Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spence stinks of Levy being led down the path by Spences agent. Conte obviously didn’t want him and told Levy that

When will that bald cunt learn

He might not be quite up to understanding Conte’s system.
the problem with this is it implies that emerson is (if thats contes thinking) and if emerson is then the bar is not very high is it? people tried saying before that although emerson is shite going forward, hes an ok defender. that second goal yesterday proves hes not even a defender full stop, hes gone with his foot when he should be going with his head, thats a natural instinct an actual defender would get right. so hes not a defender or an attacker...hes not a footballer fullstop.

spence must be getting shut out by conte due to attitude. if conte believes emerson is good enough to justify all these minutes then hes damaging his own credibility. spence must be like some dumb little street rat that conte cant stand. you must really detest someone personally to make yourself look like a fool and keep selecting a donkey like emerson.

the problem with this is it implies that emerson is (if thats contes thinking) and if emerson is then the bar is not very high is it? people tried saying before that although emerson is shite going forward, hes an ok defender. that second goal yesterday proves hes not even a defender full stop, hes gone with his foot when he should be going with his head, thats a natural instinct an actual defender would get right. so hes not a defender or an attacker...hes not a footballer fullstop.

spence must be getting shut out by conte due to attitude. if conte believes emerson is good enough to justify all these minutes then hes damaging his own credibility. spence must be like some dumb little street rat that conte cant stand. you must really detest someone personally to make yourself look like a fool and keep selecting a donkey like emerson.
Disagree with the last para. I doubt it’s attitude first and foremost or we would have have heard leaks and he wouldn’t even be on the bench

It’s politics and all roads lead back to Daniel Truss

We’ve got nearly 100 pages on a guy that’s played a combined 7 minutes for us.

TFC

cheers GIF

Spence stinks of Levy being led down the path by Spences agent. Conte obviously didn’t want him and told Levy that

When will that bald cunt learn
To be fair, we have a shit academy and don't take enough chances on Championship players. He's basically not taking up a squad place (unlike Sarr). I'm a big Conte defender but having spent 80 million on Udogie, Gil, Spence and Sarr isnt great with a coach who likes older players.

Not true. If someone was truly invested in making an informed judgement they could dig back into more of his performances; but no...... Sensationalism, knee-jerking, "I know better than Conte" & conspiracy mongering is far more fun.

#DaInterwebz :freundgoal:
You obviously think Royal is better than Spence? But based on what? The difficulty for you is that we’ve all seen how shit Royal is and can’t believe Spence could be worse.

To be fair, we have a shit academy and don't take enough chances on Championship players. He's basically not taking up a squad place (unlike Sarr). I'm a big Conte defender but having spent 80 million on Udogie, Gil, Spence and Sarr isnt great with a coach who likes older players.
I do think the strategy is a bit all over the place.

We don't need to be going around taking punts on 18 year olds. You could have easily rejuvenated our squad with players aged 22-23 and above who can contribute from day one.

Bentancur-type signings have to be the target.

Young enough to improve but still experienced at a high level.

When we are generally so tight with finances we can't afford to be blowing it on a bunch of prospects hoping one of them turns into a star.

You obviously think Royal is better than Spence? But based on what?

No guesswork or projecting pls.... Just stick to what I have posted.

The difficulty for you is that......

I'm having no difficulty here, thanks.....

we’ve all seen how shit Royal is and can’t believe Spence could be worse.

I reiterate.... You don't need to guess. (You did read the post you replied to... Didn't you?)

I'll ask you (as I have posed the question to all a number of times before)......

- Have you watched any of DS's championship games?
- What's his defensive game like?
- Can he follow tactical instruction or is he just a bit wild and gung-ho?

You can bet your ass Conte's watched the kid in training every day to assess these things so why should you doubt his judgement without seeking your own counter-insight?

"....But he can't be any worse than Royal" is just empty rhetoric.

your post

"....But he can't be any worse than Royal" is just empty rhetoric.

Tbf ... could he? Could he do worse than Royal did vs Bournemouth? I mean the answer is obviously yes but he'd have to be pretty fucking terrible to manage it. I mean we're talking about a player who essentially sabotages his own teams attacking play.

It would be nice to actually find out. Maybe even just see 20 minutes of Spence. I get training or w/e but he's not had even the slightest hint of an opportunity to show what he can do in an actual game of football.

Something something "Could he do worse than Royal ......"

Sick of hearing it tbh.......

This thread is full of people blowing hot air; yet not one of them that persist in throwing round the above golden question and/or calling "politics" and "conspiracy" are prepared to put in the effort to satisfy their own curiosity.

Odd; to put it politely.

Forget Emerson; why can't Spence earn Conte's trust.

You can't forget Emerson because he's the guy mostly starting despite dropping 3/10 performances & costing us a handful of times this season already. Our right hand side is a void going forward because of him.

Conte has a huge weak spot for him because he works hard/is committed defensively/whatever the fuck it is. And it makes people (fairly) question his judgement with Spence. You're putting it all on him to 'earn' Conte's trust but we really don't know how fairly he's being treated. It's ALL speculation.

Sick of hearing it tbh.......

This thread is full of people blowing hot air; yet not one of them that persist in throwing round the above golden question and/or calling "politics" and "conspiracy" are prepared to put in the effort to satisfy their own curiosity.

Odd; to put it politely.

You speculate he hasn't done enough to earn Conte's trust, other people speculate Conte has something against him personally and/or wasn't keen on the signing so is biased against him.

Both views = speculation. Nobody knows how he looks in training or how he behaves in the dressing room at all. All we know is we have this gaping chasm at right back and the guy we signed for a decent chunk of change is barely getting a warm up.

So much conjecture, might be worth a quick reminder that Spence played for Middlesborough v Spurs in an FA Cup replay in January 2020 where he played at RB and did very well, both defensively and attacking. Spurs won 2-1 at home.

Mourhino knew all about Spence - his son had played with him in Fulham's youth academy.

So no surprise he was on Spurs database as a possible RB, And no surprise when Paratici reported there were no decent RWB's available last summer (and backed up by the world famous TFC talent spotters who all came up with no credible RWB's) that Paratici likely said to Conte

'there's no decent RWB's available ..... but we have a decent youngster who has impressed at Middlesborough and Notts Forest we could get...... at Notts Forest he's the first choice in a side being promoted to PL and has been very good against Woolwich and Leicester and ok v Liverpool in FA Cup . So its Spence or nobody''

So that's why he's at Spurs.

I'm a bit surprised Spence has not played a bit more - but Conte introduced several of last summer's signings more slowly than expected, and Gill (with more experience that Spence) has yet to play 45 mins in any match under Conte.

I live in hope Spence does play more minutes before World Cup. But who knows !

Back
Top Bottom