EFL Cup - Wolves vs Tottenham - Wed, Sep 22 19:45 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Goals, shite defending and a close call of a win :tanguythumb::nunofacepalm::levyeyes:

gladiator GIF

I don't care if we win or not at the moment, as long as it's entertaining football, like some of the stuff today or in the 1st half v Chavs, I'll take it. I just want us to play "The Tottenham Way" again after a while...
However that needs players like ndombele and gio playing which many posters on here wo t shot of?

Big positives from this match - Oliver Skipp and Byan Gill, both youngsters who seem to be showing they deserve to be considered starters.

Other notable points :

Dele - great assist for Kane. Still think he is better played to support strikers rather than a deeper CM

Ndombele - Scores one but instrumental in Spurs conceding two. IMO assuming we start him, we need 2 players able to share his defensive duties as well as their own, so Hojbjerg and/or Skipp if not both.

Romero/Sanchez was not as secure as hoped - maybe Dier's performances this season has moved him into being the key CB to link with Romero ?

Tanganga looks very sound at RB

Kane - Can be relied on for goals generally but that's his first from open play this season ? Son and Gil might be best as a front 3 with Moura and Bergwijn to help back him up : just a question of rotating them. Bigger problem might be creativity from CM and full backs ?

Davies - solid

Lo Celso - What did he do ?

Reguilon - Surprised me with a very good penalty

Should never have let it get to Penalties but whilst expecting to lose at penalties so good to win it. Kane & Ndombele only really 2 that played 90 mins that is a problem for Sunday. Much better display and Wolves were stronger than some saying. Lloris, Regulion, Dier, Son, Hojbjerg, Emerson all mainly rested. Lo Celso only played 62 mins as well. Gil & Skipp young and should be Ok if needed. Problem is Kane & Ndombele and not sure I would start Ndombele but with Moura injured no choice but to play Kane until he gets injured or drops through exhaustion.
I’d put Japh ahead of royal at RB getting better and better especially going forward. Just needs to cut out the stupid fouls like on mourinho at the end. Also cut out the losing of the head. Can’t be going down to 9 men especially when dele plays.

Brentford?

There wasn't much in the game. Wolves had the majority of the possession but were toothless in front of goal. Brentford had three shots on target and scored two of them. Brentford were good value for their win, being the away side, but it's not like they played Wolves off the pitch. If Wolves score first they probably go on to win that game quite comfortably, in my opinion.

Not read the thread yet.

Just on my way back from the ground now.

Don't know about anyone else who was at the game but that was a proper fucking cup tie. Atmosphere was great. Game was exciting.

Witnessing spurs win on penalties is like gold dust. Well worth the effort making the trip up on a school night.

Fucking love midweek away cup ties, especially when we win on penalties. Hook it into my veins!

COYS! 💪 💪 💪

Last edited:
Finally just saw our goals after getting in late. Both great finishes. But the one by Kane was a finish like he's confident and in a hot streak. Wonderful first touch before slotting it away in the corner. If that doesn't do his own confidence the world of good then nothing will.

Back
Top Bottom