Director of Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EVERYONE IN THE FOOTBALL WORLD KNEW PARATICI WAS CONSULTING FOR SPURS.

Football Authorities directly responded to Spurs to clarify what items Paratici could deal with and what he couldn't.

So why wouldn't Lange know ? Lange works in football too remember !
Is there anything official on the club website?

Because he'd be told exactly what his role is and the role of others when offered the job.
If he wasn't told he can walk out with full pay for being lied too in the process.
If he was told then he's obviously happy with the set up.

Again, no biggie and mountains out of molehills.
That still doesn't answer my question of how you know that he knows Paratici's role with in the set up.
You really think Levy would let Lange walk out with full pay when Lange can't prove that Levy lied at all?

Prigozhen's Russian disinformation units are looking for new recruits that can bullshit and ignore any facts when they spread the world according to Putin missives

You'd be well suited to those roles. Remember when you apply that Mr Progozhen no longer heads the unit up, as the Kremlin website isn't up to date on this bit yet

Prigozhen's Russian disinformation units are looking for new recruits that can bullshit and ignore any facts when they spread the world according to Putin missives

You'd be well suited to those roles. Remember when you apply that Mr Progozhen no longer heads the unit up, as the Kremlin website isn't up to date on this bit yet
Maybe you misread the question, I'll ask again.

I note this about data-driven recruitment from Ally Gold's discussion with a Midlands football journo, "former Aston Villa correspondent Ashley Preece", about Lange's time at Villa.

-----------------------

Gold: You need to have a strong personality to succeed at Spurs, will he [Lange] be able to hold his own within their set-up?​

Preece: He'll have to but Lange is softly-spoken and doesn't rock the boat too much. He worked well with Dean Smith who was used to working with a sporting director. However, under Steven Gerrard, it was different. I got the feeling the two never saw eye to eye. Gerrard would often say how 'all the numbers would blow his head' in terms of the data for players. I remember Gerrard saying how much Villa were 'data mad' in reference to Lange's way of working. Gerrard didn't really get Lange and cracked on making his own signings: Coutinho, Digne etc.

------------------------------------

I doubt Ange will go full Stevie G about a data-driven approach. Also, the Coutinho signing was pretty disastrous given the money involved.

But I imagine, as a straight-talking Aussie & highly experienced football coach, Ange will not allow himself to be blinded by numbers either.

I saw some comments where Ange talked about watching videos of matches played by our returning players - like Udogie & presumably the likes of Gil - whilst they were out on loan last season.

I'm sure he'll want an eye test to complement the underlying data about any potential signing.

He's also shown that when players have a skillset he likes, he's committed to developing them. Eg coaching the likes of Porro & Udgogie to play as inverted FBs, which neither of them have done before in their footballing careers.

Expert's view on what Johan Lange will bring to Postecoglou, Spurs and transfers

Maybe you misread the question, I'll ask again.

Why should there be ? Not every employee or consultant is listed

However many media companies have reported his consultancy role. And any serious football person will know

That still doesn't answer my question of how you know that he knows Paratici's role with in the set up.
You really think Levy would let Lange walk out with full pay when Lange can't prove that Levy lied at all?
You really think that Lange can't walk out with full pay if he was lied to and his role was to be undermined ?

You keep making mountains out of not even molehills, out of nothing.

I'm done.

One of many websites publicising that Paratici was able to return to football albeit not to perform all his former duties
THE BIGGER PICTURE: The conditions of Paratici's reduced ban mean that he will not be able to enter changing rooms during matches, will not be allowed to negotiate contracts with players or agents and cannot participate in league meetings. He can, however, perform administrative tasks and attend training sessions.

I can't believe anyone going for a job interview knowing the job he's going for is headed by a consultant isn't going to ask whether the consultant is staying on ?

If he hasn't asked then he doesn't have the brainpower to do a senior job.
I tell you what ;

If Lange kicks off and walks out we'll all come back here and say that MVP MVP was right.

If not he can say that we're right.

Let's give it a time limit of 6 months, that should be plenty of time for Lange to feel back stabbed.

You really think that Lange can't walk out with full pay if he was lied to and his role was to be undermined ?

You keep making mountains out of not even molehills, out of nothing.

I'm done.
He can't if it was verbal, unless he has recorded Levy's words, otherwise it's Lange's word against Levy's.

I tell you what ;

If Lange kicks off and walks out we'll all come back here and say that MVP MVP was right.

Let's give it a time limit of 6 months, that should be plenty of time for Lange to feel back stabbed.
The issue is whether Paratici employed by the club as a consultant or not, we are assuming as fans yes because of the various reports saying so, but what I'm saying is Lange is not necessarily taking notice of reports.

I don't want Lange to storm out in 6 months or any drama like that.

The issue is whether Paratici employed by the club as a consultant or not, we are assuming as fans yes because of the various reports saying so, but what I'm saying is Lange is not necessarily taking notice of reports.

I don't want Lange to storm out in 6 months or any drama like that.
Ok.

I tell you what ;

I'll all come out right at beginning of Jan transfer window or even before, when they try to agree targets of players to sign. So not even 6 months, more like 2 months (start date 1 Nov)

Whether Lange's issue will be about Fabio or Ange or ANO may not be as clear.

Rubbish

Lots of people do important roles and are not listed on their company's websites
Certainly with a big club and company like ourselves there is no reason why we shouldn't list Paratici if he is employed unless we have something to hide.

Certainly with a big club and company like ourselves there is no reason why we shouldn't list Paratici if he is employed unless we have something to hide.

If there is no requirement to list him (and there's not) then not having him on website means nothing.

Only means something to anyone wanting to invent a conspiracy theory - his position is absolutely clear on FIFA website so everyone in football will know

Back
Top Bottom