England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not a fan of Woy going on about injured players in his interviews. It tells the players that do play " you wouldn't be on the pitch if I had everyone" . Not great for confidence.

Absolutely no fucking identity whatsoever. Trevor Brooking, The FA and Roy Hodgeson have absolutely no idea what English football should look or feel like, I don't see how anyone on that pitch tonight should.

Tear it up and start again

Absolutely no fucking identity whatsoever. Trevor Brooking, The FA and Roy Hodgeson have absolutely no idea what English football should look or feel like, I don't see how anyone on that pitch tonight should.

Tear it up and start again

England football looks and feels exactly like what you saw tonight, a load of old shit and they have been like that for quite a long time...Milner is the epitome of an England player, a fucking clogger.

Every pass from one England player to another seems to go to someone who's marked. No head-up, one-touch stuff, and in this day and age on the international stage that just won't cut it.

Let's say Bale plays for England. Would all these questions asked?

Hart
Walker - Dawson - Cahill - Cole/Baines
Carrick- Lampard
Gerrard
Bale - Rooney - Walcott

That looks far, far better. Clearly age is an issue, but Walcott (24), Walker (23), Hart (26), Cahill (27),
Rooney (27), Bale (24). You then have a player to to and see, you then have a player that was, seemingly, produced by England.

Then Wilshere isn't forced into being the "next big thing," because Bale is the new, young big thing. The youngsters don't have to be forced into being the stars, because Bale would be the established star. Townsend, Caulker, Wilshere, Sterling, Ince, Zaha, Shaw, and many others can be slowly integrated.

Joey Barton has a valid point, his tweets last night about the game were very interesting. Slated Brooking saying that he has been sucking at the teet for too long going to dinners and golf days with nothing actually changing!
Why did none of the ITV commentators tell it as it is and that was a shocking shower of shite?

tEBwkIY.jpg

Any team that calls on James Milner to play on the wing, Ashley Young, Tom Cleverly and Jack Whilshire to provide creativity are going to end up fucked.

I say this not as a Tottenham fan looking to coat of an Woolwich player but rather a football fan who sees a complete stalling in progression. Jack Wilshire is soft, a shoulder charge sends him tumbling. His stand out match when they beat Barcelona a few years back, is that of an entirely different player. Wenger knows it, that is why he has Cazorla and Ozil when there was an assumption over there that Wilshire would be that attacking player in their mould.

I like Gerrard, there is something of the Roy of the Rovers about him that, whilst I hate his theatrics and lack of forehead rate him highly. He is still England's most effective player - and that isnt' saying a great deal.

All in all; we'll qualify, draw a couple of group games at the WC, win one. Sneak past a team like Hungary in the second round and then get dry humped by any team left in the quarter finals....same old same old.

Let's say Bale plays for England. Would all these questions asked?

Hart
Walker - Dawson - Cahill - Cole/Baines
Carrick- Lampard
Gerrard

Bale - Rooney - Walcott

That looks far, far better. Clearly age is an issue, but Walcott (24), Walker (23), Hart (26), Cahill (27),
Rooney (27), Bale (24). You then have a player to to and see, you then have a player that was, seemingly, produced by England.

Then Wilshere isn't forced into being the "next big thing," because Bale is the new, young big thing. The youngsters don't have to be forced into being the stars, because Bale would be the established star. Townsend, Caulker, Wilshere, Sterling, Ince, Zaha, Shaw, and many others can be slowly integrated.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Talk about over reaction. We needed a draw. We got a draw.

Job done.
Over reaction to the last decade of football? I'd say I've given them a decent throw of the dice. We are so far behind other countries in national ethos, grass roots coaching etc. etc. that it isn't nearly funny.

If you watched any of the U20s route one football this summer you'll know what I mean, it was disgraceful to see a youth team asked to play that way.

Back
Top Bottom