EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you don't want me to "keep going" then don't quote me. The same goes for anyone else. I am responding to posters challenging my view, which I've got absolutely no problem with because that is what a forum is designed for, it's its very purpose.

I've not once used any derogatory language (despite having received some), I've not once gone on the wind-up, despite being accused of such, just posted my account of the game and their preceding games in this tournament and back up my views with some facts. But kept it polite and to the topic of football.

I've even congratulated them on getting through, whilst agreeing that England would also have been smashed by the same team.

Are you actually going to post something about the game(s) or are you going to try and shut down such conversation and make it all about a poster that you disagree with? If you disagree with my views on the game, let's hear them. If you don't wish to comment on the game then please can I ask you politely to stop trying to post about me. (If I'm acting the cunt then fair game, go for me, but show me where I've done that in this exchange).
I never accused you of being a c and have been polite and respectful in all my posts to you in this exchange (if I haven't then I apologise) but your whole time here in this reply is one of short temper or annoyance (aggressive?). I haven't accused you of wind up but I think some.of what you say seems to be (by design or accident) reasonably antagonistic ESPECIALLY as you're not an Italian fan or a Welsh fan and England haven't currently played them in this tournament. If you were an Italy fan and making your case then fairs but it comes across as a bit like trying to do a wind up.

I won't quote you any more or discuss this if you so wish (although you're doing what you suggest I am doing by 'shutting down the conversation').
Also, I have discussed the game in a number of posts so....

Anyways, take care

France is superior to all having Mbappe ', Kante, Pogba etc. But she also has several environmental problems: too many first women (see the Giroud-Mbappe clash that became public). Germany is still Germany as Lineker said. Italy is doing very well in such a short tournament, but I would say wait for a real crush test before judging. At the moment I am thrilled.
You have every right to be thrilled. And I am talking about your style of play here. Wonderful stuff.

France is superior to all having Mbappe ', Kante, Pogba etc. But she also has several environmental problems: too many first women (see the Giroud-Mbappe clash that became public). Germany is still Germany as Lineker said. Italy is doing very well in such a short tournament, but I would say wait for a real crush test before judging. At the moment I am thrilled.
I feel exactly like you. We are not there to win it, but you never know...

The most exciting thing is the way they play: a beauty to watch, and you can tell that the team spirit is unbelievable

I feel exactly like you. We are not there to win it, but you never know...

The most exciting thing is the way they play: a beauty to watch, and you can tell that the team spirit is unbelievable
Has Mancini's coaching always been this good? I'd be beating his door down to bring him to Spurs if I thought he fancied a new challenge.

Has Mancini's coaching always been this good? I'd be beating his door down to bring him to Spurs if he fancies a new challenge.
I have been living in UK for 18 years now, and I don't watch Italian football too often (six or seven Torino games plus a couple of big games each year). Also, because qualifiers are pointless, I don't watch Italy apart from when we are in big tournaments.

I have always thought that Mancini was "the most successful useless manager" in the history of football. Ok, he won a title with City and he did reasonably well, but I don't rate his one horse race titles with Inter much. After watching this Italy, he would be one of my top names to manage Spurs. The job he is doing with this squad is absolutely unbelievable. If we could sign him, he would be the top name on my list. Sadly, it won't happen for quite some time

Forget what Italy have done before the tournament, they've won three games against Turkey, Switzerland and Wales. No disrespect to any of those Nations, none of them are poor, although Turkey have been quite shocking throughout. But they are all opponents a side like Italy should be beating. If England were in the same group you would really be hoping for three wins. Wales would be the biggest test, but we managed to beat them even when we were genuinely shocking under Hodgson and Wales were on fire.

Sure, the performances of Italy have been quite impressive, but I keep coming back to the opposition they were facing. Turkey have been woeful and have looked like a lower end Premier League side, and Switzerland always get beat by anyone decent.

