England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cos what the fuck else is going to change. Woy hasn't done us too bad. We have a mediocre squad of players to pick from. Get behind him and the team. National pride ffs Qualify for the World
Cup and we have a month of fun following our boys. He's played youth, stuck with some old guard.

Fuck it stick him or play FIFA

:ossie:

Cos what the fuck else is going to change. Woy hasn't done us too bad. We have a mediocre squad of players to pick from. Get behind him and the team. National pride ffs Qualify for the World
Cup and we have a month of fun following our boys. He's played youth, stuck with some old guard.

Fuck it stick him or play FIFA

:ossie:
I think the whole set up needs a kick up the ass, don't think woy is the man for the job at senior level and still play boring football.

I don't think Hoddle being manager is the solution, they should give him a role in the FA to help build the infrastructure for future footballers. Not sure he has the temperament to manage modern day players at the highest level. Also, being manager has a shelf life of a few years, if he had a job a bit higher up he could be in that role for many years.

He has a lot to give English football and should not be completely discarded.

I think the whole set up needs a kick up the ass, don't think woy is the man for the job at senior level and still play boring football.
Agree 100% with the first bit.

I don't think he's a bad fella.

I don't care if we are boring if we win.

I don't think Hoddle being manager is the solution, they should give him a role in the FA to help build the infrastructure for future footballers. Not sure he has the temperament to manage modern day players at the highest level. Also, being manager has a shelf life of a few years, if he had a job a bit higher up he could be in that role for many years.

He has a lot to give English football and should not be completely discarded.
He should be involved at St George's Park in some capacity

The thing is. It's never going to change, this Greg Dyke who thinks we should basically do what Germany did and start from scratch isn't going to happen is it?

Firstly, the Bundesliga was no where near as good as it is now, before the big changes at the start of 2000, so it wasn't as big a change for them as it would be for us.

And secondly, the opposite can be said of England, the league is arguably the best in the world and has been for the last 10 years.

Are they seriously going to try to get rid of all the foreign investors having the majoirty share from a lot of the Premier league clubs? Man City and Chelsea's fans would run riot, literally!

It just isn't going to happen, and if he thinks that's what will need to be done to make it happen, I really can't see it.

We don't play the right way, to dominate the masters like Spain especially, in this country and the only way we will ever win at a major tournament is by sheer luck in the knockout stages or by having an unreal amount of talent that comes though at once, much like the Belgians now and others not having their best crop of players, but it probably won't happen for another 100 years, not in out lifetime anyway.

But we have to keep supporting the team, I don't get these 'fans' that say, 'oh I'm not watching that shit'. It's your country! After all, we are a tiny island with a lot less people to choose from when it comes to professional footballers.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.
Drop the whole squad and put together an England side of championship and league one players.
Not because I think it'll solve our problems but purely because im sick of watching an England side with no bollocks. 11 players that look like playing for their country is an inconvenience to their oh so busy lifestyle and the 'oh well, i'll still get picked for the next one cos theres no one else to replace me' attitude when they put in a poor performance.

Both Woolwich players have been appalling. Walcott is utter shite, can't pass, awful first touch, doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball, shite. I really do think Lennon would have done something tonight, even playing on the right of the forward three like Walcott is.

Back
Top Bottom