EFL Cup - Wolves vs Tottenham - Wed, Sep 22 19:45 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fwzHynNC

Deserved to go through. Tremendous support by us tonight. Will go to burnley away. Ndombele is a great talent but needs to eradicate his key errors. Wolves might go down.
If we can get tickets, I want to go too. I enjoyed tonight, saw a few faces from the "good ol' days", and now I'm retired, I don't have to worry about getting up early or taking time off :)

Wasn't a B team at all. They had a few first-teamers starting, and a couple of players that have been first teamers. And also captain Coady came on pretty early. Wolves will give most teams a game this season at home. They'll be pushovers for nobody.
The first half line up when Kane scored was against their B team. If they were trying to win the game, they'd have started Traore, Mouthino, Semedo and Coady. Clearly this wasn't an important game for them. Also, Jiminez never came on.

Last edited:
I think Romero is going to be a huge success at this club. It wasn’t his best game but he’s definitely a talent. Gil was energetic and created chances. Both look like good signings to me.

Agree with you.
Romero looks very composed, sometimes overly so but looks the goods.

Gil is a breath of fresh air. Lively on the ball, and very skilful.

Verdict:

Skipp.... Gil..... Japh....

The kids are alright!!!

Bring Sarr back in January and let's push forward!!! 👊👊👊

Other take-aways.....

- Ndombele cannot be trusted defensively in any capacity... Play him the same way Jose did and stick PEH & Skipp behind him.
- Gio is just as crap without the ball now as Ndombele and seems to be playing to avoid injury... The hustle & bite that was there when he first arrived is nowhere to be seen.
- Kane looked a bit hungrier tonight.... Hopefully he'll bring even more sharpness come the weekend.
- Maybe it's just me, but I hate leaving experienced pen takers at the back of the queue..... If things had gone differently, Sonny wouldn't even have got to take his!
Gio cannot play defensively. So many moaned about Jose but we doing exactly the same thing a bit higher up the pitch.

Play Ndombele and Lo Celso higher up behind the Strikers. Ndombele focusing on starting the attack and Lo Celso feeding off him in order to make the "Killer pass". It's how they play for their country. They have proven it's their strength

Nuno doesn't know football. He decides a strategy before the game and doesn't adapt because he doesn't know how. Kane, Son....., whoever plays in front, has to come back because we have nothing linking in the middle. Kane won't score much this year because he doesn't get the supply.

Our biggest hurdle this season, is a 10th choice manager that is clueless. He only knows how to play with extremely fast plays that push and run. We know that's not our strength.

Gio cannot play defensively. So many moaned about Jose but we doing exactly the same thing a bit higher up the pitch.

Play Ndombele and Lo Celso higher up behind the Strikers. Ndombele focusing on starting the attack and Lo Celso feeding off him in order to make the "Killer pass". It's how they play for their country. They have proven it's their strength

Nuno doesn't know football. He decides a strategy before the game and doesn't adapt because he doesn't know how. Kane, Son....., whoever plays in front, has to come back because we have nothing linking in the middle. Kane won't score much this year because he doesn't get the supply.

Our biggest hurdle this season, is a 10th choice manager that is clueless. He only knows how to play with extremely fast plays that push and run. We know that's not our strength.
Wow. Its like you know everything.
Have you ever thought of being a premier league manager?
I think you will make it look easy.

Got home from Wolves about 1am and I fully endorse the comments of Mrs P and Hampshire Spur-it was a great night.A real entertaining,open,attacking cup tie with both teams showing great energy and desire.
Obviously the fact that we managed to win the shoot out has somewhat enhanced my experience!
Will definitely go to Burnley, that will be a late night for sure.Who needs the Champions League??!!! COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom