Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But bringing up Hoddle, Gazza and Ginola you are comparing Alli to them- otherwise why bring them up.
And to be very very clear, I am not comparing Dele to any of those players. That would be mental. Not as mental as comparing him to Kevin fucking Nolan, but still mental.
But you carry on and say I was comparing them even after I specifically said I was not.

The comparison I was making was about Dele’s “stupid flicks”, etc. He’s a flair player and it’s glorious when he’s on form. Just looks shit when he’s not. Weird eh? Just the same, coincidentally, as the three I mentioned.

And to be clear on something else (even though I feel some may not understand the clarity), he was shite for most of the season just past. And the one before.

But you carry on and say I was comparing them even after I specifically said I was not.

The comparison I was making was about Dele’s “stupid flicks”, etc. He’s a flair player and it’s glorious when he’s on form. Just looks shit when he’s not. Weird eh? Just the same, coincidentally, as the three I mentioned.

And to be clear on something else (even though I feel some may not understand the clarity), he was shite for most of the season just past. And the one before.
Yeah probably is he's on form for about 90 minutes of the whole season
So when he's not on form he provides very little else.

Aren't flair players meant to get you excited and maybe create a bit of magic? Funny all i anticipate is alli fucking it up within 2 seconds of getting the ball. I don't remember those flair players mentioned disappearing completely for seasons at a time. I don't think even Kevin Nolan did that 😝

Except the 8 goals and 4 assists in 22 EPL games. Joint highest midfield goals same as KDB.
Everything with Dele is always about stats which suggests to me you clearly don't watch games
Apart from a few games at the start under Mourinho he does little to nothing in games and when he does touch the ball he usually fucks up moves or gives it away
His stats are extremly skewed , given half of those G/A came from those first few Mourinho games
He's been pretty awful this season.

He's arguing with himself:sherwoodlol:

Everything with Dele is always about stats which suggests to me you clearly don't watch games
Apart from a few games at the start under Mourinho he does little to nothing in games and when he does touch the ball he usually fucks up moves or gives it away
His stats are extremly skewed , given half of those G/A came from those first few Mourinho games
He's been pretty awful this season.
What have you seen when watching the games? It's not possible to put up those stats without having had a positive effect, is it? I am genuinely curious because I've hardly seen a scrap of football since the CL final. That's not just the result of having had my heart broken after 20 seconds.

:pochsulk:

What have you seen when watching the games? It's not possible to put up those stats without having had a positive effect, is it? I am genuinely curious because I've hardly seen a scrap of football since the CL final. That's not just the result of having had my heart broken after 20 seconds.

Now you know how your Mrs feels

Some fans want to sell Kane, some fans think Dele isn’t good enough. Who the fuck do they want us to have? The sense of entitlement is huge with some of our fans. If those two were available to buy tomorrow every single team in the Premier League would want them 100%.

Sure he can be frustrating at times but at least he’s trying to make something happen. It’s not a computer game.

Nobody is disputing the stats as they are fact. However do you feel yourself that he has played well this season? I think there have been more games this season where he has been more of the focus of attack because of Kane’s injury and Son missing games through suspension and there being a lack of attacking options following the release of Llorente. It therefore feels to me that he has seen more of the ball this year and not done a lot with it. Don’t forget he scored 18 league goals in 16/17 as a 20 year old and he certainly doesn’t appear to have progressed
How many games has he played this season in the position that he played in 16/17?

Some fans want to sell Kane, some fans think Dele isn’t good enough. Who the fuck do they want us to have? The sense of entitlement is huge with some of our fans. If those two were available to buy tomorrow every single team in the Premier League would want them 100%.

Sure he can be frustrating at times but at least he’s trying to make something happen. It’s not a computer game.
Your delusional , no top team would want to sign Dele now . Your delusional if you can't accept he's massively regressed.
How many games has he played this season in the position that he played in 16/17?
Under Mourinho he's been playing CAM so I don't want to hear these positional excuses , as with the DeBruyne comparison , De Bruyne plays all across a midfield and even on the wing sometimes , we don't use that as an excuse for him so why should we use it for Dele?

I've seen a lack of effort . I've seen him constantly trying flicks which over-complicate moves and end up ruining them. I've seen him miss a ton of chances with atrocious shooting ability.
His stats may look alright but he does not pass the eye test.

When Dele was playing with in form Son, Eriksen and Kane, he was always excellent as he was allowed freedom to find space whilst Eriksen, Dier and Dembele did the work in midfield.

Fast forward to this season and he played with sulky Eriksen, Moura (who runs, but doesn't pass), Winks (god help us) and Lo Celso - who doesn't seem to have the passing vision of eriksen (yet).

Quite simply, the quality around him has changed. What he has shown is that he is not the type of player to be able to carry a team, but one that relies on good players being around him. We have good players and once they are all on the same hymn sheet he will be on fire again.

Put Dele in Liverpool or City team and he will be one of the best players in the Prem.

Your delusional , no top team would want to sign Dele now . Your delusional if you can't accept he's massively regressed.

Under Mourinho he's been playing CAM so I don't want to hear these positional excuses , as with the DeBruyne comparison , De Bruyne plays all across a midfield and even on the wing sometimes , we don't use that as an excuse for him so why should we use it for Dele?

I've seen a lack of effort . I've seen him constantly trying flicks which over-complicate moves and end up ruining them. I've seen him miss a ton of chances with atrocious shooting ability.
His stats may look alright but he does not pass the eye test.
How many games was the question?

And the position he plays is highly relevant, as to are how the manager set's us up to play, parking the fucking bus and hoofing it up to him on his own as a loan striker simply isn't going to get the best out of any CF these days unless you happen to be Jamie Vardy or Asley Barnes!

And why the fuck are you comparing him to De Bruyne arguable the best midfielder in the world right now? When De Bruyne was Dele's age he was on loan at Werder Bremen then permanent to Wolfsberg, he was there because he couldn't get into the Chelsea team.

How many games was the question?

And the position he plays is highly relevant, as to are how the manager set's us up to play, parking the fucking bus and hoofing it up to him on his own as a loan striker simply isn't going to get the best out of any CF these days unless you happen to be Jamie Vardy or Asley Barnes!

And why the fuck are you comparing him to De Bruyne arguable the best midfielder in the world right now? When De Bruyne was Dele's age he was on loan at Werder Bremen then permanent to Wolfsberg, he was there because he couldn't get into the Chelsea team.
Because someone said he has the same amount of Goals as De Bruyne . hence trying to compare him
Also there's always an excuse for him isn't there.
How about we just use eyes and see how bad he's been.
Him having the shooting ability of a donkey and over-complicating stuff is nothing to do with tactics or players around him.
He had one purple patch and then he's regressed from that season onwards.

He has played a variety of positions and none particularly defensive. He is not the player was. We all want him to get back to his best but he has been poor for sometime whatever the stats say

Dele is shite compared to Messi too. Get him to Derby County for £3m.

He has played a variety of positions and none particularly defensive. He is not the player was. We all want him to get back to his best but he has been poor for sometime whatever the stats say
Let's just stick to facts shall we:
He was stationed in a deeper midfielder role for 17 per cent of his Premier League appearances compared to six per cent in 2017-18, which was clearly a contributing factor to his reduced goal threat.

Let's just stick to facts shall we:
He was stationed in a deeper midfielder role for 17 per cent of his Premier League appearances compared to six per cent in 2017-18, which was clearly a contributing factor to his reduced goal threat.

You make it sound like he was playing centre half. As someone who has played football to a pretty high standard surely you can see that he has regressed

Back
Top Bottom