Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane was also phenomenal in that game. Possibly my favourite showcase of Kane the creator -- creating wins without getting on the scoresheet.

Yet, still the thicko's are oblivious to that side of his game.

[Welcome back btw, fella!]

I think the biggest issue is mour is seeing dier as a future CB (and maybe rigt, he has been less shit than I thought since the restart), but, because he knows he lacks pace it's with dav. So basically noob + shouldn't be but still acts like a noob..
Now our season officially no longer has CL in the green leaves.. I'd get it. But why not start tobes + dav? You know today they'd only have a few chances. And for me those 2 are the best combo. (ok best if a bad bunch to be fair)

I think the biggest issue is mour is seeing dier as a future CB (and maybe rigt, he has been less shit than I thought since the restart), but, because he knows he lacks pace it's with dav. So basically noob + shouldn't be but still acts like a noob..
Now our season officially no longer has CL in the green leaves.. I'd get it. But why not start tobes + dav? You know today they'd only have a few chances. And for me those 2 are the best combo. (ok best if a bad bunch to be fair)
Good point re pace.

TBF I thought the 2 of them were shite today.
Dier and Dav

He was positionally terrible for both the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Now whether that's because for the past 3 or 4 years he's been training as a defensive midfielder which obviously requires completely different training set up and defensive methods, I don't know.

But it really wasn't good - beside that he wasn't bad. But I just can't help but feel that perhaps if he stayed as a centre half, what kind of player we may have had on our hands instead.

If Dier wants to be a mainstay he has to bully his team mates and never allow himself to fall asleep the way they do. Set a high standard and shout at the others until they get it right.

He was strong in his individual duels today but was nowhere to be seen on the three occasions where Sheffield played football.

Our defenders don't know how to second guess or anticipate whats going to happen, they wait and inevitably the opposition score. they were awful for all 3 goals... the fact that all the goal were similar tells me this.

It says something about the standard of footballer when a centre back who concedes a penalty in a game, and then proceeds to stick a foot out resulting in another penalty a few minutes later (thankfully reversed by VAR) is applauded for his apparent good performance by the majority on this board.
That's the sort of shit we have to deal with.

He was positionally terrible for both the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Now whether that's because for the past 3 or 4 years he's been training as a defensive midfielder which obviously requires completely different training set up and defensive methods, I don't know.

But it really wasn't good - beside that he wasn't bad. But I just can't help but feel that perhaps if he stayed as a centre half, what kind of player we may have had on our hands instead.
Said this yesterday BEFORE the game he was indulged in his Sergio Busqets fantasy by a weak coach. He pissed away nearly two years of development, when he should have been told if you want to play centre mid do it at Man United. Two words Ruben Dias.

Stolen from Reddit, didn't know where to post. I guess it goes here.

23xww4b83i851.jpg

Are we back to thinking he maybe isn’t the new Maldini off the back of a couple of solid games after all ?

Who could of seen that coming

Good point re pace.

TBF I thought the 2 of them were shite today.
Dier and Dav

I thought he was doing ok to start but his positional sense is dire although that could be said of our whole defence
No wonder Souness was taking the piss out of us

Well I thought he could solve our problems
He was the best of a bad bunch
But his positioning for all 3 goals was so so dissapointing , too static not aware enough. Not good enough.
Maybe he's not the solution .-.

Back
Top Bottom