrid for 90m in his prime this forum (and me as well) would demand his head to be placed on top of cockerel at WHL.
Are you suggesting mob rule? Presumably, those at the top are informed and knowledgeable. In performing their duties with the best interests of the club in min why would they listen to nonsense opinions of posters on this board?

There is a lesson in here though.
I mean if we didn't replace him, sure. But if we had gone out and signed a really highly rated player in his position from around Europe for 40/50 million and then added a top player elsewhere to that, I definitely wouldn't have been annoyed. Had they pocketed the money then sure, justified outrage.
Never even needed to be "highly rated" just a competent footballer...which Dele is not and has never been. Go watch an old game of when he was 'in his prime' (lol) and just follow him. And see if you can get widescreen version as I'm told he does magical things in those spaces not typically broadcast...you might need a 48:9 aspect ratio.
You don’t score the number of goals he did, at that age, in the PL and have the impact he did without being incredibly talented.
Lightning in a bottle. Goals =/= Talented. Many a player bubbles us with goals but goals are not an intrinsic quality of a player. If they were he'd still be scoring them. The player mostly benefited from the system and not the other way around. In fact, I've always felt he hurt us for the other 89 minutes in which he didn't score.

==========================================

BTW awful player, 4+ seasons past anything apologists can point to as usefullness, 3 coaches seen off and yet he's still here. This player is going nowhere (it seems). Previously it was DL reluctance to get rid but now I imagine it's a combination of DL's reluctance, Conte only being here for another season, and no market for a player that's been found out as having nothing. Jan 2024 we will see the tweet of mutual agreement/cancellation. But before that he will have another new beginning/clean slate witht he next manager...like a bad penny!!!!

Brighton would suit him im
Sure potter could get him in the box on the end their good moves.

I don't think Potter would like his inability to pass.

Also seems like another guy that would waste chances that his teammates create for him. They already have enough of those guys.

Back
Top Bottom