Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Four matches is ridiculous. I don't care if he's deemed to be an important player or shite or whatever, it's the bloody principle plus only highlights how inconsistent the authorities are when it comes to retrospective punishments.

Jose won't be happy, won't be happy at all!

The ban is a bit excessive. He didn’t actually hit anyone, fair enough he went into the stand to confront someone, but a fine, warning and suspended sentence surely would have been enough.

Whilst the actual ban is farcical, is anyone really that bothered ? Dier is a bag of shit I’m sorry. A couple of clean sheets hasn’t convinced me whatsoever that he’s now suddenly our number 1 centre back. The Sheffield United game proved when him and Sanchez were dragged all over the place.
No on attributes alone you would actually play Alderweireld Sanchez against Aubameyang Lacazette. But Neither of them can play on the left. I wonder if Jose will ask Vertonghen to roll away the years. One last bad boys outing for him and Toby. Fuck it play Alderweireld Lamela 😂

Problem is the whole climbing into crowd in an 'aggressive' manner didn't look good. FA were always going to make an example out of him and ban him accordingly. 4 games is less than I was expecting, a lot less. Just a shame he isn't free for the NLD, then again we are not really going to need his aerial ability against them

What he did was wrong, no question. But the lack of consistency with this sort of thing is a fucking joke.

What consistency. When was the last time a PL player climbed into a stand and marched up it to have a go at a fan? I might be wrong but I can't think of a similar incident

You don't need to rate him at all - he's just the least worst option for that specific role, and him not being there means one of the other two centre backs has to massively compromise their game

Aubameyang and Lacazette running around Sanchez and Aurier with Sissoko covering as DM scares the fucking shit out of me.

If nobody else things that the most prolific cunt in the league - one that always fucking scores against us, Gooner or Dortmund - isn’t a threat against poor defenders then you are over confident or foolish.

The ban is a bit excessive. He didn’t actually hit anyone, fair enough he went into the stand to confront someone, but a fine, warning and suspended sentence surely would have been enough.

I agree. It does seem excessive. There were criminal proceedings in the case though so it is pretty serious.

What consistency. When was the last time a PL player climbed into a stand and marched up it to have a go at a fan? I might be wrong but I can't think of a similar incident

I mean the FA’s approach to banning players for inappropriate or dangerous conduct.

The Gooner cunt should have been banned. Vardy won’t even get told off for yesterday.
Or Norwood elbowing Son against Sheffield United.

TS have just read out a somewhat defiant statement from Eric..... Not sure where it comes from but it's not on his twitter/FB/Insta.

No surprise. From the moment we saw him in the stands, we knew something like this was coming. Waiting four months is a farce, even with the pandemic, but no one to blame here but Dier.

This leaves us slow and vulnerable at LCB. Hoping Jan can find the fountain of youth for a few more games, I guess?

I agree. It does seem excessive. There were criminal proceedings in the case though so it is pretty serious.

No charges of any kind were made....

All "criminal proceedings" mean in this instance is that it was looked at to see if any laws were breached.... It was obvious that they hadn't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom