Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely he has no defenders left? I appreciate the whole team played gash, but those stats say we'd have actually been better with 10 men
They’ve gone quiet for now but he’ll probably score against Mura and they’ll be back with a vengeance for the Villa game saying Dele just had an off day against the goons

Sure looks that way. He just looks so slow now.
He’s got plenty of legs, just no brain I guess. Pirlo did 1000x more with less physical gifts than Dele has now. I don’t buy that Dele can’t figure out how to move into space and pass the ball. Sad what has happened to him but we can’t afford to play him too much right now. Please loan or sell him in Winter.

Dele was awful again, but I don't think he knows what he's doing out there and certainly isn't able to execute anything intentionally.

I don't think he has a long term future in CM. It's getting to the point I actually think Winks would be a more useful pick. Throw him back up top supporting the striker for 5-10 games, see if he contributes. If not - do another Mourinho job on him.

Like with the previous manager, if/once he falls out of favour, it'll be hard for him to get bad into the team.

He's worked hard this season, was one of our better players in the first few matches, but if he's not added goals and assists in a team already struggling to score goals, we can't afford to start him most matches.

Cant stress this enough - he had ONE good game.
By every possible stat and charecteristic he was our least useful midfield player already in gameweek 2 and 3. Not to mention previous 3:0 dumpings.

Maybe time to let go one game, and focus on 4 games where he was passenger?

Even blind person could see that Skipp in 2nd half was so much more useful for the team.

Jesus, how can anyone look at that and not be angry

But..but..but... he runs a lot!
And he has get his head down and started working harder!

So he is like a new signing and all that...

But seriously though - lucky for us - there are always some market participants who are willing to pay something for that kind of a player. Might it be Everton of now or Watford in the past. Or it might be an opportunistic club like RB Leipzig. Or we can hope for Poch continuos bad judgement of players and ship him to PSG. So we don't have to lose him on free. Or maybe it is Leeds with Poch-light at the helm and club fighting relegation and could be desperate enough in Jan.

Key here is that not an absurd price label is placed on him. I'd guess we could get 25-30-35 mil for him.

But whatever it will be, I hope he has played his last minute of EPL football for us. Let him play in ECL, but in EPL level he is completely and obviously done.

He’s got plenty of legs, just no brain I guess. Pirlo did 1000x more with less physical gifts than Dele has now. I don’t buy that Dele can’t figure out how to move into space and pass the ball. Sad what has happened to him but we can’t afford to play him too much right now. Please loan or sell him in Winter.
But we wont. Along with dier and winks we're stuck with these players for god knows how long

But..but..but... he runs a lot!
And he has get his head down and started working harder!

So he is like a new signing and all that...

But seriously though - lucky for us - there are always some market participants who are willing to pay something for that kind of a player. Might it be Everton of now or Watford in the past. Or it might be an opportunistic club like RB Leipzig. Or we can hope for Poch continuos bad judgement of players and ship him to PSG. So we don't have to lose him on free. Or maybe it is Leeds with Poch-light at the helm and club fighting relegation and could be desperate enough in Jan.

Key here is that not an absurd price label is placed on him. I'd guess we could get 25-30-35 mil for him.

But whatever it will be, I hope he has played his last minute of EPL football for us. Let him play in ECL, but in EPL level he is completely and obviously done.
How many years does this fella have left on his contract?

You can’t teach a 25 year old to move into space and pass the ball. He has no spatial awareness and shouldn’t be played in midfield. I’m not convinced he would be any better upfront but that’s his position

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 you still think he should start?? baffling
What's baffling is you think that the first half performance had anything to do with the players, let alone one specific one.

Why was Dele playing so high up the pitch (high wide right)? Why was PEH playing so high up the pitch (almost as a roaming number 10)? Why was Ndombele playing so wide on the left he had chalk on his boots?

These positions that they played meant there was literally NO midfield........

FAOWq-3WEAI3eyv

FAOWq-_X0AAwcfA

FAOrTx1XoAcT4pI

FAOrTyTVkAEddYn

This was the most negligent managerial display I've seen since Sherwood (I lie Jose in Europe with us was as negligent as this) loads of times different managers get stuff wrong but to basically play without a midfield, get ripped to shreds as a consequence and don't do anything about it until halftime is beyond a joke.

Beggars believe that people don't see this and still choose to pick individual scapegoats.

Last edited:
What's baffling is you think that the first half performance had anything to do with the players, let alone one specific one.

Why was Dele playing so high up the pitch (high wide left)? Why was PEH playing so high up the pitch (almost as a roaming number 10)? Why was Ndombele playing so wide on the left he had chalk on his boots?

These positions that they played meant there was literally NO midfield........

FAOWq-3WEAI3eyv

FAOWq-_X0AAwcfA

FAOrTx1XoAcT4pI

FAOrTyTVkAEddYn

This was the most negligent managerial display I've seen since Sherwood (I lie Jose in Europe with us was as negligent as this) loads of times different managers get stuff wrong but to basically play without a midfield, get ripped to shreds as a consequence and don't do anything about it until halftime is beyond a joke.

Beggars believe that people don't see this and still choose to pick individual scapegoats.
That’s obvious - he was bypassing midfield and trying to long ball their centre backs.

Dele was awful again, but I don't think he knows what he's doing out there and certainly isn't able to execute anything intentionally.

I don't think he has a long term future in CM. It's getting to the point I actually think Winks would be a more useful pick. Throw him back up top supporting the striker for 5-10 games, see if he contributes. If not - do another Mourinho job on him.
What? You'd REALLY be prepared to see him play five, or even TEN more games for us?

I won't be happy if he plays five or ten more nano seconds.

Get rid asap.

Back
Top Bottom