Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So as I understand it, Dier was shit on Sunday because Davies wasn't perfect.

giphy.gif

Has anyone found those mysterious lost passes yet? :sonhmm:

......Y'kow the ones that it's since alleged didn't actually happen?

Asking for a friend. 🥰

If he can keep Dier on this path of improvement he will go down as the greatest manager in the history of Tottenham. If he can do it with Dele and Winks as well...he may be the greatest that ever lived.
This is what good managers do.

Unfortunately, many fans were tainted by the dinosaur's scapegoating and didn't recognise he was absolutely fucking useless and went down the path of slating players who were put in an impossible position to succeed based on how he coached set up the team whilst he was our manager.

These players really aren't bad, any fans that still think this are being made to eat huge portions of humble pie.

Unfortunately, many fans were tainted by the dinosaur's scapegoating and didn't recognise he was absolutely fucking useless and went down the path of slating players who were put in an impossible position to succeed based on how he coached set up the team whilst he was our manager.

These players really aren't bad, any fans that still think this are being made to eat huge portions of humble pie.

Trolls don't do humble pie - first bad result and the usual cnuts will be back - trolls gonna troll.

Just ignore them, clueless idiots will eventually get bored giving out X's to posters who simply don't care.

Trolls don't do humble pie - first bad result and the usual cnuts will be back - trolls gonna troll.

Just ignore them, clueless idiots will eventually get bored giving out X's to posters who simply don't care.
Nothing bothers me that much to be honest. But would be good if we could shut down the growing narrative of Conte is a genius because of what he has done to players X, Y & Z is such a get out of jail free card to those who have been slagging off those same players for three years now, the same players that happened to perform to a high level whilst we competed in the top 3 and in CL and domestic trophies for approx 5yrs on the bounce! (Conte is an elite coach he's doing what elite coaches do, he's not sprinkling magic dust on these already good players, he's working hard on all aspects of our game that improves the collective).

Many supporters stuck by those players and focused on the issue which was the manager(s) lack of coaching and tactical acumen of the modern game

and look who is disagreeing!
choke on it

To be fair Dier wasnt that good even with Poch when his crutch left the club to play in China. Actually had to give up being a midfielder and moved to CB where his lack of agility and awareness caused him(and us) even more problems. Hes only very recently had a couple of decent games since Conte has arrived, I wouldnt get too carried away just yet. Just like how Davies makes goal conceding errors then has a decent game where he doesnt f-up and again vs Liverpool another blunder.

Conte's already made a difference( albeit just 1 game so far) in Winks , I wouldnt be surprised if he coached others to be better as well.

Nothing bothers me that much to be honest. But would be good if we could shut down the growing narrative of Conte is a genius because of what he has done to players X, Y & Z is such a get out of jail free card to those who have been slagging off those same players for three years now, the same players that happened to perform to a high level whilst we competed in the top 3 and in CL and domestic trophies for approx 5yrs on the bounce! (Conte is an elite coach he's doing what elite coaches do, he's not sprinkling magic dust on these already good players, he's working hard on all aspects of our game that improves the collective).

Many supporters stuck by those players and focused on the issue which was the manager(s) lack of coaching and tactical acumen of the modern game

Like who? The majority have left.......Walker, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela

Lloris, Son and Kane are the only truly proven class players left from that era.

Like who? The majority have left.......Walker, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela

Lloris, Son and Kane are the only truly proven class players left from that era.

Dier, Winks, Dele I'm assuming

They were all playing at a higher level during those times.

Happy to be proven wrong with Dier.
Rather not spend £50-£60m on a defender if we don't need to.

But I would wait until at least the end of this season to see if there has been a notable improvement.

Dier
Winks
Dele
Davies

All present and all booed and slated.

Now add

Bergwijn

Two more players pending on the "get out my Club" boo list
Ndombele & Lo Celso

This is what elite coaches do and this isn't a surprise in the slightest.

Dier
Winks
Dele
Davies

All present and all booed and slated.

Now add

Bergwijn

Two more players pending on the "get out my Club" boo list
Ndombele & Lo Celso

This is what elite coaches do and this isn't a surprise in the slightest.

Elite coaches do what?

None of the listed players have been good under Conte. Not his fault because they all suck and he can only do so much when given dogshit.

Back
Top Bottom