ERADICATE TO ACCUMULATE:

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfotunately the players we need to take us to the next level probably won't come to us if the likes of Man C, etc are sniffing round them. But in my dream world I would be OK with letting Lennon, Soldado, Paulinho, Glyfi and Naughton go if we got a reasonable return for them. Purchases would be Lallana and Shaw - quality over quantity.

I'm being baited again with a post that makes no sense. I'll save the world 30 pages and let you all deal with it!

Can I put Chadli on the game to raise extra money?
Cos i would think about it, and I like my bread butter side up

Nacer-Chadli-Sexy-2.jpg

Unfotunately the players we need to take us to the next level probably won't come to us if the likes of Man C, etc are sniffing round them. But in my dream world I would be OK with letting Lennon, Soldado, Paulinho, Glyfi and Naughton go if we got a reasonable return for them. Purchases would be Lallana and Shaw - quality over quantity.

I don't know why we wait until the transfer window to sign players.

Modric is a perfect example of a great player we signed before the season even ended. All we need is an injury clause and a physical once the window opens.

the only other ones I would say are expendable are contentious: Paulinho and Sandro. Cue gibbs attack for mentioning Paulinho, but I don't think he offers any more than the rest of them could, and is a high value asset considering that.

Time will tell. But if I'm attacking, I'd like to include Sandro in said attack. And putting a price on heads does not guarantee improvement. :soldadowatch:

Let me get this straight. I say we won't have enough HG players if we sell the players you suggested. You say we've got plenty. I ask you to show me. You give me a link to CJJ CJJ listing our 8 HG players. Defoe has gone, and you want to sell 4 or 5 of the others. That leaves us with 2, 3 HG players.

Do you understand the home grown quota ruling?

I don't know why we wait until the transfer window to sign players.

Modric is a perfect example of a great player we signed before the season even ended. All we need is an injury clause and a physical once the window opens.
You joking? You've slated Modric in the Carroll thread. Make up your mind.

Let me get this straight. I say we won't have enough HG players if we sell the players you suggested. You say we've got plenty. I ask you to show me. You give me a link to CJJ CJJ listing our 8 HG players. Defoe has gone, and you want to sell 4 or 5 of the others. That leaves us with 2, 3 HG players.

Do you understand the home grown quota ruling?

You joking? You've slated Modric in the Carroll thread. Make up your mind.

So you think we have 8 HG players?

Thin the midfield out, bolster the defence slightly, consider swapping out a striker. Maybe a willing backup HG keeper.

Do I honestly think we need another midfielder or striker? No. We need defensive options, thats it. Maybe an up and coming striker to replace defoe, a defender to cover/replace dawson or kaboul, a left back, and that's it.

We don't need to spent millions every summer, the key to the success of many teams is longevity. The major backbone of City's recent success is the gelling of the players they bought 4 years ago, so I think we should only look to reinforce where necessary.

I do think that we've got too many central midfielders - work out Poch's system and thin out. Capoue is useful as a defender/DM, holtby is young and has potential, the only other ones I would say are expendable are contentious: Paulinho and Sandro. Cue gibbs attack for mentioning Paulinho, but I don't think he offers any more than the rest of them could, and is a high value asset considering that.

Our weakness last season wasn't creating chances, it was putting them away and defensive errors, so I'd want to see a defoe replacement (contradictory I know, but I like a good marquee striker signing!), a good LB, and maybe a CB.

3 players, that's it.
Great post, agree with nearly all of it, especially the longevity concept.

As Townsend is now considered a right winger, as is both Lamela and Lennon, we are only left with Chadli on the left wing. I would sacrifice getting a new back up keeper, we have Friedel on a year's contract as cover, and purchase a left winger. If my initial is wrong and Townsend is to be moved back to the left then please feel free to ignore this post. :kaboul:

can't be arsed unhiding the ignored shit, but just to clarify, we have to register players, a proportion of which have to be home grown (7 out of 24 i think). under 21s are 'free'. if we register the "abundance" of youth players, we are simply replacing experience with inexperience.

17 non home grown players (over 21] is the maximum. came replace Lennon with Konoplyanka just like that. think some have difficult understanding this, so here you go

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/home-grown-player-rule.html

can't be arsed unhiding the ignored shit, but just to clarify, we have to register players, a proportion of which have to be home grown (7 out of 24 i think). under 21s are 'free'. if we register the "abundance" of youth players, we are simply replacing experience with inexperience.

17 non home grown players (over 21] is the maximum. came replace Lennon with Konoplyanka just like that. think some have difficult understanding this, so here you go

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/home-grown-player-rule.html
What happened to the 25 man squad?

could be 25. it's max 17 non hg so that's potentially another hg needed

Yes, it is 25. It is very important to note that the roster given to the FA and UEFA at the beginning of the season does not have to consist of only the players you intend to use. For instance, that roster this past season included players such as Jon Obika and Simon Dawkins, neither of which even saw a second with the first team and one of which is no longer even a Spurs player. Therefore, we can include in that roster several of the reserves that are of age but we have no intent of playing regardless. Also, several academy players that did see time last year and/or are likely set to see time next year will be 21, Zeki Fryers and Ryan Fredericks are examples of this. Tom Carroll is also of age now, but of course as well as with the first two it remains to be seen if they will be included with the first team.

With moves such as bringing in an English No 2 keeper, and replacing Naughton with either Fredericks or one of the Saints RB's we've been linked with, the HG count is unlikely to become an issue next year and especially with the unlikelihood of Poch buying too many foreign players. So using the academy/reserve players, anyone making hypothetical lists in here should be able to toy around however they want with a decent cushion under it all.

Back
Top Bottom