EFL Cup - Wolves vs Tottenham - Wed, Sep 22 19:45 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the first time I have ever wanted us to not win. Making it to the final last year showed me how much I really don’t care about this cup and would rather focus on the league, FA cup and then the 3rd European competition before focusing on this one.

Right now I just want us to play well and/or win games.....

A pallete cleanser can't come quick enough after the weekend..... Let's build upon what was good in that game; build up some steam and then smash the scum on Sunday.

COYS!!!!! :tobyarm:

This is the first time I have ever wanted us to not win. Making it to the final last year showed me how much I really don’t care about this cup and would rather focus on the league, FA cup and then the 3rd European competition before focusing on this one.

Yeah I normally favour the league cup as a trophy to win but we only got to the final thanks to the draw last season. I think we will lose Wednesday and possibly scrape a draw against the scum.

I'm just at such a low point with this team/squad/manager at the moment it's hard to get excited about this.

If we play attacking football and create chances I'll be happy enough. Just want to keep our name out of the headlines for a few days.

Well it certainly showed how little Levy cares after reaching the final and then sacking an experienced winning manager and replacing him with a totally inexperienced novice a few days prior

I'm just at such a low point with this team/squad/manager at the moment it's hard to get excited about this.

If we play attacking football and create chances I'll be happy enough. Just want to keep our name out of the headlines for a few days.
Agreed

Sky are televising ManU v Spam so will have to rely on streams

Worrying position to be in. I’m a believer in taking the cups seriously as I don’t think we will do much in the league, but it’s the Scum straight after this.

Worrying position to be in. I’m a believer in taking the cups seriously as I don’t think we will do much in the league, but it’s the Scum straight after this.

Go strong....

- If we win, we might get a kind draw in the next round.
- Build up some steam for the NLD.

Since Bergwijn and Lucas are still out I would probably experiment with a 3-4-2-1 or similar lineup.

Get Rodon, Tanganga and one of Romero or Sanchez some minutes in the back 3. Emerson or Doherty at RWB. Sessegnon at LWB if fit. Gil as one of the two 10s. Try and replicate the pressure and tempo from the first half against Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom