Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He got up and down well today. Contes system requires attacking wing backs and he did that excellently today. Played a part in two goals but took up a lot of good positions and was a good outlet. Best I've seen him play imo.

He sooo nice. I feel bad...but I'd like to see Spence given the opportunities he had today.

I'd start ER against the Chavs..... Defensively better than Doh and probably not the occasion to be giving Spence his debut. Then, depending on how the game's going we can rotate one of the other 2 lads on around 70min.

I thought he was pretty good today and he seemed to have a better understanding with Kulusevski. Sure, he’s still delivering overhit or underhit crosses, but I felt he had a clearer idea what to do when it came to attacking. Defensively I believe he’s good, I wouldn’t put Southampton’s goal on him honestly (heard some people say it was his fault).

Also keep in mind how less clumsy he is compared to Aurier, who was giving away a penalty or a dangerous freekick every 2-3 games.

Had a good game today, looked a lot better going forward getting into good positions. Did really good for the third goal, winning the ball,driving it forward then making a well timed diagonal run to lose his marker.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

He was decent but if we had a Perisic level at RWB we would be title contenders. Even when Emerson has a decent game it’s still obvious that he’s our weak link. We have class every other position on the pitch.

Yeah, he's great value... but I wanna win something.

I'm all bottom line, this season.

No fee fees 'n that.

All business.

Most effective players out there - ONLY.
Because we will be very competitive in all comps and hence the increasing work load on all of the squad, rotation of players is essential to winning this year I reckon.

He's a good player.

Never lets us down with horrendous performances and yesterday showed again with an assist and created own goal that he can pick the right pass going forward.

Just watched the match back and thought he was really good. Always fighting, always trying and with a lot of success in the second half. He’s no donkey.

Take a look at Emerson's insta.. not sure if this is common or not, but he has full size goals in his back yard, and this morning had a guy coaching him and doing ball work before training.

Back
Top Bottom