Dirty Leeds! FA cup (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The game confirmed a few things for me.......

Huddlestone has such poor mobility which is compounded further by his poor work-rate --> Time for him to move on elsewhere

Naughton looks out of his depth on too many occasions -->Not Spurs starting 11 quality

When AVB has two options for those big fixtures, Dawson or Caulker --> Dawson

Oh and i think we need a Striker. Slightly obvious of course

Do we make a change at half time, or carry on. It only needs something like McCormack to finish this game.
I said before half time that we could get raped by this guy, and we did. This is a game that we should of buried but didn't. This performance was reminiscent of games earlier in the season, plenty of possession and chances, but no end result. Leeds wanted it more and got it, fair play to them. Time to stop bitching about not having back up and quality up front, it's down to good old fashioned graft, something that we are lacking, I noticed that a few, so called world beaters, went missing today. Given the circumstances I thought Dempsey put in a good shift today and still got abuse, the guy can't win. I just hope this result does not trigger a knee jerk reaction in the transfer market, remember Rasiak. We have got a world class team here already, they just need to believe, and in some cases, stop acting like prima donas.

I said before half time that we could get raped by this guy, and we did. This is a game that we should of buried but didn't. This performance was reminiscent of games earlier in the season, plenty of possession and chances, but no end result. Leeds wanted it more and got it, fair play to them. Time to stop bitching about not having back up and quality up front, it's down to good old fashioned graft, something that we are lacking, I noticed that a few, so called world beaters, went missing today. Given the circumstances I thought Dempsey put in a good shift today and still got abuse, the guy can't win. I just hope this result does not trigger a knee jerk reaction in the transfer market, remember Rasiak. We have got a world class team here already, they just need to believe, and in some cases, stop acting like prima donas.

I would totally agree........Dempsey was one of the better players over the last few months and he gets completely trashed by a ton of supporters. That header today was quality putting it in the side netting.....I think he has more headed goals vs Ade's entire run at the club. He just doesn't belong up front as the #10

T and Tucker (if i remember it right) were right. Obika is shit. Levy, you fucker, buy us a striker!
I was actually the one vouching for giving Obika a chance. My opinion has changed after watching him play 30 min. Did absolutely nothing the entire time he was in except take an extra touch to cost us the equalizer. Not good enough, ship him out. Oh, and I want Coulthurst playing now!:baletroll:

I've been hating on Hudd for awhile now, he's just not the player he used to be. He can hardly move. He's an amazing passer but he's a liability on defense. It just drives me crazy watching him. He hardly ever leaves the area of the pitch from the top of our box to the midfield line. Occasionally he'll move into the attacking half and but isn't quick enough to influence anything. I think its time to put the past behind us and move on.

I've been hating on Hudd for awhile now, he's just not the player he used to be. He can hardly move. He's an amazing passer but he's a liability on defense. It just drives me crazy watching him. He hardly ever leaves the area of the pitch from the top of our box to the midfield line. Occasionally he'll move into the attacking half and but isn't quick enough to influence anything. I think its time to put the past behind us and move on.

The thing about Huddlestone..........the way he goes about his business at times on the pitch, you would think he was the #10

I think AVB made a couple of mistakes today, Dawson being one of them but it's his first propa' FA cup stint and he'll only learn and get better.
Elland Road seems shitter and shitter everytime I go.

Should I scroll to Page 1 and click the dislike button ??
tumblr_inline_mfzdr3IUyy1r1k316.gif

You could but you'd upset me greatly.

I was actually the one vouching for giving Obika a chance. My opinion has changed after watching him play 30 min. Did absolutely nothing the entire time he was in except take an extra touch to cost us the equalizer. Not good enough, ship him out.
I really hope this is sarcasm. The kid is thrown in at the deep end in a major cup tie and is meant to singlehandedly win the game, otherwise he's derided as shit?

You judge that he needs to leave - after one fucking game??? Jesus wept.

I really hope this is sarcasm. The kid is thrown in at the deep end in a major cup tie and is meant to singlehandedly win the game, otherwise he's derided as shit?

I said the exact same goddamned thing. The guy's used to playing at a League One level and was only included today as a short-notice emergency provision, for Christ's sake.

levy is holding us back. we aint ever gonna move on from where we are. we're going round in circles just like the scum. gd player out gd player in. i think i know who the next one might be.

The game confirmed a few things for me.......

Naughton looks out of his depth on too many occasions -->Not Spurs starting 11 quality

Exactly!!! ... who the hell said that naughton will be and is probably a better option at right back becuase he is more intelligent than walker ...

That's bollocks ... naughton is a decent backup but not starting 11 quality.

Agree with the sentiment but he's 22 so not a complete bab. Him not being very good wasn't what annoyed me, it was that he didn't look like he wanted the ball or to get involved.
Having seen both play in the flesh (neither of whom are ready yet by a long stretch) but Coulibaly or Coulthirst I think would've got involved a lot more perhaps igniting something for us!

Back
Top Bottom