Forget what Italy have done before the tournament, they've won three games against Turkey, Switzerland and Wales. No disrespect to any of those Nations, none of them are poor, although Turkey have been quite shocking throughout. But they are all opponents a side like Italy should be beating. If England were in the same group you would really be hoping for three wins. Wales would be the biggest test, but we managed to beat them even when we were genuinely shocking under Hodgson and Wales were on fire.

Sure, the performances of Italy have been quite impressive, but I keep coming back to the opposition they were facing. Turkey have been woeful and have looked like a lower end Premier League side, and Switzerland always get beat by anyone decent.
My thoughts exactly really. Qualifying you beat up the shit nations. This group was a pretty chilled group. They did well to win 3, but until we see them vs another top nation we really don't have too much to go on.

It's why it is so hard normally to predict international teams because the best teams don't play each other till late in the tournament normally. All of them come into the tournament on ridiculous unbeaten streaks because they've been beating up San Marino and Lichtenstein for two years.

Has Mancini's coaching always been this good? I'd be beating his door down to bring him to Spurs if I thought he fancied a new challenge.
I always thought he was good but nothing exceptional. Instead he is working very well: at this point I question my understanding of the coaches🤣

Not really.
The point is good teams beat the teams they're supposed to beat. Italy have done so, England have not. You can't tell me Scotland are a better side than Wales, and England did not get it done against Scotland.

Could they go further than Italy? Sure. Could Italy lose their next match? Sure.

Italy have been far more capable of making a deep run than England do though.

If only they could get draws with powerhouses like Hungary and Scotland.

Italy’s group is also much stronger than Netherland’s.

No one is saying Italy is the best team in history but they look more impressive than anyone and are probably 2nd favorite after France.

I have been living in UK for 18 years now, and I don't watch Italian football too often (six or seven Torino games plus a couple of big games each year). Also, because qualifiers are pointless, I don't watch Italy apart from when we are in big tournaments.

I have always thought that Mancini was "the most successful useless manager" in the history of football. Ok, he won a title with City and he did reasonably well, but I don't rate his one horse race titles with Inter much. After watching this Italy, he would be one of my top names to manage Spurs. The job he is doing with this squad is absolutely unbelievable. If we could sign him, he would be the top name on my list. Sadly, it won't happen for quite some time

It never struck me that his City were ever more than the sum of their (v.expensive) parts.... This feels different tho.

It never struck me that his City were ever more than the sum of their (v.expensive) parts.... This feels different tho.
Absolutely
I thought that at City he was average, with probably only two highlights:
- he managed to get some good stuff out of an unmanageable player like Balotelli
- he played a good mind game a few games from the end, when they had to catch up Utd

With Italy he is surprising me. I think that the lack of expectations/pressure helped him to build up this team in an easier way than before

If only they could get draws with powerhouses like Hungary and Scotland.

Italy’s group is also much stronger than Netherland’s.

No one is saying Italy is the best team in history but they look more impressive than anyone and are probably 2nd favorite after France.

The fuck have Netherlands got to do with anything? You've just plucked them from your ass.

They look impressive, sure, but that's also helped by playing Turkey and Switzerland. Let's see how they do and perform when they play sides that aren't just poor to decent.

I don't understand criticizing who Italy has played, if you do that to them it is the same for everyone else. The same criticisms for them apply to every team in the tournament.

Nobody has looked impressive playing quality teams.

I don't understand criticizing who Italy has played, if you do that to them it is the same for everyone else. The same criticisms for them apply to every team in the tournament.

Nobody has looked impressive playing quality teams.

Which is my point. Italy haven't looked quality against anyone great simply because they haven't played anyone great yet. The way some people are going on about them, it's like the tournament has already been decided.

So far, Germany's performance against Portugal is the most impressive by a team. Though you have to say that Portugal's defending on the day was abysmal.

I must say I really hate the setup of the tournament. These last match group state days should be so much more exciting than they are. With how many teams qualify though, it really removes a lot of the tension.

I guess I'll be watching Ukraine Austria, but it's a lot less interesting knowing both will probably qualify with a draw.

Should only be the top 2 teams in each group.

Back
Top Bottom