Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nope, he was never the same after receiving a tackle from Pickford, then the big hamstring tear against Fulham. Looked like he was running through treacle after that.
LOL...your statement is correct, after those things he wasn't the same...he got worse because he was shit even before those 2 events! In fact, he was shit before he even signed his new contract in October 2018...a contract he shouldn't have gotten because there were clear signs. There are articles of him monaing "sure I'm not at my best, blah blah blah" before that time.

Think about it...that was the Euros summer. This kid had more than enough question marks about his game byt that time. But sure, that Pickford garbage was awful and shoul dhave been handled by one of our players. And the hamstring was that spring 2019 and wasn't great. And he got even shitter after those things...but this kid's inclusion was already NET hurting us by that time.

edit: Russia WC summer...the WC in which he was shit...super shit!!!!

Last edited:
69725685-11962681-Dele_Alli_has_been_pictured_for_the_first_time_since_being_caugh-a-88_1681256021978.jpg

well he's back in England enjoyin his life at least. Needs to becareful though, it's all sweet right now but wouldnt e suprised if Everton cancel his contract and no other club picks him up even on a free. All those sponsorship cheques will soon vanish if they havent already.

Hopefullly he's invested his millions well, as those insta models aren't sticking around for a ex footballer who cant spend money as if it's nothing

Last edited:
well he's back in England enjoyin his life at least. Needs to becareful though, it's all sweet right now but wouldnt e suprised if Everton cancel his contract and no other club picks him up even on a free. All those sponsorship cheques will soon vanish if they havent already.

There is no "cancelling" of contracts without mutual agreement..... They can terminate, but he'll still get whatever's left at a rate of around 5m per year.

If he then decides he still wants to play; it's just a matter of how low he's prepared to drop his wages.

LOL...your statement is correct, after those things he wasn't the same...he got worse because he was shit even before those 2 events! In fact, he was shit before he even signed his new contract in October 2018...a contract he shouldn't have gotten because there were clear signs. There are articles of him monaing "sure I'm not at my best, blah blah blah" before that time.

Think about it...that was the Euros summer. This kid had more than enough question marks about his game byt that time. But sure, that Pickford garbage was awful and shoul dhave been handled by one of our players. And the hamstring was that spring 2019 and wasn't great. And he got even shitter after those things...but this kid's inclusion was already NET hurting us by that time.

I know I’m in a significant minority but I really enjoy your hot takes. They add a bit of fun to the forum.

Sad in many ways but its all his own fault, lots of people would love a chance of what he has had.
stupid boy

For a few years the sun was shining on WHL. Overachieving became the norm for a number of players. Even as a fanbase we now expect it.
So in a different environment maybe Dele would never have reached the heights he did. That’s a positive.

Having a glass half full perspective the boy touched the sun and is a multimillionaire (on paper anyway) by the age of 30.

Hopefully he’s not squandered too much of it or has a plan for his post playing days.

But I’m not going to feel sorry right now for someone who earns in a week what most people earn in 2 or 3 years.
Just means his highs are higher than most people. Flip side of that the real lows are probably due to come when he stops playing football.

when he retires and he is no longer surrounded by professionals, nor a contractually obliged 'job' and instead just has the leaches around him i think he's gonna become an absolute mess

Oh shut up.
Try a sport you can understand, air hockey or hungry hippo's or something.

I've always believed that his game started to deteriorate the moment he moved upfield into a "free" role and started hunting for goals rather than working on his all-around game. We still got a great season out of him doing that, but by the end of 2018 it looked like all he was interested in doing was timing his runs into the box to take advantage of loose balls.

He lives very close to my cousin and a very short drive from the training ground.
Driven past his house and seen a couple of hundreds grands worth of high end vehicles parked outside his massive mansion. No tears for the lad.

That kind of stuff doesn't bother me with footballers, they earn a truckload of money. There is a caveat with that though, they have to being producing the goods on the pitch and he hasn't for years.

That kind of stuff doesn't bother me with footballers, they earn a truckload of money. There is a caveat with that though, they have to being producing the goods on the pitch and he hasn't for years.
Doesn’t bother me either. Good luck to him but spare me the hard luck stories.
The ex-NBA star, Allan Iverson, earned 150 million and is close to broke. I just can’t feel any sympathy for athletes who blow their wad and throw away their gift.

He lives very close to my cousin and a very short drive from the training ground.
Driven past his house and seen a couple of hundreds grands worth of high end vehicles parked outside his massive mansion. No tears for the lad.

I think the thing is for me is there’s countless more footballers with more talent than Dele who never made it. He’s had a good life to date.

He did the really hard work to get his foot in the door and then he got himself onto the world stage.
That’s a tiny % of people who get that far.

Then if drugs, women, drink, gambling, gaming even, contribute to players not playing at their maximum level that’s really down to them.

Said it before that Fergie getting his players to settle down with kids, family, responsibilities was a master move. There’s a lot of temptation out there.

Doesn’t bother me either. Good luck to him but spare me the hard luck stories.
The ex-NBA star, Allan Iverson, earned 150 million and is close to broke. I just can’t feel any sympathy for athletes who blow their wad and throw away their gift.
If they didn't all feel the need to be surrounded by an entourage leeching off them, they might save a few quid. But their egos take over....they want 24 hour affirmation...

69725685-11962681-Dele_Alli_has_been_pictured_for_the_first_time_since_being_caugh-a-88_1681256021978.jpg

Hopefullly he's invested his millions well, as those insta models aren't sticking around for a ex footballer who cant spend money as if it's nothing

The guy has a somewhat huge property portfolio. He'll be fine for the rest of his life and so will any potential grandkids he has.

Back
Top Bottom