Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hes let them crosses flash across the box a few times hasnt he! how the fuck he hasnt learnt from the first one we got punished from is just ridiculous! way out of his depth hes a really really poor footballer! would of suited a team like stoke a few years ago
He plays like a bloke who doesn't understand the position at all. He's simply not a CB., barely a DM. He hasn't got the anticipation, positional sense or awareness of danger required. A lumbering oaf.

Sooooo bad why is he playing?
I honestly think, for a long time, it's because (a) he looks physically like he should be a stalwart defender (big, strong, steely stare, shouts commands), so managers like what they see when they look at him, and (b) he's intelligent and well-spoken, so I suspect he wins over managers one-on-one by his thoughtfulness and cognitive understanding of the game.

On the pitch, none of that translates--he's physically slow, and he's mentally slow, which combines to make him too often two steps behind the play. But managers, like anyone else, can be prone to bad decisions based (even just implicitly) on the wrong criteria.

He plays like a bloke who doesn't understand the position at all. He's simply not a CB., barely a DM. He hasn't got the anticipation, positional sense or awareness of danger required. A lumbering oaf.
He decided he wanted to be a centre-half and we gave him a new contract on that basis. I didn't realise players could dictate where they wanted to play. Interesting way to run a football club.

He decided he wanted to be a centre-half and we gave him a new contract on that basis. I didn't realise players could dictate where they wanted to play. Interesting way to run a football club.
In that case, Kane should say fuck it, I'm fed up of scoring all the goals and you cunts keep conceding. I want to play CB next season. He'd do a better job than Dier of that I have no doubt.

In that case, Kane should say fuck it, I'm fed up of scoring all the goals and you cunts keep conceding. I want to play CB next season. He'd do a better job than Dier of that I have no doubt.
course he would because hes an actual footballer. dier is just a big shithouse with shit for brains, he doesnt have a position for any serious side. like a lot of this squad this clubs the pinnacle of his career and hes been lucky from some serious misjudgement from people at the club that hes even lasted this long.

Sad performance today. At some fault for all three goals. Few nice bits of play in the second half don't make up for that. Doubt we sell him.

Just wish we fucked this cunt off to United when his stock was high. What an opportunity that was. We didn’t and now we are lumbered with this donkey. Simply the worse centre back in the league. Has been at fault for so many goals this season it’s beyond ridiculous. He’s got the cheek to come out in the press and say he’s been treated unfairly. He is a complete joke.

This geezer speaks another language because his family moved there..... not because he’s some intellectual polyglot..... he’s ‘building an app’ and he talks about visits to the museum

None of this equates to a demonstrable intellect .... Eric show us your bonafides because I’m not convinced I’ve seen a dumber fucking footballer

The slowest ‘in your head first yard’ and slower actual second yard

if Rodon is worse than him then next season is gonna be painful

Not only that but this idiot had the nerve to tell Poch he was a midfielder and didn't want to be considered at centre back. Plays absolutely shit in midfield then states "actually I'm a Cb" years later.

and we give him a new contract. You couldn't make this shower of shit up if you tried.

Just wish we fucked this cunt off to United when his stock was high. What an opportunity that was. We didn’t and now we are lumbered with this donkey. Simply the worse centre back in the league. Has been at fault for so many goals this season it’s beyond ridiculous. He’s got the cheek to come out in the press and say he’s been treated unfairly. He is a complete joke.
I'm beginning to think that selling players at what we consider their peak is the right thing to do.
Imagine the money we'd have brought in from players like Eriksen, Dele, Harry Winks, Eric Dier, Danny Rose etc. if we sold when interest in them was at the highest level. We always seem to hang on too long, the light fades and we end up with washed up players and no transfer income to replace them.

I suppose the problem then becomes not having the scouting wherewithal to spend the money wisely.

Dier was always best in CM, anyone with eyes could see he was crap as a CB during the Poch era. Why Mourinho and Mason have played him there I don't know. It was always going to end in tears.

I'm beginning to think that selling players at what we consider their peak is the right thing to do.
Imagine the money we'd have brought in from players like Eriksen, Dele, Harry Winks, Eric Dier, Danny Rose etc. if we sold when interest in them was at the highest level. We always seem to hang on too long, the light fades and we end up with washed up players and no transfer income to replace them.

I suppose the problem then becomes not having the scouting wherewithal to spend the money wisely.
Of course it is. We’re not bank rolled and we’re not Manchester United

with some smart maneuvering we could have another title challenging squad

instead it’s just tired and broken

fergie knew when to cut loose

Back
Top Bottom