Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's fucking big, he's fucking old, and he's fucking rusty...

I can't believe people have been taken by surprise at his performance, ludicrous to point to a good performance for Celtic against Barca over a decade ago as some sort of evidence that we will be fine in Hugo's absence...

Gazzaniga, Hart, Gollini, Forster...

How the fuck have we been so bad at identifying a suitable back up for so many years.

Hart/Forster are the worst examples of our terrible recruitment there, former Number 1s who lost their edge due to age and were never going to get it back. With Gazzaniga and Gollini at least you could expect that they would improve with experience, except they were nowhere near good enough to get that experience with us, so equally baffling in a different sense.

I swear we only signed Gollini because we thought he was going to class as HG due to his time at Utd.
Gazzaniga was far better than the others .

Udogie check! Get N'dicka, get Maddison, get Wirtz get Kotchap, get Poch get going!!!
GGTH GGTH on the 'no attacking plays' good. He's been brilliant at that all season what this reek shows is he can defend. Its a brilliant reel when taken in context.
I've seen a fair amount of him, not just reels the whole game.

He can defend when he is back there to. But he is one lazy fucker tracking back. The kid in him just thinks he can bomb forward every time but he doesn't always get back.

Same as Spence.

Maybe with experience they will get better at tracking and picking the right moment to go forward. At the moment he just goes every time. You'd need a defensive midfielder smart enough to cover for him each time he goes forward.

If you end up playing Udogie and Spence/Porro, you definitely need 3 in midfield.

He can defend when he is back there to. But he is one lazy fucker tracking back. The kid in him just thinks he can bomb forward every time but he doesn't always get back.

Same as Spence.

Maybe with experience they will get better at tracking and picking the right moment to go forward. At the moment he just goes every time. You'd need a defensive midfielder smart enough to cover for him each time he goes forward.

If you end up playing Udogie and Spence/Porro, you definitely need 3 in midfield.
The idea he would be the finished article at his age would be odd. I have not only seen reels but have a place in Italy and seen him against Inter in the flesh. He is raw but hugely promising player . He needs COACHING but he is starting from a much higher base than say Danny Rose was. That's why we need a coach that improves and develops players. Which was the point I made.

Same as Spence.

We should play a 3 man midfield anyway

Back
Top Bottom