Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane > Ruined.
Walker > Ruined.
Berbatov > Ruined.

The list goes on.
Our recent record is pretty damning.

It's easier to list who hasn't turned into a flop on arrival.

Our recent record is pretty damning.

It's easier to list who hasn't turned into a flop on arrival.

"turned into a flop on arrival"

Shall we save some back and forth and get to the part that you want to re-define that statement?

Romero? (Flop? Really?)
Bentancur? (actually arrived out of favour at his last club and actually found form)
Kulu? (ditto)
PEH? (Perhaps you don't like him, but not "turned into a flop on arrival.")
Sarr ? (Looks good.... Early days, but not "turned into a flop on arrival.".)
Forster? (Done what one would expect of him)
Porro? (Looks good.... Early days, but not "turned into a flop on arrival.".)
Emerson (Slow arc, but actually improved).

Etc.

Last edited:
Bentancur , Kulusevski...

We have had 2 high profile players that flopped Lo Celso and Tanguy. They haven't pulled up trees since leaving.
Depends on how far you want to go back.

Soldado
N'Jie
N'koudou
Janssen
Sanchez
Aurier
Emerson Royal
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Reguilon
Rodon
Bergwijn
Doherty
Clarke

Jury's out on.
Richarlison
Porro
Lenglet

Never got a chance.
Gil
Spence
Danjuma

I don't think I've missed anyone but it's a real rogue's gallery and our scouting department should hold their heads in shame.

Well, post-Poch was the bar set above, so......

Soldado
N'Jie
N'koudou
Janssen
Sanchez
Aurier
Emerson Royal
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Reguilon
Rodon
Bergwijn
Doherty
Clarke

Jury's out on.
Richarlison
Porro
Lenglet

Never got a chance.
Gil
Spence
Danjuma

I don't think I've missed anyone but it's a real rogue's gallery and our scouting department should hold their heads in shame.

..........And so should the managers as you can see their thumb-prints on a hell of a lot of that list; be that why they were bought or why they bombed.

Last edited:

Soldado
N'Jie
N'koudou
Janssen
Sanchez
Aurier
Emerson Royal
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Reguilon
Rodon
Bergwijn
Doherty
Clarke

Jury's out on.
Richarlison
Porro
Lenglet

Never got a chance.
Gil
Spence
Danjuma

Royal isn’t a flop.

Soldado and Jansen yes but long gone.

Under Paratici we hit more than we miss.

Porro is already looking to be class imo. No jury needed for me.

Royal isn’t a flop.

Soldado and Jansen yes but long gone.

Under Paratici we hit more than we miss.

Porro is already looking to be class imo. No jury needed for me.
Too early for Porro. He had a shocking debut followed by a couple of good games. Jury's out in my view. Reguillon looked good after about 10 games.
Royal has looked good lately after a season- long disaster. Even Winks and Sissoko had good spells!

Our transfers have certainly improved post paratici. And I genuinely believe a coach who's not afraid to use younger players and give them more creative freedom would improve them even further.

The issue is we are in the midst of a rebuild that should have started in 2016, but only really started in 2021. So naturally our peers have overtaken us as we continue to age, and as our younger players aren't where they would be had we acquired their equivalents a few seasons earlier.

It boils down to that horrible post 2016 transfer stretch where all eyes were on the stadium and not the football.

Our transfers have certainly improved post paratici. And I genuinely believe a coach who's not afraid to use younger players and give them more creative freedom would improve them even further.

The issue is we are in the midst of a rebuild that should have started in 2016, but only really started in 2021. So naturally our peers have overtaken us as we continue to age, and as our younger players aren't where they would be had we acquired their equivalents a few seasons earlier.

It boils down to that horrible post 2016 transfer stretch where all eyes were on the stadium and not the football.

Think you're getting more than a bit carried away there.

Summer 16 we'd only just added Wanyama, were still trying to find a starting role for Son and trying to add depth to what had only just blossomed into a great starting XI. The next window was us trying to future proof with the likes of Sanchez & Foyth too.

2018 would be fair critique; but not 2016...... We started the rebuild in summer 2019 too.... Not 2021.

Last edited:

Soldado
N'Jie
N'koudou
Janssen
Sanchez
Aurier
Emerson Royal
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Reguilon
Rodon
Bergwijn
Doherty
Clarke

Jury's out on.
Richarlison
Porro
Lenglet

Never got a chance.
Gil
Spence
Danjuma

Ok this one I want no where near the scouting department...Royals a flop and the Jury is out on Lenglet.

:pritchardeyes:

Back
Top Bottom