Europa Conference - Mura (A) 25th November 17:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder if that's an indication that Conte isn't interested in him at all. Would seem an odd one to pie off without a fair crack of the whip?

EDIT

I see CarrieFi CarrieFi posted a tweet from Charlie Eccleshare to say he's ill.
As you were.
Is it though? He hasn’t shown any indication of any skill above avg since he’s been here. And he seems injury prone.

Probably / possibly but absolutely the correct time to try it out.

Lucas and PEH are the problem Childs
No. They really aren't.
Lucas only issue is getting the final pass off (and he's far from alone in that one) and I don't see PEH as having any substantial problems in his current position.

There are other far more problematic children in the squad than these two - eg - Dele, Scarlett, Sess, Gil, Gio and of course Bergwijn.

No. They really aren't.
Lucas only issue is getting the final pass off (and he's far from alone in that one) and I don't see PEH as having any substantial problems in his current position.

There are other far more problematic children in the squad than these two - eg - Dele, Scarlett, Sess, Gil, Gio and of course Bergwijn.
None of that lot start games. PEH and Lucas are in the starting 11 and need to be replaced asap - I hold them (partially) accountable for our decline. Awful, scratchy footballers

Probably / possibly but absolutely the correct time to try it out.

Lucas and PEH are the problem Childs

Ndombele is the biggest problem child of the lot.

The idea of him replacing the endevour, running and general work-rate of Lucas is madness.

We need to win the group to avoid two games in feb.

that's priceless to us, rest in that period is everything.

the problem is that Rennes are actually quite a good side. We need to win both games remaining imo.
Agree - the five subs thing helps us

Ndombele is the biggest problem child of the lot.

The idea of him replacing the endevour, running and general work-rate of Lucas is madness.
Why not try it tonight tho? This is one of those games that is a gimme, I’m not suggesting he starts the next five PL games there. And I disagree - we absolutely need quality > work rate and this is one position we can make a quick fix. Less left field, Son right and Gill left (I still think he’s a middle third player not an attacker tho)

Off topic I know but that picture, with the Gothic sandstone wall in the background, reminds me of when we saw an exhibition of Rodin's sculptures - including The Thinker - in the patio of Salamanca University (the Spanish Cambridge/Oxford).

You see photos of them, many of them iconic, like the photo, and of course you admire them, but when I saw them really close up, I was struck by the impact they had on me, really moving. Like living humans suddenly turned to bronze by a cruel god or something. They're astonishing, really.

Yeah, not seen one in the flesh, but get the true insight to your meaning when I see this one...

ronaldo cristiano GIF

Why not try it tonight tho? This is one of those games that is a gimme, I’m not suggesting he starts the next five PL games there.

Experimenting for the sake of it is pointless.... Need to be at least some feeling that these things can work in games of our more typical level.

And I disagree - we absolutely need quality > work rate and this is one position we can make a quick fix.

If Conte felt this way he'd have given Ndombele some minutes ahead of Winks & Delel on Sunday.

Less left field, Son right and Gill left (I still think he’s a middle third player not an attacker tho)

Well that wouldn't be left-field at all. LW is his usual position.

The idea of him at CAM is not unfathomable, but the idea of him being one of the CM 2 is loopy...

If Conte fields either of your original suggestions; I'll buy you an E-beer.

Last edited:
Off topic I know but that picture, with the Gothic sandstone wall in the background, reminds me of when we saw an exhibition of Rodin's sculptures - including The Thinker - in the patio of Salamanca University (the Spanish Cambridge/Oxford).

You see photos of them, many of them iconic, like the photo, and of course you admire them, but when I saw them really close up, I was struck by the impact they had on me, really moving. Like living humans suddenly turned to bronze by a cruel god or something. They're astonishing, really.
Felt the same when I saw la peidra (sp)… like a mum holding her dying son right in front of you…. Quite emotional

Let’s see what these players can do. If they are as good as they think they are, they should demolish this opponent.

I’m tired of watching our squad players shamble around on Thursdays then be disappointed they don’t play in league matches. There has to be maximum effort in every game as a bare minimum. Ndombele should look like Messi in a game like this.

Back
Top Bottom