Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why anyone blames Dier as in he cannot demand being selected. Same with Sissoko and Aurier.

All 3 in particular (+ Lamela) and I hate slagging off our players have had so many chances as to be able to ask what is the problem.

With respect the fact all 4 still play for us and I would include Alli in that, tell us exactly why we are where we are.

Decisions, decisions , decisions.

And to think he actually gets payed to play like a class cunt every week. I'm in the wrong job give up social care and sign for Tottenham and play like a headless cockerel and become a millionaire . Get rid of him levy and you can fuck off as well and all the other Shite that's clogging up the .

92!!! what a disgrace. has he actually said this? can you post the link

Asked by the Evening Standard if Spurs fans have seen the best of him in the heart of defence, Dier said: “I think they’ve seen it in periods."

“I’ve got mixed emotions towards it really. At times, I feel like it’s a bit unfair. Sometimes I’ve made a mistake or something has led to a goal and one mistake is talked about like it’s four or five. I’ve felt that at times.

“As defenders, you’re always going to make mistakes and the most important thing is how you react to them. I think fans have seen what I can do in glimpses, especially at the beginning of the season. I think I had a very good first six months and it dropped a little bit for a few games. But I feel like I’ve been back to a good place for a couple of months now.

“It’s just the narrative I see that is painted of me. It doesn’t really bother me too much. I just think it’s a bit unfair. It’s football. I just need to worry about myself and keep trying to do better. But I’m my own biggest critic and I know where I can improve and when I can improve.”

Last edited:

Asked by the Evening Standard if Spurs fans have seen the best of him in the heart of defence, Dier said: “I think they’ve seen it in periods.

“I’ve got mixed emotions towards it really. At times, I feel like it’s a bit unfair. Sometimes I’ve made a mistake or something has led to a goal and one mistake is talked about like it’s four or five. I’ve felt that at times."

“As defenders, you’re always going to make mistakes and the most important thing is how you react to them. I think fans have seen what I can do in glimpses, especially at the beginning of the season. I think I had a very good first six months and it dropped a little bit for a few games. But I feel like I’ve been back to a good place for a couple of months now.

“It’s just the narrative I see that is painted of me. It doesn’t really bother me too much. I just think it’s a bit unfair. It’s football. I just need to worry about myself and keep trying to do better. But I’m my own biggest critic and I know where I can improve and when I can improve.”
His decision to want to be a CB is the worst thing he could have done.

For me, it doesn't matter where he plays. I thought he was dreadful as a midfielder.
At least as a midfielder his errors weren't likely to lead to goals.

Make a mistake at CB and it invariably will lead to a goal.

His decision to play at CB was based on trying to get into the England squad.

His career has tanked since getting injured and also having emergency appendicitis surgery. He's never recovered from that.

Let’s be honest, I used to like Dier and at the time I rated him but was he ever that good? Do we have a single player on our books that looked bad when playing next to Dembele in midfield? Do we have a player that wasn’t able to look good when in a back 5 with Walker, Toby, Jan and Rose? He has obviously declined but I don’t think he was ever a particularly strong player.

Mourinho wants Dire and Carlsberg (Danish, promises much, weak as piss and delivers very little) as yet Spurs are refusing to let them go.

Ths is why we can't have nice things because we want to keep our shitty things.

was he ever that good?
No, he wasn't. Because he played in a good team with good players that was winning games, people thought he was something. We heard a lot of talk about his tactical flexibility when the reality was that it suited him to drop in between the CBs, because he couldn't handle the pressure of receiving the ball in midfield-it frightened the piss out of him. For me, watching him masquerade as a midfielder was an execrable experience, ever before he was hit by any sort of medical problems. And probably worst of all, once he was called up by England in 2016, I felt his ego became a problem, as is often the way for players who go on to represent their country. Scored a goal from a free kick for England and thought his shit was chocolate. Mourinho patting his manboobs in a tunnel. "Mmmmm. I'm good, aren't I?" Even now, you can see that for all his book learning, the guy has got something missing-he does not or cannot see that his performances are not up to snuff. No accountability. Just a tweener. And a lousy one at that.

Asked by the Evening Standard if Spurs fans have seen the best of him in the heart of defence, Dier said: “I think they’ve seen it in periods."

“I’ve got mixed emotions towards it really. At times, I feel like it’s a bit unfair. Sometimes I’ve made a mistake or something has led to a goal and one mistake is talked about like it’s four or five. I’ve felt that at times.

delusional mess

He is one of those players who has enough attributes to improve under a manager who understands his game but he really has to improve himself as well. He has been bang average for a long long time. And yet his versatility makes him perfect for the modern game, if only he can improve.

I'm not entirely sure he can.

Mourinho wants Dire and Carlsberg (Danish, promises much, weak as piss and delivers very little) as yet Spurs are refusing to let them go.

Ths is why we can't have nice things because we want to keep our shitty things.
There’s nothing out there, except for a piece of shitey “journalism” to say Mourinho wants those players.

Following on from that, there’s no evidence we’ve refused to let those players go.

And there’s no transfer window open, so we couldn’t anyway.

Do you believe everything you read on Twitter?

Done with Dier (as well as many others). Happy with him for a few years but the real cracks started to show 2017/18 when he started making big errors (away at Liverpool for Salah’s opener).

His insistence that he’s not at fault for his performances is a joke, he’s not a CB, he’s not a holding midfielder.

Trouble is he’s got 3 years left on a deal around £90K per week, he ain’t going anywhere unless we drop the asking price massively or subsidise his wages.

I’d rather put him to use selling hot dogs in the ground that be around the squad. If he continues to be selected, when fans are back he’ll be jumping into the crowd at the end of every game!

He's a clever bastard really, realised a while back that his body had changed and he possessed the turning circle of a truck so convinced the club he would just miraculously become a good centreback. You can imagine the joy on Levys face when he thought he didn't have to splash out on a position we needed desperately.

Dier is literally a fucking meme amongst all the fans of the Premier League and he is our starting CB, it's actually insulting.

Back
Top Bottom