England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If trophies were given out for football songs we would be right at top of the tree.

I much prefer World In Motion and Vindaloo to Three Lions. The much lesser known World At Your Feet by Embrace is a banger too, though not one you can sing along to the same.
World in Motion was such a banger.

Italia 90 was and still is my favourite tournament ever.

Everyone I knew had an England shirt

Only four TV channels and no internet or social media or mobile phones.....yet it seemed that the football coverage was wall to wall for the month!

Nessun Dorma belting out of everyone's TV - magic.

Good times.

Only four TV channels and no internet or social media or mobile phones.....yet it seemed that the football coverage was wall to wall for the month!

Good times.
96 was my favorite, 1990 was my first ( had a Gazza T-shirt with him crying while wearing my multicolor shell suit. Those that talk about that sort of thing tend to say the football was pretty poor the whole tournament but the delivery of the package was best it had been

96 was my favorite, 1990 was my first ( had a Gazza T-shirt with him crying while wearing my multicolor shell suit. Those that talk about that sort of thing tend to say the football was pretty poor the whole tournament but the delivery of the package was best it had been
Purists would say the football was poor but it was very entertaining with lots of chances.

The drama of 119th minute winner against Belgium, followed by coming back from 2-1 down against Cameroon in extra time and then the heartbreak of going out on penalties

It was brilliant.

Purists would say the football was poor but it was very entertaining with lots of chances.

The drama of 119th minute winner against Belgium, followed by coming back from 2-1 down against Cameroon in extra time and then the heartbreak of going out on penalties

It was brilliant.

International football used to feel so much more exotic back then......

E.g. Only seeing Brazil once every 4 years and wondering what new magicians they had....

......All the surprise cult personalities like Roger Miller & that mental Colombian team with Valderama and Heguita.

Having virtually every game a click away these days has killed that..... You see most of those Brazilians on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
International football used to feel so much more exotic back then......

E.g. Only seeing Brazil once every 4 years and wondering what new magicians they had....

......All the surprise cult personalities like Roger Miller & that mental Colombian team with Valderama and Heguita.

Having virtually every game a click away these days has killed that..... You see most of those Brazilians on a weekly basis these days.
Social media and globalisation.

I always wonder whether it's just nostalgia or whether it did actually feel a bit better and that we were all in it together.

During the 90's I could just tip up at White Hart Lane on Saturday and buy a ticket.....only games I couldn't were Man U and Woolwich.

I definitely prefer that.

Good times.

Mexico 86 was great too...... Proper vibes and that pucka theme tune; Azteca Gold.

Mexico 86 was great too...... Proper vibes and that pucka theme tune; Azteca Gold.
Probably a tournament too soon for me that one...... I don't remember it as fondly as 90 and the way we went out just felt like the biggest kick in the bollocks and it was then that I learnt life and football wasn't fair and cheats didn't always get found out.

Social media and globalisation.

I always wonder whether it's just nostalgia or whether it did actually feel a bit better and that we were all in it together.

During the 90's I could just tip up at White Hart Lane on Saturday and buy a ticket.....only games I couldn't were Man U and Woolwich.

I definitely prefer that.

The differences are tangible; such as i described..... Same as how much more of a national event the FA cup final used to be.

At any level of the game; what goes on on the pitch is only part of the experience.

The differences are tangible; such as i described..... Same as how much more of a national event the FA cup final used to be.

At any level of the game; what goes on on the pitch is only part of the experience.
I used to feel sick with nerves before every Spurs and England competitive game.

Watching the FA cup final was a massive event that had all day build up.

You barely ever saw league teams on the hallowed turf if Wembley and it was a massive event with blimps in the sky and everything.

The magic in everything has just gone a little bit.

Probably just getting older.

GQNi8wcW4AAmAV1

Back
Top Bottom