ERADICATE TO ACCUMULATE:

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just to clarify, you're saying who would we sell to acquire that 20 mil, and then who would we spend it on? Or are you saying you have 20 mil on top of player sales?

Lennon (7-8mill) Townsend(10-11), Daws(5-6) Rose (6-7):All 4 to QPR. Soldado (20-22mill) Athletico. Chadli 14-15mill. Galatasaray. Sandro (because he seems to want away) 12-13mill.serea A. Livermore 8-9mill Hull, Tommy Carroll 6-7mill to Swansea/Sunderland.

These would be my sales to generate a minimum of £88 - 98 million + 20 mill. £108-118 million.

Gonna sleep on this and spend it tomorrow!

COYS!!

Y'know, I was hoping to contribute and mulling over the list I would sell and buy under the pretext of Poch's tactics, but unfortunately I'm afraid it would spell the doom of yet another thread by Gibbsy attacking both me and anyone who chooses to agree with any of my selections.

So I believe I shall refrain, and I look forward to reading the rest of your responses! :thumbup: Some interesting recommendations already in here.

I'd sell Lennon (8M), Daws (5M), Livermore (7M), and Ade (5M) which would give me 45M to work with. I'd bring in Tello for 15M, Ben Davies for 10M, Michy Batshuayi for 10M, and Caulker for 10M. That addresses the LM, LB, CB, and ST positions that we need without changing the team too much.

I'd sell Ade for 10 mil and buy Bony for 20 mil

then sell Lennon for 7-10 mil and try ta get Lallana or Rodriguez for 20 mil

money gone lol I'd get Ekotto back and have him rotating with Rose fuck it

Lennon (8M), Daws (5M), Livermore (8.5M) and Ade (5M), BAE (2M), Naughton (2M), all out. I'd probably be tempted to sell Siggy too but actually I think he's the kind of player Poch will get a lot out of.

Lovren and Shaw in. 30ishM give or take.
The rest on a decent striker with the right attributes and mentality for the way we're gonna play.

Hey, I want to try this:
Starting: 20m
Sell Lennon for 7m = 27m Total now
:lennon:
Sell Dawson for 4.5m = 31.5m total
:dawsonmean:
Sell Rose = -.5m = 31m now

[If Ade wants to leave]
Sell Ade for maybe 10m using the Power of Levy = 41m now
:adestare:

Buy Heung Min Son for 13m as LF/LW = 28 million
Buy Bastian Oczipka for 3m as LB and for Levy to stop complaining about wasting money on buying Z's for Team Shirts = 25 million:levywtf:

Put the rest of the money into the Stadium Fund

Lennon (7-8mill) Townsend(10-11), Daws(5-6) Rose (6-7):All 4 to QPR. Soldado (20-22mill) Athletico. Chadli 14-15mill. Galatasaray. Sandro (because he seems to want away) 12-13mill.serea A. Livermore 8-9mill Hull, Tommy Carroll 6-7mill to Swansea/Sunderland.

These would be my sales to generate a minimum of £88 - 98 million + 20 mill. £108-118 million.

COYS!!

Fair play. 2 players aside (Chadli and Sandro) I would go for all of that.

and for Levy to stop complaining about wasting money on buying Z's for Team Shirts = 25 million:levywtf:

We turned down a young Zinedine Yazid Zidane for peanuts

hqdefault.jpg

Lev used to have hair until he found out about the Zidane fallout:

tumblr_me21xzxraT1ruyz4so2_250.gif

Last edited:
So what I gather so far is this:

Sell all our home grown players + 4 or 5 more.

Buy 7 or 8 new players. Because that didn't go wrong this time last year?

No one seems to be giving any thought (bar CJJ CJJ ) to the home grown quota that we must abide by. It's not FIFA 14 boys.
Fair play. 2 players aside (Chadli and Sandro) I would go for all of that.
And 'what would you go for' when we crash out of Europe because we've had to play a bunch of young English kids too meet our home grown quota? Or when we tumble down the league because we've only got a squad of 17 foreigners topped up with youth team players?
Good master plan.

Start £20m
Sell:
Lennon - £8m
Livermore - £5m
Naughton - £4m
Dawson - £4m
Rose - £5m
Funds: £46m

Buy:
Lallana - £25m
Moreno - £12m
Caulker - £9m

Then I woke up in a Liverpool shirt
Fixed it, based on your transfer targets.

Sell 11 (35mill)
Naughton 4mill, Dawson 4mill, Lennon 5mill, Sandro 9mill, Carroll/BAE 4mill, Adebayor 7mill, Obika/Khumalo/Mason/Hall 2mill
Buy 4 (55mill)
Backup HG Keeper (Darlow, McCarthy, Ruddy) 5mill, Starting LB up to 10mill, Starting LM/FWD up to 20mill, Striker up to 20mill (the target prices can be moved to suit the player but 50m for the 3 LB,LM,ST is fair).

Summary this all very doable as it also trims the squad, perhaps wages as well and allows Pochie to bring youth through as Daniel requires - eg Fredericks, Kane, Veljkovic. I would also bring Livermore back, he has proven himself in that DM role, I suggest a better passer than Sandro, proven endurance and box to box effort.
Squad would still carry to January for Poch to use/trial particularly in the EL/cup games Sigg, Dembele, Chiriches, Holtby, Soldado, Chadli, Fryers & Townie.
And of course Lamela comes back fresh.
A bright opportunity for THFC.

COYS!!
Buy Gareth Bale?
:baletroll:

Back
Top Bottom